+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: 9/25 Survivor 27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/25 Survivor 27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I don't get Gervase playing the game as if this is the school yard. It's a game and to antagonize the other team who may end up your teammates and possible jury members is stupid. Marissa has every reason to be angry at being voted off and I applauded the fact that she told everyone why she thought she was voted off. The more info out the better. But she too is must have inherited the stupid gene.

Colton...I think the only person he shows his soft, vulnerable side to is Caleb which is probably why Caleb loves him unfortunately Colton treats the rest of the world like @#$%. I like Caleb and want to find him a better partner. If your team is winning why mess with it? I am glad that his tribe was strong enough to throw off the Colton Effect.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I like Gervase, I love how he gets under their skin. Plus he was darn good at this challenge His niece OTOH can take of herself , she didn't get voted out just because of him, if that was the case, why was another girl voted out.
    Florimel, Shoepie and stacerace76 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Boston Rob is hands down my favourite Survivor. I was thrilled to see him play four times, and more than thrilled to see him win, finally.

Having said that, though, I know for a fact that not everyone was thrilled he came back four times. It was a lonely existence, sometimes, being a BR fan!
    I'm with you, Sweetpea. I could watch Boston Rob four more times and be a happy camper.
    Minney, jucamer and stacerace76 like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

If Coach comes back for a fourth time and wins, then we're even.
    jucamer, Midol and sparklete like this.

FORT Newbie

I finally got caught up on what everyone is saying, whew. I am so happy that Survivor is back and I am pleased with the new twists this season.

My thoughts so far: I don't know why, but Colton isn't bothering me... yet. I find his nastiness more interesting than disgusting and, face it, he really rocks that pink shirt. I think he was looking forward to sharing this experience with his partner and when they were separated his world collapsed. I like John and I hope he sticks around for a bit. I'd like to see Tyson do better this time but he has a way of sabotaging his own game so I'm not holding my breath. Gervase is okay but I agree with the person who said his niece is a snotty little twit. Brad's a jock... need I say more?
    Shoepie and stacerace76 like this.

I'm with you on this...always loved Boston Rob too

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I like Gervase, I love how he gets under their skin. Plus he was darn good at this challenge His niece OTOH can take of herself , she didn't get voted out just because of him, if that was the case, why was another girl voted out.
    Obviously the fact that she was a girl was part of the reason she was voted off, however, the fact that she was Gervase's niece and due to the ruckus that he stirred up by being in their faces over that win, is the reason that she, specifically, was voted off. They would have voted out Tina's daughter first instead otherwise. So I do believe Marissa was right to point out that actions by one person may effect how their loved one will be treated by their tribe.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Obviously the fact that she was a girl was part of the reason she was voted off, however, the fact that she was Gervase's niece and due to the ruckus that he stirred up by being in their faces over that win, is the reason that she, specifically, was voted off. They would have voted out Tina's daughter first instead otherwise. So I do believe Marissa was right to point out that actions by one person may effect how their loved one will be treated by their tribe.
    Could be. I think she is a bit, no, a lot mouth. I didn't like her very much, but that started from day one - maybe her tribe felt like I do.I like Tina's daughter, the calm way she speaks, she doesn't lose her head. It's like she is flying under the radar.

Now I have jinxed her and she will go home next week
    stacerace76 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    If Coach comes back for a fourth time and wins, then we're even.
    You know, I don't really mind Coach. I thought he toned things down somewhat the last time he played and he was more aware of how he came across. He is no BR, but certainly more enjoyable than many players...see Colton.

One of my issues with many players...particularly newer players...is they try to be good TV at the expense of their game. They are so busy trying to get camera time and trying to make a BIG move, just for the sake of making a big move, that they forget they are playing a game for a million dollars and how important timing is. Sometimes it is just better to sit back and let others take each other out...perhaps after you have just droped a little hint in their ear.

Then you have Rupert. Nice enough guy, capable of feeding the tribe and building shelter, good in any type of strength challenges, but not the brightest guy and seems to have learned nothing despite being on the show so many times. I read his exit interviews and he still thinks that people voted off his wife totally because of him. Seems to dismiss the notion that they may have done it simply because she was the oldest woman on that tribe. Not to mention he says he won Survivor, despite the fact that he only won fan favourite and the interviewer specifically said he never won.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

I agree about new people trying to make the big moves too soon. Sometimes you need to just lay somewhat low, be a good provider and give it your all in the challenges, don't antagonize anyone deliberately, and try to make some quiet alliances right away with (hopefully) sane people. You can make the big moves later on, but going in too hard too fast is a surefire way to get yourself targeted. I'm thinking of Culpepper here. He's too loud, too in your face, too obvious.
    Midol likes this.

+ Reply to Thread