+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: 9/18 Survivor 27 Premiere Blood vs. Water **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 9/18 Survivor 27 Premiere Blood vs. Water **West Coast Spoilers**

Don't have a problem with celebrating a win - but Gervase was terrible - he literally should have lost that challenge for them. I just think it makes him look stupid (not for the loved ones angle) but because he had nothing to do with the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I didn't think he could swim, I guess he learnt 13 years ago, but maybe he didn't keep it up? I don't blame them for celebrating a win( I would have) wait until the noobs win, will they just say a very quiet oh yay, and walk away, with all that testosterone on that team, doubt it
    scoot13 and Sticker like this.

He was just relieved that's all. I was talking about the loved ones talking as if this is something they will never do. One of them will be like Gervase, ( not do well) and yet their team will win. When they do- all of them will whoop it up. I love this game
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Newbie

I am not convinced that Marissa was voted out due to Gervase's behavior only. Unlike BB, we are not seeing what's going on behind the scenes. What we did see was her getting all pissy over his actions because it reflected poorly on her. It was all about her. She also seemed to be pouty and angry when they entered TC. Why was that?

When I was in school, back in the dark ages, my mother always told me to beware of a boy if the other boys didn't like him. There's usually a reason. When the majority of the tribe voted for Marissa I kept thinking that there had to be a reason. She just seemed angry from the get-go to me and I kept wondering what had happened to make her that way.
    Florimel, Shoepie, Midol and 1 others like this.

I wonder if she was voted out first because she, out of all the girls on the newbie team, seems to be more calculating and therefore more of a threat to the bro-alliance. They probably thought it would be better to get rid of her sooner rather than after she has a chance to possibly form a counter-alliance.

Or am I giving them too much credit for actually having a decent reason to get rid of her?
    lily--2, ilja and Midol like this.

FORT Newbie

Could be. One thing's for sure...there are too many men on the newbie team and if they stick to their alliance the women don't stand a chance. They can't even use the flirting option a la Parvarty due to the fact that everyone is already paired up.
    Brooks likes this.

They were equal, five and five, when they started, but they chose to vote out Laura B who was probably never going to be a threat to any of them. They could have been 5 women to 4 men, but they chose not to go that route.

I don't particularly like alliances based on gender, male or female, anyway, or age for that matter. Look how well it served Malcolm and Denise in Survivor: Philippines to form an alliance based on their strengths and strategies.
    PWS and Midol like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I think the duels at RI should be limited to 2 people, rather than 3.
    So what do you call a 3-person duel?

A duel between three people is called a 'truel.'
    Punkin, Sticker and stacerace76 like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    So what do you call a 3-person duel?

A duel between three people is called a 'truel.'
    Agreed. "Duel" literally means "two". Du. Duo. Doux. Whatever.

I like the truels though. They had a few in the past. Sometimes with one leaving, sometimes with two. At least this way the possibilities of who might go home are more open. It makes it more interesting.

I hope they don't replace the reward challenge with footage of Redemption Island. I hated that part about RI. I love it when they have rewards, because the strategy of who to take and who to leave behind is always interesting to me, and sometimes becomes a game changer. If they want to show the truels or duels at RI, then make the show 90 minutes at least!
    Midol likes this.

I don't like the extra challenges because it takes away from seeing the social game. So I don't like either reward challenges or Redemption Island battles (although sometimes comments in the peanut gallery can be helpful).
    stacerace76 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread