+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: 10/16 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/16 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

The next two episodes are during the World Series. Why don't I remember this from previous years...

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

The World Series is on Fox while Survivor is on CBS. Watching one doesn't necessarily preclude the viewing of the other.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

It will for us (since I'm not willing to channel surf during either of those programs). So I'll have to catch Survivor later online.

If you have Comcast (or probably just about any other cable carrier) the latest Survivor episode should be available OnDemand on Thursday. I can't watch most episodes when they premiere because of work, so I use OnDemand. There's the online option too, but I'm too used to watching Survivor on the big screen lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    If you have Comcast (or probably just about any other cable carrier) the latest Survivor episode should be available OnDemand on Thursday.
    Silly, the World Series is scheduled for Thursday too, LOL. [just kidding...]

The only real dilemma here is whether I'm willing to wait to find out what happened. ;^)

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    While I kind of wish Brad went, I'm glad Candice is gone. I have no sympathy towards her never getting to play considering she had her chance...twice. I still don't get why they brought her on a third time, and I hope she never gets a fourth shot.

I'm shocked the newbies actually won something Maybe Brad really was a cancer on that tribe. I still kind of doubt they would have kept momentum, and it looks like they're switching tribes next week anyway. It's really interesting how the guy's alliance has pretty much fallen apart...looks like either Caleb would have joined with the girls, or Vytas and Hayden would have joined with them to take out Caleb.

The good thing about the vet's losing is that we finally got to see the dynamics of the tribe, like I don't think it was really shown just how much on the outs Laura B was. I can see why Aras and Tina won before, they might be in the best positions of any player in the game right now. Aras in particular appears to be leading the tribe, but unlike Brad, he has managed to lead a successful tribe, and he's a much more subtle leader than Brad ever had any hope of being. It looks like "King" Aras might be in danger next week, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Aras or Tina made it to the end.

They didn't really touch on it on screen, but another reason I could see for voting out Laura M over Laura B or Kat is that we've seen that she has a very close relationship with her daughter, and she probably would have been the most tempted of the three to switch sides. Laura B has no family left, and while Kat does have Hayden, they seem to have tricked her into thinking she's in the majority alliance (just like the last time she played ). I'll also add that Laura M was a fairly crafty player her first season, while Kat really wasn't. Of the three players not in the alliance on that tribe, I'd probably agree that Laura M was the biggest threat.
    I watched the episode again last night and I don't think Laura B is on the outs near as much as editing would lead us to believe. The one clip we actually saw of her talking about being on the outides was obviously from the beginning. She was still wearing her tie die shirt and it was very clean. Any of the rest of the clips could have come from any point and her voice over from early interviews.

I agree that Laura M was probably a big threat. Just because Aras was able to ignore her feminine wiles does not mean maybe someone else, like maybe Vytas, would be so inclined. Plus she proved how close she is to her daughter at that challenge when she got so emotional at the thought of having to battle her one on one. There's no way, despite her protesting otherwise, that she would ever have gone against her daughter after the merge.
    kev89 likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Apparantly, this is another must see episode. Candice and Laura M brought down in one show? I can live with that.

So, with Colton and Candice gone, and the patheticly pathethic Laura on her way, I may able to start watching and actually find it watch-able.

For the person who asked earlier, Candice was unlikeable because she backstabs, flips and is horribly self-righteous... then smiles as Jeff calls her a hero. As for Laura, she was manipulative, b*tchy, and more than a little full of herself on her season. The only reason some people like her is because she was up against Russell Hantz her season... he made her look less evil in comparison. Plus, as evidenced by this episode, she works REALLY really hard to appear to be hot... some people like girls who work really hard to appear hot.
    Please note that is only why some people like her. I'm sure other people like her for other reasons, I just haven't figured out what they are yet....

You can tell I don't like these people, I'll bet.
    kev89 and jucamer like this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Here's my guess for what's going to happen in the next episode. One team will be made up of the loved ones reunited, and the other team will be all of those whose loved ones are gone for good.

"Singles" Team:
    Tyson
    Gervase
    Laura B
    Caleb
    Ciera

"Pairs" Team:
    Tina
    Katie
    Kat
    Hayden
    Aras
    Vytas

Redemption Island still has:
    Laura M
    John
    Brad

It's 5 against 6, but they're already lopsided. This would pull in a whole new dynamic: Those who are alone know they have to band together, whether they are Vets or Newbies. Those who are in pairs will be put through the angst of deciding who to vote out at Tribal Council if they lose.

Whatcha think?
    captain, PWS, TripleGemini and 1 others like this.

If that's not what they're going to do, it's a very good idea for what they should do. Good thinking, AZ.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I agree I like this idea AZ.
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread