+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: 9/18 Survivor 27 Premiere Blood vs. Water **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/18 Survivor 27 Premiere Blood vs. Water **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace76 View Post
    Same here. I'll never be able to get better. I try but I guess I just don't have a body built for swimming. We can't all be Ozzy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    You don't have to have a body built for swimming. You should be able to float and do a side stroke or breast stroke. But it is also the fact the he had absolutely no cardio endurance, no stamina and you don't have to know how to swim well to have that capacity.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Gervase had to have known he would suck doing the water part of that challenge. Problem is, if he made it clear he should be in the puzzle group, he replaces one of those three ladies who rocked that part of the challenge. We don't know if he is any good at puzzles, do we? I don't remember much from the first season.

If he isn't, then he's toast. Can't swim, no endurance, and no skill with puzzles? That pretty much puts you out of the running when it comes to winning challenges.
    Sticker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Gervase had to have known he would suck doing the water part of that challenge. Problem is, if he made it clear he should be in the puzzle group, he replaces one of those three ladies who rocked that part of the challenge. We don't know if he is any good at puzzles, do we? I don't remember much from the first season.

If he isn't, then he's toast. Can't swim, no endurance, and no skill with puzzles? That pretty much puts you out of the running when it comes to winning challenges.
    Then why come back at all then? seems like a waste of a spot.kwim? I think he fears water, he just didn't know how much.
    Sticker likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Gervase just rubs me the wrong way. Not sure why - he's just one of those people that I get an immediate disliking for. I don't remember him much from his prior season. I thought his niece came in with quite an obnoxious attitude as well. I agree with some others that there must have been other things that happened at the camp that made those guys vote her out first like that. She seems like one that would rock at challenges. I did find it really ironic that Gervase was the one so in their face with the win considering that he was the only one on his tribe that sucked so bad at the challenge. Being graceful goes a long way in this game.
    Sticker likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post

I was wondering why he didnt try to get on the puzzle group and maybe that is it. Maybe he is bad at puzzles too and chose the swimming because he thought it would be less obvious in the water with the others. The problem was, he really stood out as really bad in the water. The editing was really funny (for us) when they showed the people who were doing really bad.

I was wondering why more of the others didnt stay behind the wheel thing and push the people over, rather than try to pull them over from the other side. It seemed it would be much easier to push people across that wheel.

I am sure the others also wanted to show they could do well, so its hard to stay back and volunteer to help people when you want to try to do good yourself. It was very fun to watch them all in the water.

Based on that 1st episode, I dont think Gervase or his partner are going to make it very far in this game.
    Niether one of them seemed very likable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    My understanding is that it will play out as they did it previously. All three will compete and the person who comes in last is eliminated and the other two live to compete another day with the next person voted off. At some point it will come to only the person who comes in first wins and then that person goes back into the game.
    This is just a guess. I think it may be something like this......

Im thinking all 3 compete and....
    1st place gets to go back in game.
    2nd place stays on RI
    3rd place gets voted out of game

Not sure if that will be how they do it because unless 2 more people get sent to the island each week, things would have to change with how they do it in the following weeks. I wouldnt mind if they send 2 to the island each week and have the above contest on RI each week with 3 people competing on the island each week.

Hmm one joining the game would be good. I thought they always had just 2 on RI
    Sticker likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Hmm one joining the game would be good. I thought they always had just 2 on RI
    I think they typically would only have 2 on the island. I only got to watch a couple of seasons and I missed last year season, so it was a surprise to me that there currently are 3 on the island right now.

Candice
    Rupert
    Marissa

I like the extra person being on RI. Not sure if they will continue to always have 3 on the island or not. They could take this twist quite a few different ways, so it will be interesting to find out how they handle it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    So if Rupert's wife ends up on RI and Rupert is still there would he throw the competition for her to win? I doubt it. His going to RI was all about show and that is all he is show.
    If they are both there with time to talk I'd guess they'd make a joint decision based on who has the best chance. Or maybe just decide to both compete. But I don't think he'd try to trash her. He seems to really love her. I don't see any evidence to the contrary and plenty to support that over the years he's been on the show.
    stacerace76 likes this.

I never thought Rupert would trash his wife in any way. I just never have been a Rupert fan.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread