+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree251Likes

Thread: 10/9 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/9 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

I wish the vets would lose an immunity challenge so we could see a bit of the tribal dynamics there. I know that Tyson and Gervase seem to be together, but I don't yet see who's on bottom, who's on top, and who might be allied. Getting kind of tired of seeing the newbies lose every week.
    ilja likes this.

Especially because we might end up with only vets left. It would be a boring end to a season.

So Monica switches with Brad, the vets lose immunity, guess what! Brad is gone
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    So Monica switches with Brad, the vets lose immunity, guess what! Brad is gone
    Then we lose Monica and Brad..well if she doesn't win on RI. I like her, him, not so much .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Re the tie situation... what if two people changed their votes and it's still a tie? Then it is a rock pull? With that incentive to change I can see that happening....
    It does seem like 2 people switching could have easily happened, and Im actually surprised it didnt happen. If 2 people switched and were for 2 different people, that would have resulted in another tie by accident when the 2 people were probably trying to break the tie.

I dont like the rock pull, and I dont really like the re-vote either because of a chance of another tie by accident.

Just seems like they could come up with a better way to handle tie-breakers. Like have the 2 people do a one-on-one night challenge to get to stay with their tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I wish the vets would lose an immunity challenge so we could see a bit of the tribal dynamics there. I know that Tyson and Gervase seem to be together, but I don't yet see who's on bottom, who's on top, and who might be allied. Getting kind of tired of seeing the newbies lose every week.
    Yeah, it does tend to get boring when one tribe dominates. A few weeks ago, we did see that Tyson and Gervase are part of a five person alliance that also includes Aras, Tina, and Monica. Tyson mentioned that part of why he and Gervase have bonded more recently is that both of their loved ones are out of the game, and he pointed out that Aras still has his brother. In addition, Tina still has her daughter and Brad is barely still in the game. With no loved ones to potentially betray their alliance for at the merge, it makes sense for Tyson and Gervase to trust each other more than the rest of their alliance.

Aside from that alliance and Colton's whining, we've really seen nothing of the rest of the tribe. Has Laura even said a word since Rupert left?
    Punkin and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Especially because we might end up with only vets left. It would be a boring end to a season.
    It feels like every time they've put newbies and vets in the mix together the vets have generally fared better. A few new people manage to last, but it feels like the jury is always full of vets with one or two exceptions. That alone is a reason I'm hoping for an all-new-folk season again soon.
    Punkin, Duckyface and ilja like this.

There is a Survivor term for a tribe that gets decimated right off the bat - Pagong - the first tribe to lose the majority of their members before merge. It seems like anytime they put newbies in one tribe, that tribe gets pagonged.
    Punkin and jucamer like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

What's weird about this season is, you'd think this tribe of 'newbies' would be a little more savvy than the regular 'fans' that go against the vets since they have a closer personal relationship with someone who has played before, and in the case of two of them, won their season. They must have talked about their experience, how to act, what to do, etc. Yet the vets let Brad the doofus run their tribe into the ground right from the get go. I feel badly for the girls. Once the guys got into their bro-alliance, they were screwed. Voting off the two strongest girls right off the bat just made it worse.

These newbies probably do know more than average, but they probably also assumed they would stick with their honeys so didn't need a complete picture.
    ilja and Midol like this.

+ Reply to Thread