+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: 10/16 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 10/16 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Interesting, I didn't know that! I feel a lot better about enjoying coconut "water" then!

I have to think there is some relative scarcity of ripe coconuts or the "boys" would not be acting like they scored some kind of coup by doing this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    A chemical peel is never put around your eyes, the skin is too thin and tender.
    When I had plastic surgery on my upper and lower eyelids, the surgeon also did a chemical peel under my eyes from my nose to the outside of both eyes. My first word out of anesthesia was "BURNS!!!" But it sure looked great after it healed.
    holly71 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    When I had plastic surgery on my upper and lower eyelids, the surgeon also did a chemical peel under my eyes from my nose to the outside of both eyes. My first word out of anesthesia was "BURNS!!!" But it sure looked great after it healed.
    Yes and that is a much weaker peel than for the rest of the face. Did the skin all around your eyes, including the corner look like Monica?

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

It is smoother than one would expect of someone my age, but NOT Monica-ish. (I hope.)
    holly71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Coconut milk is made from the flesh and high in fat/calories. They are drinking the coconut water which is about 45 calories.

Coconut milk or coconut water: What's the difference? | MNN - Mother Nature Network

The unfortunate part of them drinking the water is the rest of the tribe thinks an animal has contaminated them so they don't eat the flesh. Gervase and Tyson are hurting themselves by doing this too. The flesh is what will sustain them longer and give them needed calories.
    Coconut water is a fantastic sports drink. As it happens, I love the taste (hate the sugary taste of Gatorade and processed sports drinks) and it's what I use to rehydrate. Drinking the water definitely helps hydration and is a source of potassium. Now, I did miss this part of the show somehow - so I wonder why they didn't eat the coconut flesh as well.
    Shoepie likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Just an FYI:

Coconut water - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Coconut water is the clear liquid inside young coconuts (fruits of the coconut palm). In early development, it serves as a suspension for the endosperm of the coconut during their nuclear phase of development. As growth continues, the endosperm mature into their cellular phase and deposit into the rind of the coconut meat.[1] Coconut water has long been a popular drink in the tropics, especially in India, Brazilian Coast, Southeast Asia, Pacific Islands, Africa, and the Caribbean, where it is available fresh, canned, or bottled. Coconuts for drinking are served fresh, chilled or packaged in many places. They are often sold by street vendors who cut them open with machetes or similar implements in front of customers. Coconut water can also be found in ordinary cans, tetra paks, or plastic bottles (sometimes with coconut pulp or coconut jelly included). Bottled coconut water has a shelf life of 24 months.

Coconut milk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Coconut milk is the liquid that comes from the grated meat of a coconut. The colour and rich taste of the milk can be attributed to the high oil content. Most of the fat is saturated fat. Coconut milk is a very popular food ingredient used in Southeast Asia, especially in Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Singapore, India and the Philippines.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

While I kind of wish Brad went, I'm glad Candice is gone. I have no sympathy towards her never getting to play considering she had her chance...twice. I still don't get why they brought her on a third time, and I hope she never gets a fourth shot.

I'm shocked the newbies actually won something Maybe Brad really was a cancer on that tribe. I still kind of doubt they would have kept momentum, and it looks like they're switching tribes next week anyway. It's really interesting how the guy's alliance has pretty much fallen apart...looks like either Caleb would have joined with the girls, or Vytas and Hayden would have joined with them to take out Caleb.

The good thing about the vet's losing is that we finally got to see the dynamics of the tribe, like I don't think it was really shown just how much on the outs Laura B was. I can see why Aras and Tina won before, they might be in the best positions of any player in the game right now. Aras in particular appears to be leading the tribe, but unlike Brad, he has managed to lead a successful tribe, and he's a much more subtle leader than Brad ever had any hope of being. It looks like "King" Aras might be in danger next week, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Aras or Tina made it to the end.

They didn't really touch on it on screen, but another reason I could see for voting out Laura M over Laura B or Kat is that we've seen that she has a very close relationship with her daughter, and she probably would have been the most tempted of the three to switch sides. Laura B has no family left, and while Kat does have Hayden, they seem to have tricked her into thinking she's in the majority alliance (just like the last time she played ). I'll also add that Laura M was a fairly crafty player her first season, while Kat really wasn't. Of the three players not in the alliance on that tribe, I'd probably agree that Laura M was the biggest threat.
    Punkin likes this.

I don't understand why they didn't send Monica to RI? Then there would be ZERO chance of her & Brad teaming up!

Also, count me in as another one who thought the massage Laura M was giving Aras was more than a bit too up close & personal. Hubby & I were watching that & we both agreed that neither of us would be too pleased to see our spouse doing that. The way she had her legs around him & pretty much was rubbing her boobs on his back was just way beyond a friendly massage. We felt uncomfortable just watching it! I wonder what her husband & her daughter think?

And I agree with everyone that Monica's face looks like wax. Hubby & I talked about that too. She's pretty, but in a very "done" way ("done" as in cosmetic surgery). She also has obvious veneers, in case anyone was wondering, lol. I'd love to see what she looked like before. I think I may do a search
    Punkin, AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

There are quite a few photos of her doing some 'modeling' as a football wife, if you do a Google search. She definitely must feel some pressure to look good. There are some pretty suggestive ones out there that as a woman of a similar age, I would definitely NOT be comfortable with!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I think Monica looks fine. Sure, surgery may be to credit, but she's good looking for her age.

I wonder if Laura M also had surgery done on her face. Maybe? She looks great too.

+ Reply to Thread