+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: 9/18 Survivor 27 Premiere Blood vs. Water **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/18 Survivor 27 Premiere Blood vs. Water **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    To me it shouldn't matter at this stage of the game if Marissa was obnoxious, back-stabbing, annoying, or if her uncle ticked off everyone and this was their way of getting back at him. She seems like she would be stronger at challenges than some of the others, and at this point, THAT is what matters. You have to keep your team strong enough to win challenges so this isn't the time to vote out the strong players, despite how you may feel about them personally. Granted, Redemption Island does throw an interesting twist into the game, but you can't depend on anyone winning because strange things happen in this game.
    I agree, imho I think there was much more behind her being voted out, than we got to see.
    Sticker likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I feel exactly as you do about Gervase. What I can't understand is that he knew he had trouble swimming, he knew he was going to be on Survivor and he didn't do anything to build up his skills and endurance. I've heard other contestants talk about how they really worked to get themselves ready for participating. Especially if you want to win!!
    Just don't understand that way of thinking. I think I remember Denise saying she really worked hard after she found out she was picked. And it showed!
    I personally didn't learn to swim until I was 10 years old and I'm still a terrible swimmer to this day. I think the older you are when you learn the harder it is. He was 30 years old before he learned. I don't fault Gervase at all for being a poor swimmer. I admired his courage when he jumped off that cliff in the first season.

♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫
    ~* stacerace76 *~
    ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FORT Fogey

I agree stacer. They will keep him in the boat or on shore the next challenge. They have to sit one out next time and he is a good bet if water is involved.
    stacerace76 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace76 View Post
    I personally didn't learn to swim until I was 10 years old and I'm still a terrible swimmer to this day. I think the older you are when you learn the harder it is. He was 30 years old before he learned. I don't fault Gervase at all for being a poor swimmer. I admired his courage when he jumped off that cliff in the first season.

♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫
    ~* stacerace76 *~
    ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My pet peeve with folks who apply for adventure type shows like Survivor, MTV's Challenge, The Amazing Race, 72 Hours etc, Bear Grylls Get Out Alive is that they don't prepare and yet the first 3 shows clearly have folks running around a lot, doing puzzles and have water challenges. Survivor and MTV's Challenge are prime examples of having physical challenges that involve water and yet folks don't prepare. They don't do P90X, they don't do Insanity, they don't hit the gym and increase their cardio, their endurance, their swimming abilities, or practice doing puzzles, they don't practice starting a fire. All of this increases the chances of winning yet they don't do it. Gervase had 13 yrs to prepare he didn't so if he gets voted off it's his own fault.
    mesachick, Dragonlady and Sticker like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He wouldn't be the first person that didn't have the required skills for survivor. I mean don't they ask them questions, such as "can you swim??" before they go on the show. I like the guy.

I like him, too, but it annoys me that he didn't do more to learn to swim before coming back. He knows how important it is after his first season and still doesn't figure it out.
    Sticker likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I like him, too, but it annoys me that he didn't do more to learn to swim before coming back. He knows how important it is after his first season and still doesn't figure it out.
    I suppose .My hubby can't swim, he tries, he floats well. We snorkel, but he swims like a rock.
    Sticker and stacerace76 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It is possible, though highly improbable that Gervase imagined Blood vs. Water to be Survivor: Club Med . I'm glad to see him back, but I'm not betting on him in my pool.

So if Rupert's wife ends up on RI and Rupert is still there would he throw the competition for her to win? I doubt it. His going to RI was all about show and that is all he is show.
    Punkin and Hyper like this.
    There's no place like home!

I didn't just fault Gervase for not preparing for the show like he should, as in swimming. But he jeopardized his whole team by not doing that. It wouldn't matter to me if he was unable to do the challenges and therefore was voted out. It's just that this is a team competition in the beginning. I'm sure there will be others also who didn't prepare. It just seemed logical to me that one should do that if they know they're going to be on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I suppose .My hubby can't swim, he tries, he floats well. We snorkel, but he swims like a rock.
    Same here. I'll never be able to get better. I try but I guess I just don't have a body built for swimming. We can't all be Ozzy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread