+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: 10/16 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 10/16 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Count me among those who thought that Laura M was enjoying that massage a little too much, especially for a woman who has been married 20 years (whose husband was probably watching the episode last night). Awkward!

I think John gave Monica the clue knowing that she would toss it in the fire again. Then he knew that NO ONE had the clue and hopes maybe he'd have a shot at finding the idol for himself when he gets back into the game.
    holly71, Punkin, mesachick and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Once again I like someone so many others don't. I liked Kat the last time and I still like her even though they don't give her hardly any voice-overs this time. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I don't know Survivor very well.

You see I don't like the fact that those 2 guys are stealing the coconut juice for themselves just like I did not like it when Rupert stole the shoes. I just plain don't like stealing and don't get why so many think it is cool. Is stealing on Survivor like lying on BB, a necessary evil?
    I like Kat as well -I did last time, but then I also like Monica. .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I confess, I like Kat. She's a weirdo, and a hot head, and can be funny when they actually give her a chance to speak. I didn't blame her for insisting she do the challenge. Laura B's terribly awkward attempt to stir up crap between Kat and Laura M was pretty sad. Everyone saw through it. I was embarrassed for her, but at the same time I give her props for trying something resembling game play. Even if it was bad.

I just can't with Monica. Everything about her grates, including her plastic-looking face at TC. If Brad gets beat at RI she's looking pretty good, but there is no way Tina or Tyson or the rest will let her hook up with him again if they can prevent it. When she was talking to Tina and said "let's get to the merge as a strong group and then see whose loved ones are still here and how things fall after that can be translated as I will hook back up with my husband and we'll be a strong twosome. Now, granted, this could be said for any of them except Tyson and Gervase, but Tina is right to keep an eye on Monica and not to trust her.
    Jaceegirl and MsFaninNJ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I confess, I like Kat. She's a weirdo, and a hot head, and can be funny when they actually give her a chance to speak. I didn't blame her for insisting she do the challenge. Laura B's terribly awkward attempt to stir up crap between Kat and Laura M was pretty sad. Everyone saw through it. I was embarrassed for her, but at the same time I give her props for trying something resembling game play. Even if it was bad.

I just can't with Monica. Everything about her grates, including her plastic-looking face at TC. If Brad gets beat at RI she's looking pretty good, but there is no way Tina or Tyson or the rest will let her hook up with him again if they can prevent it. When she was talking to Tina and said "let's get to the merge as a strong group and then see whose loved ones are still here and how things fall after that can be translated as I will hook back up with my husband and we'll be a strong twosome. Now, granted, this could be said for any of them except Tyson and Gervase, but Tina is right to keep an eye on Monica and not to trust her.
    I agree about Monica's face, its looks awful. I find her attractive, I am sure she didn't need all that done. I really like Tina, I always have. She seems two steps ahead of everyone else. Will they have a challange at RI before they merge, or swap teams around??
    PWS and Moontat like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

The episode started out great for me. I have never liked Candice so I was thrilled to see her go. Then, when Kat insisted on playing in the challenge, I thought I would be doubly blessed with the departure of another tribe member I dislike. Didn't get my wish, but Laura was an acceptable replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    When she was talking to Tina and said "let's get to the merge as a strong group and then see whose loved ones are still here and how things fall after that can be translated as I will hook back up with my husband and we'll be a strong twosome. Now, granted, this could be said for any of them except Tyson and Gervase, but Tina is right to keep an eye on Monica and not to trust her.
    Or it could have been construed as reassurance that she wouldn't vote Tina out just because she still had a loved one on the other tribe.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

I agree, Uncle David.

Monica's face. What I find the most strange is her skin tone. The color is iniform and exactly the same in the corner of her eyes as it is on her cheeks. That is very unusual and there is no proceedure that can create that. She appears to be wearing a heavy foundation but we know that she isn't.
    holly71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I agree, Uncle David.

Monica's face. What I find the most strange is her skin tone. The color is iniform and exactly the same in the corner of her eyes as it is on her cheeks. That is very unusual and there is no proceedure that can create that. She appears to be wearing a heavy foundation but we know that she isn't.
    I know!! that's what I looked at, unless she just has lovely skin .I know someone that has a luminosity to their skin, but they are not on that island, with bugs! I noticed that the last time she was on Shoepie. ..
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I thought I wanted John and Candice to win, but I was actually glad that Brad beat Candice. I just really didn't like her nastiness. Yes Brad has been overbearing and a jerk, but he apologized. Doesn't even matter if it was sincere. She was nasty and she could have played it nicer.
    I couldn't agree more. What was with that attitude? I was pleased when she was called out on it and was forced to admit that she was basing her opinion on what others had said rather than first hand knowledge. I had been sort of pulling for her on RI but last night changed my mind in a hurry. I was forced to cheer for Brad.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Count me among those who thought that Laura M was enjoying that massage a little too much, especially for a woman who has been married 20 years (whose husband was probably watching the episode last night). Awkward!

I think John gave Monica the clue knowing that she would toss it in the fire again. Then he knew that NO ONE had the clue and hopes maybe he'd have a shot at finding the idol for himself when he gets back into the game.
    While I understand how married folks play by different rules sometimes (its nothing to go out with single folks, etc... when you have a level of trust) it was just a touch too weird seeing her rub up on his back as she was giving the massage. I don't go around giving my unmarried friends massages but I don't think there is anything necessarily wrong with it--but she really was leaning into him during the entire thing, I suppose it just looked suspect.

Seeing John dominate yet another RI reminded me again of how stupid his former tribe was in voting him off so early...strong and smart...and they wonder why they consistently lose tribal challenges. In fact, I can't help but wonder if production may have swapped some stuff around to have this immunity challenge this week (compared to the rest of the TEAM challenges that involved team work, strength, puzzles, endurance, swimming, etc... this one involved sitting on their butts, succumbing to gravity on a waterslide and individually throwing a ring about 8 feet) so they could try and even the odds for a newbie win.

The twist next week will be a tribe mix-up or merge...they are simply too close to losing most of the loved ones (and the drama they want from those situations) to allow the crappy tribe to lose more folks.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

It's possible that if Monica has had a chemical peel, her face would be a more uniform color . . . and I bet she has.
    holly71 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread