+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: 9/25 Survivor 27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/25 Survivor 27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I agree about new people trying to make the big moves too soon. Sometimes you need to just lay somewhat low, be a good provider and give it your all in the challenges, don't antagonize anyone deliberately, and try to make some quiet alliances right away with (hopefully) sane people. You can make the big moves later on, but going in too hard too fast is a surefire way to get yourself targeted. I'm thinking of Culpepper here. He's too loud, too in your face, too obvious.
    I agree , Culpepper is really loud. When he said he wants to slam Gervase, I actually LOL. He is trying way too hard. I thought he would be good at this game, from what I am seeing- if they merge and he is still around, he has to go
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Sticker View Post
    Im still a little confused on the rules about how contestants can get back in the game from RI, and the whole "swapping" thing. Maybe by the 3rd episode I can figure it out. LOL
    Basically, when anyone gets voted off, their loved one can volunteer to go to RI instead. Eventually on one of the RI challenges, Jeff will say "The winner of today's challenge gets back in the game." I think that happens twice per season.

Wow, Rupert was the opposite of Rob in terms of fourth time performances. At least he seemed to go out in good spirits, and I do think he had a cool, if brief story. I actually hope his wife does well. I was kind of hoping that only one person would get to stay...when will Jeff finally understand that a duel can only have two participants?! I will admit the twist of the first place winner giving a player in the game a clue to the idol was pretty cool, and I'm wondering if they'll let two people instead of one back into the game this time.

Well, Colton's not quite as bad as he was last time yet, I mean had hasn't said anything racist, but that's really not saying much. Aras was right on comparing him to Russell Hantz, he was just a bully last episode, not a racist bully, but still a bully. The difference though is that Russell was able to bully his tribe subtly enough to avoid being a pre-merge target, while Colton just made himself even more of a target than he already was...great going! Looking at the preview for next week, I think Colton's just a big baby. Love that Gervase came through this week, he needed that performance. And I'm hoping that five person alliance goes far. Monica's the only member I'm not a fan of, but Tina, Aras, Gervase, and Tyson are my favorite members of that tribe...hope they stick together!

John would be the one to cause a rift in the guy's alliance Now he's right to have more loyalty to his wife than four guys he just met, but still, it's just perfect that after she betrayed her tribe her last two times playing, Candice's husband would be the one his allies would be suspicious of. Culpepper's annoying and obnoxious, but I'm liking the games Vytas, Caleb, and Hayden are playing so far. Targeting Rachel was a well thought out idea, but we'll have to see if it works. Tyson never struck me as a player who would sacrifice his chances at anytime (on purpose at least lol) but then again he hasn't played with Rachel before either. I'm not so sure about those two votes for John causing a rift on the tribe as Rachel mentioned at the end...if anything, I think Katie and Ciera might have made it more difficult for themselves to break the guy alliance up.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I don't get why Rob is more loved than Rupert.

Rob's usually an a**hole and a douche. And arrogant, to boot.

My God I hated him in All Stars and just watching that season makes me mad that they let him and Amber coast to the end like that. His backstabbing of Lex was the saddest moment of the entire season. Lex needs to come back.
    march, Florimel and Duckyface like this.

Rupert's problem is that he doesn't think two, three, even four or five moves ahead in this game. He just reacts. The words "switch places" had barely left Probst's mouth and Rupert had already left the mat in order to offer himself up as a sacrifice for his wife. Is this sweet? Sure. Is it good gameplay? Nope. Rob learned from every appearance he made, and it made his game better every time. He obviously ran his tribe the last go around, all the way to the end. Rupert seemed to be there more for the experience, not the win, IMO.
    mesachick, jucamer, Midol and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Obviously the fact that she was a girl was part of the reason she was voted off, however, the fact that she was Gervase's niece and due to the ruckus that he stirred up by being in their faces over that win, is the reason that she, specifically, was voted off. They would have voted out Tina's daughter first instead otherwise. So I do believe Marissa was right to point out that actions by one person may effect how their loved one will be treated by their tribe.
    I think they may have used Gervase as an excuse to boot her. From the little I saw she had an attitude that must have irritated the tribe. So those two things together sealed her fate.

John stands out as someone I like but I am not impressed with the other family members. Katie seems very meek. It is early yet so this may change.
    Florimel and stacerace76 like this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post

My God I hated him in All Stars and just watching that season makes me mad that they let him and Amber coast to the end like that. His backstabbing of Lex was the saddest moment of the entire season. Lex needs to come back.
    Rob is the Dr. Will of Survivor. He is confident, smart and, yes, arrogant. Like Dr. Will, he will look directly into the camera and tell you what he is going to do then go out and do just that. He'll tell you straight out that he lies but he lies with such charm that you believe him anyway.

If you saw him run The Amazing Race with Amber you saw a loving, supportive husband. Those two were a team in every sense of the word, never bickering or whining but constantly encouraging each other. They were quick to praise each other's successes and to comfort one another through their stumbles.

Boston Rob is, and always will be, my favorite Survivor.
    NFL1, judibug, Hyper and 5 others like this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Doesn't Rob have his own thread or two somewhere in this forum?

It is time to bring this thread back to topic, i.e. the 9-27 show. Thanks.
    scoot13 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post

Unfortunately, you must backstab...at least a little...to win this game.

Rupert, clearly, loves his wife. He is also a mentor for troubled youth and won fan favourite because he was seen as a nice guy who worked hard and provided for his tribe...all the while looking like a bit of a wicked pirate! I think that image has become ingrained in how he sees himself and how he wants others to see him...a nice guy who sets an example for the kids he is counselling. According to him, his strategy coming back was to work his way into an alliance by again, providing for his tribe. That is all fine and well but it didn't work...the first...or second...or third time. He clearly learned nothing and came back with the same strategy the fourth time!

This game has changed a lot over the years. At the start, survival really was a big part of the game. Rupert was a better fit then. These days, the survivors have a lot more advantages. They get flint fairly quickly, they also seem to get more fishing gear, machetes to help with building shelters, not to mention all the food rewards and things like tarps. There are also a lot more twists...RI, HI, frequent tribe switches are the ones that come to mind. Players who played during the early seasons...Gervase and Tina were the earliest, Rupert and even Aras...all have to adapt to the changes in the game since their time. BR clearly did it well. Rupert, not so much. Tina did not do well in her previous tries after her initial win but, who know this time?

It is so early in the season...and this season has so many twists...that it is hard to speculate what will happen since even more than usual, a lot will truly depend on luck! While I do like several of the newbies...Vytas and Hayden in particular...all these newbies have a bit of any advantage over your regular newbies. They all have heard about how things really work on the show from their family members and should be more prepared than many people cast for the show of late who just seem to be cast because they look good and have never even really watched the show. Heyden in particular is a big fan of the show and originally applied to be on Survivor before being cast and subsequently winning BB. I think that is a big advantage, but, ultimately it could cost him the game because even though he is not a winner of Survivor, he is a previous winner and most will probably not want him to win again.

Despite some advantages these newbies have, I still think the game favours returnees. They have been there and truly know the physical and mental toll the hunger and weather can take. Aras and Tyson are the ones that interest me the most this season because they really are very similar in many ways. Both physically strong and able to win individual immunity challenges. Both seem to be hard working and be good at the social aspects of the game even if Tyson chooses to act as the clown to accomplish that. Aras has been away from the game longer and he is a previous winner. He also seems more serious and I think that may subsequently make it appear as if he is the more strategic one. (Clearly he won before while Tyson managed to mess things up...even when they were served up to him on a figurative platter by BR.) I suspect he may be seen as the bigger threat and voted out earlier than Tyson. I think people may underestimate Tyson because of his goof ball ways, his previous stupidity and frankly, because he physically looks the weaker of the two. So far, the two seem to be chummy and are in an alliance together with Gervase, Tina and Monica. Typically, these are the guys who are voted out around the time of the merge when their physical prowess becomes a disadvantage once they are no longer fighting as part of a team and are instead working for idividual immunity. Will they still stay buds? Will they stick with their alliance? Will they backstab each other? Will someone smarter backstab them both? (Specifically I am thinking of Tina and Monica teaming up in a suballiance of another similarly matched duo.) I am really looking forward to finding out!!!
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

New commercial says Do Not Miss the First Ten Minutes. They show Tyson standing up in the stands at RI and screaming at everyone. This looks good.
    shyra, sweetpea and jucamer like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread