+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 201
Like Tree251Likes

Thread: 10/9 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #151
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sebastopol, CA
    Posts
    29

    Re: 10/9 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    What a great TC! I didn't see that one coming at all. Normally they talk about doing stuff like that, but they never follow through. I wonder if Vytas will have any fallout from that - I doubt it though. The all guy alliance started to fall apart the moment Brad turned on them to vote out John. It definitely was a classy exit gotta say. I wonder if Brad ever bothered looking for the HII. He knew both clues.
    I'm surprised that no one appears to be looking for the HII. In the past few seasons people were finding them right and left with no clues at all.
    Punkin, AZChristian and Sticker like this.

  2. #152
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,283

    Re: 10/9 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by luvbaroque View Post
    I'm surprised that no one appears to be looking for the HII. In the past few seasons people were finding them right and left with no clues at all.
    Was Monica right to burn her clue to the HII, like Jeff said we have never seen that before .Would she have burnt it had Brad not told her to do it?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  3. #153
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,866

    Re: 10/9 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    I kind of thought that the others in her alliance (Tyson, Gervase, Aras, and Tina) might have been a little ticked at her for burning it. If she had shared it, they would have an idol at their disposal to use to keep one of them safe. But then again, didn't Tyson say in an interview shown right afterwards, that it was smart for her to burn it? Seems to me if that is the way things are going, why bother with the HII in the first place? They might as well just take it out of the game.
    Midol likes this.

  4. #154
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,283

    Re: 10/9 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I kind of thought that the others in her alliance (Tyson, Gervase, Aras, and Tina) might have been a little ticked at her for burning it. If she had shared it, they would have an idol at their disposal to use to keep one of them safe. But then again, didn't Tyson say in an interview shown right afterwards, that it was smart for her to burn it? Seems to me if that is the way things are going, why bother with the HII in the first place? They might as well just take it out of the game.
    That was Aras, he said with the clue or HII you have a target on your back.

    We liked when Hayden said we don't want to get Johned
    sweetpea likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  5. #155
    FORT Lurker Hyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    203

    Re: 10/9 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Was Monica right to burn her clue to the HII, like Jeff said we have never seen that before .Would she have burnt it had Brad not told her to do it?
    The way it was edited, I am thinking that there was more to the decision. It sounded to me like it chopped into Brad saying to burn it, as if other things had been said prior. I bet there was a whole lead up to the decision that didn't make the editing cut.

  6. #156
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,283

    Re: 10/9 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    The way it was edited, I am thinking that there was more to the decision. It sounded to me like it chopped into Brad saying to burn it, as if other things had been said prior. I bet there was a whole lead up to the decision that didn't make the editing cut.
    I think you are right Hyper. I don't think it was a decision she made quickly( or as quickly as they showed )
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  7. #157
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    1,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I would change my vote, I wouldn't let a rock send me home .
    Yeah, it makes sense that the tie rule would want to try and force the voters to break the tie rather than leave it on the tied people. I know people don't seem to be fans of it, but I think that from a game design perspective it's better to have something that disincentivizes playing into the tie again.

    Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Love you, Caleb! Way to mastermind a blindside!
    I don't think this really qualifies as a blindside. It wasn't a planned ouster, sure, but it was a pretty open power move and Brad saw it coming (and didn't seem to have any defense for it). It was a great seat-of-the-pants move and it very probably gave Caleb a much better shot in the game, but there was nothing blind about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    John is safe.

    Candice is safe.

    Marissa's out. Too bad.
    I started calling it Honeymoon Island for this episode. You have to wonder what happened after the cameramen went back to the main game!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-10-2013 at 05:02 PM.

  8. #158
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,283

    Re: 10/9 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    I started calling it Honeymoon Island for this episode. You have to wonder what happened after the cameramen went back to the main game!
    I am sure they had sexy time. I know I would ( if hubby was with me)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  9. #159
    FORT Fogey Sticker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,545

    Re: 10/9 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by luvbaroque View Post
    I'm surprised that no one appears to be looking for the HII. In the past few seasons people were finding them right and left with no clues at all.
    I agree. I would be looking for that Immunity Idol any spare moment of the game (clues or no-clues).

    It is one of the few things that can give you huge leverage in the game. And I also think burning the clue was just stupid. I would not worry at all about it increasing a target on your back because to me, the VALUE of the clue and value of the idol is well worth the risk trying to find it. If you find the idol, you can be immune or you can use it as a defensive or offensive weapon.

    Im not sure if its the editing, but it looked like Brad and his team was just lazy and never searched much for the thing. I would be on a non-stop mission to find that darn thing (clue or no-clue).

  10. #160
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 10/9 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    I think they are hiding the IIs in more obscure places. The 2nd clue John had said, it was buried at the base of some tree that had a serpent. If you are observant, when walking around without a clue, you could guess that an II could be close to anything that looked distinct.

    I bet they are looking but the footage doesn't make the edit. They only have 44 minutes and a lot of more interesting conversations are taking place.

    Burning the clue was a good move. It isn't often that everyone knows you have a clue and if f they do it is because you told them (stupid). Had she kept it she would have gone on the block to flush it out and get eliminated in the process. Because you have the clue doesn't mean you found it.
    Sticker likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.