+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree251Likes

Thread: 10/9 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 10/9 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Yes. I see Candice as someone that screwed her tribe twice before. First with the mutiny, and then with the flip in Heroes vs Villains. How the hell she was a Hero to begin with I am still pissed off about.

That must have been why they voted her out here at the start.
    spockwhat likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by you'refired
    Finally was Candice the one who did mutiny with Jonathan against Yul and Ozzy? If so, I hated her then. Not too crazy about her now either.
    She didn't screw her tribe over as much as she screwed Penner. She had convinced Penner they had a tight alliance. When given the option to flip, she took it (mainly because she had the hots for a chunk of beef on the other tribe). Penner felt he had no choice at that point but to go with her. He immediately became the pariah on that tribe and she laughed and mocked him about trusting her. She assumed people would automatically like her... because she was good looking on a good looking tribe. Penner was so annoyed with the superiority of Candice and friends and felt so guilty about flipping... he flipped back when they merged. He wanted nicer people to win... And THAT was probably one of the best moments in Survivor history.

So, it went like this:
    Candice: Why in the world did you flip too?
    Penner: Because we had a 1, 2 alliance.
    Candice: HAHAHA. Just because I told you that doesn't make it true, boy, are you stupid. You aren't worthy, because I would never mack on you.
    Penner: I think I'll go back to those people and help them win instead.
    Candice: How could you do such a thing? You are evil!

Anyone still like Candice?

Candice's hatred is indicative of the way Candice plays. Her way of being a 'hero' is to hate who she assumes others will hate and to be vocal about it. She did it with Penner and it actually worked with some people... now she is doing it with Brad. And Brad must be a real jerk if he makes her look good.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 10-10-2013 at 07:17 AM.
    Punkin likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Don't respect Candice from the point that she hooked up with the dimmest non-beefcake on her original season. She still doesn't have the social skills needed to make it far in this game. Her tribe stated they voted her off first because they didn't know her. Why didn't they know her? Social skills and personality.
    Sticker likes this.

I didn't like Candice much during her original season, but I kind of love how sweet she is with John, and I will always love her for flipping Culpepper the bird!

She doesn't have a hope in this game if she gets back in, but maybe she can continue to rock the boat for everyone else if she stays on RI long enough. John is obviously, as she said, too trusting. But she says that's what she loves about him, so that's nice. She can be the cynical hard one for both of them.

Brad has nobody to blame but himself for his ouster. He comes back to camp and crows about how easy it was to fool a member of his own alliance into trusting him from day one, and then blind siding him? And you say this in front of the other members of your alliance? He just didn't have a clue when to shut his mouth.

I hope John and Candice wipe the floor with him next week!
    Punkin, Duckyface, jucamer and 2 others like this.

What a great TC! I didn't see that one coming at all. Normally they talk about doing stuff like that, but they never follow through. I wonder if Vytas will have any fallout from that - I doubt it though. The all guy alliance started to fall apart the moment Brad turned on them to vote out John. It definitely was a classy exit gotta say. I wonder if Brad ever bothered looking for the HII. He knew both clues.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    What a great TC! I didn't see that one coming at all. Normally they talk about doing stuff like that, but they never follow through. I wonder if Vytas will have any fallout from that - I doubt it though. The all guy alliance started to fall apart the moment Brad turned on them to vote out John. It definitely was a classy exit gotta say. I wonder if Brad ever bothered looking for the HII. He knew both clues.
    I still don't like him, he overplayed his hand, that's why he is out. Now Monica wants to change places with him on RI, I hope that preview is like the one we saw with Tyson, and he stayed put.

The Culpperers both did very well during the underwater challenge, on the same team they would be good
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Brad was playing the game all the way out of TC and then meeting up with John and Candice at RI. I wouldn't trust him any farther than I could throw him. He kept harping about "it's nothing personal" when they vote someone out, but then was growling about Candice's comment to Monica about "Do what he tells you to do" (a reference to Candice's earlier comment that Brad was sexist). He took that pretty personally.

I don't want Monica to give up her place to Brad, but if he tells her to do it, she will.

There have never been problems at Survivor locales with coconut borers before. You'd think after 26 seasons the vets would be a little more suspicious about it.

John is a surgeon, and if he's a good one then he has a gift for 3D assembly, which should make the type of puzzle at RI fairly easy for him. Candice is studying anesthesia, but maybe she has surgical aptitude as well.

I was surprised John didn't mention at RI that he shared the HI clue with Brad.

I have always liked Candice, and I really like her this season.

I'm sure production counted on the Loved Ones winning some challenges. It will be silly if the merge is down to just vets.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    She didn't screw her tribe over as much as she screwed Penner. She had convinced Penner they had a tight alliance. When given the option to flip, she took it (mainly because she had the hots for a chunk of beef on the other tribe). Penner felt he had no choice at that point but to go with her. He immediately became the pariah on that tribe and she laughed and mocked him about trusting her. She assumed people would automatically like her... because she was good looking on a good looking tribe. Penner was so annoyed with the superiority of Candice and friends and felt so guilty about flipping... he flipped back when they merged. He wanted nicer people to win... And THAT was probably one of the best moments in Survivor history.

So, it went like this:
    Candice: Why in the world did you flip too?
    Penner: Because we had a 1, 2 alliance.
    Candice: HAHAHA. Just because I told you that doesn't make it true, boy, are you stupid. You aren't worthy, because I would never mack on you.
    Penner: I think I'll go back to those people and help them win instead.
    Candice: How could you do such a thing? You are evil!

Anyone still like Candice?

Candice's hatred is indicative of the way Candice plays. Her way of being a 'hero' is to hate who she assumes others will hate and to be vocal about it. She did it with Penner and it actually worked with some people... now she is doing it with Brad. And Brad must be a real jerk if he makes her look good.
    You see my avatar. That should answer your question.
    Punkin and spockwhat like this.

Brad's kiss-butt exit was so insincere to me. I could tell it put the others off a little too. Caleb just gave him a "whatever, dude" look that was hilarious!

I don't understand why they had Ciera do the puzzle again, after she lost the last time to her mother? That's just stupid. Plus, if they hadn't upended their boat and lost their crates, they would have had a pretty good lead on the Vet's tribe going into the puzzle, which might have made the difference.
    holly71 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread