+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: 9/18 Survivor 27 Premiere Blood vs. Water **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/18 Survivor 27 Premiere Blood vs. Water **West Coast Spoilers**

I still remember Rob throwing the clue to the HII into the volcano while on their reward. That was hilarious. I like seeing the social interactions while they are on reward OR back at camp stewing about not being chosen to take part.
    Shoepie, Moontat and Sticker like this.

The social interactions during the rewards are great, what I object to is the time taken up with the challenge itself. Especially when it's only a 1 hour episode.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I hope they don't replace the reward challenge with footage of Redemption Island. I hated that part about RI. I love it when they have rewards, because the strategy of who to take and who to leave behind is always interesting to me, and sometimes becomes a game changer. If they want to show the truels or duels at RI, then make the show 90 minutes at least!
    I could handle that. I'd love for them to make it a 90-minute show.
    Shoepie and Sticker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    I don't recall her being obnoxious.
    I found her obnoxious.

♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫
    ~* stacerace76 *~
    ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Day three still haven't mustered up the interest, but I'm not reading this forum so as to not spoil the outcome. Praying that scumbag Colton goes first.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Thoughts:

Normally, I don't pass any instant judgements on the participants, I let the show unfold a bit but I must admit that Jervis's niece, Marissa put my back up from the first boat ride and I sorta didn't like her. Further confessionals just made me dislike her more.

Was that a laser eye death stare that she gave to her tribe mates before she walked off to Redemption Island?

Jervis - it's been 13 yrs - you can't swim - didn't you ever notice how many water challenges are on Survivor - have you ever heard of PX90 or Insanity or swimming lessons? That being said he could have singlehandedly lost the challenge for his tribe. Then to gloat so much during the win -- I don't know was it too much??? He was probably relieved his tribe didn't lose.

OMG -- the boat paddle by the veterans -- what happened?

Colton, Colton, Colton, obviously didn't do any anger management when he got back from his first time on Survivor.

Congrats to the puzzle solvers.

Rupert and his self sacrifice -- was that really necessary, was that really needed? Didn't they think to talk about that before the season even started?

Did Colton revert to type during the paddle boat part of the challenge, what did he say?

A truly delicious thought:

Put Colton from Survivor and Ken from Project Runway together. OMG the slaughter would put The Red Wedding (Game of Thrones reference) to shame. But it would be ratings GOLD.

Culpepper there is a reason the girls or guys by the name of Cochran win over the male "wolf packs", they are smarter then you.

Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate View Post
    Yep, not at all surprised that Laura was the first voted out, nor that Rupert took her spot. It really was not in the best interest of the couple for him to switch, since it immediately makes her an outsider on her tribe and an easy first boot for them, not to mention Rupert would have to win every RI challenge in order to actually reenter the game at some point. I really don't see why he did that especially since, for a married couple, if one of them wins the money, of course they will end up splitting it with their spouse. So if Rupert stayed in the game and won (which I really don't think he will), in terms of the prize money, Laura also wins.

Brad is making the mistake of going out too aggressive in the beginning. I agree with whoever said that he's probably just setting himself up for a big blindside at some point. That would be entertaining. He and John seem cocky and too into their guys alliance for my taste, although I do like Vytas and Caleb from what little we saw. Caleb can do so much better than Colton. Also, the complaining about the returnees cheering when they won? Really? You can bet that if/when Brad/John win a challenge they'll be cheering louder than anybody. And of course I'm sure that Brad never EVER cheered when he won at football. Give me a break. Although I do find yelling things at the other team, as Gervase was doing, obnoxious and unnecessary, especially when he nearly cost them the challenge. I do feel sorry for Marissa getting voted out due to his behaviour. Katie was the weakest in the challenge. Rachel, Tyson's gf, got pretty much no screentime whatsoever.

I don't like Rupert or Candice so I'm hoping one of them goes home. I think the duels at RI should be limited to 2 people, rather than 3.
    Oh, that's what Gervease did, rather stupid to do that, especially in light of his performance or lack off.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 09-21-2013 at 11:22 PM.
    Shoepie and Sticker like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Thoughts:

Normally, I don't pass any instant judgements on the participants, I let the show unfold a bit but I must admit that Jervis's niece, Marissa put my back up from the first boat ride and I sorta didn't like her. Further confessionals just made me dislike her more.

Was that a laser eye death stare that she gave to her tribe mates before she walked off to Redemption Island?

Jervis - it's been 13 yrs - you can't swim - didn't you ever notice how many water challenges are on Survivor - have you ever heard of PX90 or Insanity or swimming lessons? That being said he could have singlehandedly lost the challenge for his tribe. Then to gloat so much during the win -- I don't know was it too much??? He was probably relieved his tribe didn't lose.

OMG -- the boat paddle by the veterans -- what happened?

Colton, Colton, Colton, obviously didn't do any anger management when he got back from his first time on Survivor.

Congrats to the puzzle solvers.

Rupert and his self sacrifice -- was that really necessary, was that really needed? Didn't they think to talk about that before the season even started?

Did Colton revert to type during the paddle boat part of the challenge, what did he say?
    I don't know about to type, but he definitely showed signs of reverting to himself, as seen on his last run on Survivor--one of the women was yelling at him to paddle and he said something on the lines of shut up or I'll hit you with the paddle.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post

I was shocked that Gervase still couldn't swim easily, and was so exhausted going through that first challenge. Honestly, he's pretty weak. If they lose next week I can see them voting him off instead of Laura. His celebrations, while probably due more to relief that he wouldn't be on the hot seat than posturing, was still kind of tacky seeing has how he was the biggest reason they fell so far behind during the first part of the challenge. He owes Tina and the "older ladies" (thanks, Jeff) a huge thank-you for rocking that puzzle so quickly.
    I feel exactly as you do about Gervase. What I can't understand is that he knew he had trouble swimming, he knew he was going to be on Survivor and he didn't do anything to build up his skills and endurance. I've heard other contestants talk about how they really worked to get themselves ready for participating. Especially if you want to win!!
    Just don't understand that way of thinking. I think I remember Denise saying she really worked hard after she found out she was picked. And it showed!
    Sticker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I feel exactly as you do about Gervase. What I can't understand is that he knew he had trouble swimming, he knew he was going to be on Survivor and he didn't do anything to build up his skills and endurance. I've heard other contestants talk about how they really worked to get themselves ready for participating. Especially if you want to win!!
    Just don't understand that way of thinking. I think I remember Denise saying she really worked hard after she found out she was picked. And it showed!
    He wouldn't be the first person that didn't have the required skills for survivor. I mean don't they ask them questions, such as "can you swim??" before they go on the show. I like the guy.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

To me it shouldn't matter at this stage of the game if Marissa was obnoxious, back-stabbing, annoying, or if her uncle ticked off everyone and this was their way of getting back at him. She seems like she would be stronger at challenges than some of the others, and at this point, THAT is what matters. You have to keep your team strong enough to win challenges so this isn't the time to vote out the strong players, despite how you may feel about them personally. Granted, Redemption Island does throw an interesting twist into the game, but you can't depend on anyone winning because strange things happen in this game.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread