+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: 9/18 Survivor 27 Premiere Blood vs. Water **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/18 Survivor 27 Premiere Blood vs. Water **West Coast Spoilers**

Not surprised that Rupert's wife was voted out first. She is the weakest physically. Then idiot Rupert switched with her wife to try and beat Candace when he is needed more by his tribe. Not sure why Candace was chosen by the returnees as I think she is more athletic than some of the women there. I didn't like this Redemption Island twist. I thought the two individuals who were voted out will trade places but it didn't happen. That would have been better dynamics. They get reunited with their loved one but the they become a target.

I'm not for returning contestants who already won 1 million (Rupert won 1M the easy way by getting the fan votes) and contestants who already been on the show 2, 3 or 4 times. They have so many contestants yet all they can muster are these same faces again! I'm glad that Rupert is in RI and hope that he be the first eliminated.

And yea...Colton suck! I many ways than one. Doing the drama queen approach this time eh? Stupid Monica trying to make amends? Well, he backstabbed you last time so why not do the same to him instead of worrying if he's going to do the same thing to you again? Just get rid of him first before he gets rid of you. Have a game plan instead of having other people think for you.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 09-20-2013 at 03:56 AM.
    Duckyface likes this.

Yep, not at all surprised that Laura was the first voted out, nor that Rupert took her spot. It really was not in the best interest of the couple for him to switch, since it immediately makes her an outsider on her tribe and an easy first boot for them, not to mention Rupert would have to win every RI challenge in order to actually reenter the game at some point. I really don't see why he did that especially since, for a married couple, if one of them wins the money, of course they will end up splitting it with their spouse. So if Rupert stayed in the game and won (which I really don't think he will), in terms of the prize money, Laura also wins.

Brad is making the mistake of going out too aggressive in the beginning. I agree with whoever said that he's probably just setting himself up for a big blindside at some point. That would be entertaining. He and John seem cocky and too into their guys alliance for my taste, although I do like Vytas and Caleb from what little we saw. Caleb can do so much better than Colton. Also, the complaining about the returnees cheering when they won? Really? You can bet that if/when Brad/John win a challenge they'll be cheering louder than anybody. And of course I'm sure that Brad never EVER cheered when he won at football. Give me a break. Although I do find yelling things at the other team, as Gervase was doing, obnoxious and unnecessary, especially when he nearly cost them the challenge. I do feel sorry for Marissa getting voted out due to his behaviour. Katie was the weakest in the challenge. Rachel, Tyson's gf, got pretty much no screentime whatsoever.

I don't like Rupert or Candice so I'm hoping one of them goes home. I think the duels at RI should be limited to 2 people, rather than 3.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I thought the two individuals who were voted out will trade places but it didn't happen. That would have been better dynamics. They get reunited with their loved one but the they become a target.
    That's what I thought was going to happen, too! It hardly seemed fair to put all of the experienced people on one tribe and all of the new people on another. Plus, a lot of reality shows, like the Apprentice and Hell's Kitchen, have done the same thing. Both teams pick someone they want out and they end up switching places.

It sure wreaks havoc with the pool because with three people out on the first episode, I worry that maybe I allowed too many members per pool team. I was already concerned about that before the show started without having so many eliminations. Oh, well!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    That's what I thought was going to happen, too! It hardly seemed fair to put all of the experienced people on one tribe and all of the new people on another. Plus, a lot of reality shows, like the Apprentice and Hell's Kitchen, have done the same thing. Both teams pick someone they want out and they end up switching places.

It sure wreaks havoc with the pool because with three people out on the first episode, I worry that maybe I allowed too many members per pool team. I was already concerned about that before the show started without having so many eliminations. Oh, well!
    Maybe one week you should have a DE night !
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Stupid Monica trying to make amends? Well, he backstabbed you last time so why not do the same to him instead of worrying if he's going to do the same thing to you again? Just get rid of him first before he gets rid of you. Have a game plan instead of having other people think for you.
    Absolutely! Colton will be voted out soon, anyway. He doesn't bother me one bit. pffffffft

I llike redemtion island.

I like Rupert and think it was smart to save his energy. He is much older than Candice and knows what he needs to stay in the game. Funny too.

I was surprised that Rubert's wife didn't insist he stay with the tribe and let her go compete on RI. That would have been the smart thing to do. Win that and prove that she is a strong tribe member. Clearly she got the message that she was a target and maybe the next to go (on either tribe) regardless. Give it a shot.

I am going to love this season, I can tell.
    Florimel likes this.

Finally, I had a chance to watch the show.

Colton hasn't changed a bit. His rudeness to Kat while they were paddling spoke volumes. I wish she could have taken her oar and smacked him in the head. Why Caleb is with him, I have no idea. He seems like a decent guy, and definitely is the nurturer in that relationship.

I was shocked that Gervase still couldn't swim easily, and was so exhausted going through that first challenge. Honestly, he's pretty weak. If they lose next week I can see them voting him off instead of Laura. His celebrations, while probably due more to relief that he wouldn't be on the hot seat than posturing, was still kind of tacky seeing has how he was the biggest reason they fell so far behind during the first part of the challenge. He owes Tina and the "older ladies" (thanks, Jeff) a huge thank-you for rocking that puzzle so quickly.

Rupert is still Rupert. I agreed with Tina, his changing places with Laura was all emotion and no strategy. I get why he did it, but I just don't think it was the smartest move. Then again, he would have been a big target to go early, and maybe Laura can position herself as a quiet pawn for someone and slide UTR for a bit.

Hated Culpepper. Hate all that "boys club" mentality. I hope it all falls apart and he gets blindsided. I did like Vytas though, and hope he goes far. I always liked Aras, and would love to see them work together after the merge.

I admit, I laughed like crazy at Tyson's face while Colton was having his sob-fest around the fire. He was like "WTF?" Oh and Colton, way to claim that every single person in your state is homophobic. Yeah, that's gonna help you make friends there. Ugh.
    catsrule and Midol like this.

I hope Colton goes before Gervase, I think he will. Looking forward to next week . This should be a good season
    Midol likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I hope so too, Fanny. Perhaps they will realize it's better to keep Gervase out of the water at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I hope so too, Fanny. Perhaps they will realize it's better to keep Gervase out of the water at all costs.
    I didn't think he could swim, I guess he learnt 13 years ago, but maybe he didn't keep it up? I don't blame them for celebrating a win( I would have) wait until the noobs win, will they just say a very quiet oh yay, and walk away, with all that testosterone on that team, doubt it
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I admit, I laughed like crazy at Tyson's face while Colton was having his sob-fest around the fire. He was like "WTF?"
    That was hilarious! I was just waiting for Tyson to say something sarcastic then, because that's been his style in the past, but to his credit he bit his tongue. I wouldn't mind seeing a Tyson-Colton Smackdown. I know Colton wouldn't stand a chance against Tyson!

+ Reply to Thread