+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: 9/25 Survivor 27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 9/25 Survivor 27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

It took Boston Rob four tries to win, yet I don't think anybody was unhappy with that.
    Punkin, becca, mesachick and 1 others like this.

Boston Rob is hands down my favourite Survivor. I was thrilled to see him play four times, and more than thrilled to see him win, finally.

Having said that, though, I know for a fact that not everyone was thrilled he came back four times. It was a lonely existence, sometimes, being a BR fan!
    Punkin, pikachu, Shoepie and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Boston Rob is hands down my favourite Survivor. I was thrilled to see him play four times, and more than thrilled to see him win, finally.

Having said that, though, I know for a fact that not everyone was thrilled he came back four times. It was a lonely existence, sometimes, being a BR fan!
    I also loved BR and was very happy that he finally won. Having said that, BR has a big personality and anyone who has followed him during his Survivor experience can see that he has grown during that time and his game and social skilled have developed. Many other players who have played multiple times...like Rupert, Candice, Tina, Amanda, Coach, Russell...really didn't. Their game play has not improved and they played the same game over and over. Admittedly, that was sometimes a result of playing seasons in quick succession, but not always.

Although half of the cast this season are retunees, only Rupert, Tina, Candice and Tyson have played more than twice...for the rest, this is only their second time and it has been some time since we saw the likes of Gervese and Aras. I am curious to see if Gervese has learned anything over the years of watching but, it doesn't look like it thus far. Aras is the one I am curious about since I remember liking him the first time around but, for the life of me can't remember much of that season. Unfortunately, I don't expect him to make it much past the merge since he is a previous winner, athletic, smart and social and will pose a big threat once they start the individual portion of the game.

The other one of the returnees that I have always liked...although I have wanted to slap him more than once, particularly when he screwed up BR's game...is Tyson. For some reason I always have hope for him and am hoping he has learned something after playing with the likes of BR, Russell and Coach. Those guys had big personalities that I think sometimes overwhelmed his game and this time around I think he is the guy with that big personality.

As for the newbies, I have been pleasantly surprised thus far. I figured Hayden would do well since he has already won BB which is basically Survivor in a house. Vytas is my favourite of that group but, just like his brother, I think he will prove too much of a threat and will be voted out....probably after Aras simply because he is not a previous winner. I think if he continues playing well, I could see them bringing him back in another season. Caleb also seems to have a good grasp of the game from what we have seen and I just hope Colton's constant dramatic histrionics don't mess up his game. Cierra is also an intersting player and I will be curious to see how she does.

All in all, it is shaping to be a very interesting season and I am really looking forward to seeing how it plays out...I just hope Colton goes quickly and we don't have a repeat of his previous season or this past season of BB!
    Punkin, jucamer and Sticker like this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Im still a little confused on the rules about how contestants can get back in the game from RI, and the whole "swapping" thing. Maybe by the 3rd episode I can figure it out. LOL
    Last edited by Sticker; 09-27-2013 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticker View Post
    Im still a little confused on the rules about how contestants can get back in the game from RI
    Previously Jeff has let them cool their jets at RI for a number of episodes and then announced there would be a re-entry. So it's likely to take winning more than one challenge to re-emerge, but the rules may be different this year, we haven't heard yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    The other one of the returnees that I have always liked...although I have wanted to slap him more than once, particularly when he screwed up BR's game...is Tyson. For some reason I always have hope for him and am hoping he has learned something after playing with the likes of BR, Russell and Coach. Those guys had big personalities that I think sometimes overwhelmed his game and this time around I think he is the guy with that big personality.
    I like the way you put this, Midol. It would be great to see Tyson make more of an impact this season. He definitely seems to have solidified his place in the Vets tribe (that adorable lounging with Aras by the fire!). I hope he gets fired up seeing Rachel voted out. If she is able to tell him it was done primarily to weaken him, then look out.
    Punkin likes this.

I am liking Tyson too. He does seem to be wiser this go round. Him and Aras - lol. What was that little bit of cuddling going on? I had to do a double take as well with that one. Two weeks in and a broshowmance already? Love it!
    Punkin and Shoepie like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I also like Tyson, but I am wondering If he doesn't change places with Rachael. I would hate to see him spend all his time on RI. He might lose his alliance he has with the others .I am so bummed I don't have Aras in my pool( kind of like I missed Aaron on SYTYCD)

I have tried to remember Aras playing, and winning, and for such a nice guy I don't .

Caleb also seems to have a good grasp of the game from what we have seen and I just hope Colton's constant dramatic histrionics don't mess up his game
    Good point Midol I have been saying I hope Colton leaves, with no thought to Caleb. I am happy they are on separate tribes!
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 09-27-2013 at 11:29 AM.
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Many people didn't like Aras on his first season. He was closely aligned with Cirie, one of my other favourite players, and was constantly going up against Terry, who I hated, so it was pretty easy for me to like him. I think he was perceived as a whiner the first time he played, but I can't remember specifics. I do remember him challenging Terry verbally when Terry freaked out on Cirie after TC one night, because she didn't place her torch in the proper spot up against a tree. Terry was a nutbar, super competitive. I loved Aras going up against him.

He seems older and wiser this time around, and definitely the tribes (if they remember his season) will be wary of letting him get too far into the individual portion after the merge. He is capable of going on a II run, for sure. Having won before will also hurt him a lot, as the tribes will be leery of letting a previous winner get too close to the end. But if he can keep a strong alliance together, he might go far.

What I find really interesting about this season is what could happen after the merge. What if two loved ones have made strong alliances with other people, competing groups? Will they come back together, at the risk of making themselves a target? Will they try to work together in secret? Will they work to vote out the other half of a duo so that nobody has a loved one left to play with?

I am really liking the season so far. Just wish they hadn't included RI again.
    Shoepie likes this.

I enjoy RI. Especially this time around. As Jeff said, there are may layers to who they vote for this season , and why - I like that
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread