+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Survivor 28 Spec & *SPOILERS* thread

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Survivor 28 Spec & *SPOILERS* thread

I'm finding it interesting that in a lot of the Survivor's Live interviews or post game interviews, they are mentioning that they think Trish is playing a far better game than they thought when they were on the island. That watching the show has changed their perspective quite a bit.

Just interesting because that means Trish isn't being given any credit for her gameplay out there and if she makes it to the final three it doesn't look good for her...
    Or/ it's another big red herring!!
    Pretty much everyone has said that they can't stand Kass...

Tasha didn't speak much about Tony except to say he is not liked and yet he is playing a strong game. It was very odd that she basically didn't mention Spencer at all except to say she thought he should have shared with her that he had an idol. It was a strange omission from her Survivor Live interview because she talked about everyone BUT Spencer... her closest buddy at the end of the game.
    I think things are pointing more and more to a Spencer win. Editing wise and how things are playing out in these interviews as well.
    Punkin likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I'm finding it interesting that in a lot of the Survivor's Live interviews or post game interviews, they are mentioning that they think Trish is playing a far better game than they thought when they were on the island. That watching the show has changed their perspective quite a bit.

Just interesting because that means Trish isn't being given any credit for her gameplay out there and if she makes it to the final three it doesn't look good for her...
    Or/ it's another big red herring!!
    Pretty much everyone has said that they can't stand Kass...

Tasha didn't speak much about Tony except to say he is not liked and yet he is playing a strong game. It was very odd that she basically didn't mention Spencer at all except to say she thought he should have shared with her that he had an idol. It was a strange omission from her Survivor Live interview because she talked about everyone BUT Spencer... her closest buddy at the end of the game.
    I think things are pointing more and more to a Spencer win. Editing wise and how things are playing out in these interviews as well.
    I noticed much of what you say here, too. I'm kind of obsessing about this season and have visited Twitter feeds and other board and watched a handful of interviews with Parvati. Piecing it all together, I come up with this....

Personally, I think Spencer goes home this week. Odds of winning an immunity challenge back-to-back are remote and he'd be the first person others would want to get rid of.

The viewing audience seems to focus mostly on Trish, Tony, and Kass. Spencer doesn't seem to get much airtime - and other than challenges, the same is true of Tasha. They seem to fly under the radar a bit from a game-play perspective. I think these two things MIGHT explain why neither Jeffra nor Tasha - or even Parvati for that matter - referenced Spencer much during their post-show interviews. It was all Tony, Trish, and Kass because these are the ones bringing home the drama.

Also, I noticed that tone and frequency of Tweets is a bit different. Trish seems like a happy camper - as if nothing is wrong in the universe. Survivor doesn't seem like a big deal on Spencer's Twitter feed, and Tony has a "I played the best I could while I was out there" attitude. Based on tone, content, and frequency of tweets, I'd say neither Spencer nor Tony are in the finals. Trish, on the other hand, is. For Kass and Woo, it's more of the same on Twitter. Kass is still defensive, and Woo is still surfer dude. I can't get a read on these two based on Twitter alone.

Discussion on other boards suggests that the final two are Kass and Trish. And, based on Jeffra's and Tasha's post-show interviews, I don't think Kass has any hope. Apparently, just about everyone on the jury dislikes her. So, Trish is likely victorious.

One of the spoilers that people are gravitating to is the following:

5. Woo
    4. Tony
    3. Spencer
    2. Kass
    1. Trish

I still don't see Spencer advancing this week, but I hope I am wrong! I would love to see Spencer in F2, but based on all of the above, I'm not feeling it.

Sidenote: I am completely lost on why people think Trish played such a good game. I just don't see it. All I see is someone who drank Tony's Koolaid.
    Last edited by Jexter; 05-13-2014 at 10:55 PM.
    spockwhat likes this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

In Survivor final voting, though, it is from among the final three, not the final two. The last three give speeches and take questions, then the jury votes. So...Spencer, with luck, may make the final three, but maybe doesn't receive the votes.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

This year its speculated to be final 2 instead of final 3. No proof of that tho.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Yeah, I'm not giving much credence to the final two spec because it goes right along with the rest of the "spoilers" that were proven to be fake.
    Final three is usually what happens and it is what I am expecting.

Previews are that Woo is on Tony's radar as the one he wants to have go, so I doubt that is what will happen. Excited for the show tonight.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

I'm thinking it might be a final 2 because Lindsey quit and we have tonight (final 5) and Sunday (final 4). Usually they have two vote-offs on finale night. Who knows with this season, though. We could have a full hour of Tony/Kass/Trish fighting.

I don't see any Survivor scheduled for Sunday night. (Only the finale for TAR.) But next Wednesday is the final four from 8:00pm till 10:00pm and then a reunion special at 10:00pm. (If you are DVRing, remember to set the DVR to record two programs.)

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I don't see any Survivor scheduled for Sunday night. (Only the finale for TAR.) But next Wednesday is the final four from 8:00pm till 10:00pm and then a reunion special at 10:00pm. (If you are DVRing, remember to set the DVR to record two programs.)
    Yup, its on Wednesday for 3 hours( includes the reunion show)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yup, its on Wednesday for 3 hours( includes the reunion show)
    Good gawd. This is the best thing on TV right now so I will hunker down with a seriously large bottle of wine for that!

From another board (not sure if I'm allowed to say the name), there are a couple of tidbits put forward as spoilers.

The most popular by far are that Kass and Trish are F2 and that there is only a Final 2 - not a Final 3....which would seriously bum me out because of the next most popular spoiler which has Spencer coming in at 3rd (honestly, I don't know how that boy would pull it off, but it would be great!)

Abollo joined that board right before the season started (In December) and has only posted once...and it was this
    6. Tasha
    5. Woo
    4. Tony
    3. Spencer
    2. Kass
    1. Trish

People seem to like the theory because of the mysterious timing of the poster's arrival to the board - AND because he/she pinpointed when Tasha went out accurately. Apparently only one other person has speculated that Tasha would go out in 6th.

There is a spoiler that Tony makes F3, which is gaining momentum!

I'm not keen on a final 2 instead of final 3. TV Guide has referred to a "Final 3" but TV Guide is not known for details.

Anyway, food for thought for everyone.

All I know is that to make the finals interesting, either Spencer or Tony need to be in the mix. Kass would be good TV but it would be more of the same and not nearly as entertaining as come-from-behind Spencer or cult-leader-Tony.
    Punkin likes this.

Man this season has been so amazing but if kass and trish are the final 2 that seriously would ruin the entire season for me, that would be soooo disappointing i really hope this isnt true considering all spoilers this season have been wrong anyway i refuse to believe this lol
    AmyKay likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast