+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: 9/18 Survivor 27 Premiere Blood vs. Water **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/18 Survivor 27 Premiere Blood vs. Water **West Coast Spoilers**

Rupert will never quit, but he'll bungle the challenge.
    lily--2 likes this.

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catsrule View Post
    I would have been totally shocked if Rupert hadn't changed places with his wife, the man leads with his heart it's his greatest strength and his greatest weakness.
    I'm glad someone else sees this as I do. I would guess that Rupert knew he was shooting himself in the foot by trading places, but his love for his wife is that strong. He LOVES the experience of Survivor and it's been such a big part of his life. I think having his wife share that experience was more important to him than having a chance to play longer himself. He probably saw it as giving Laura a gift, and that's probably far more important to him than winning. Unfortunately, she won't last long either.

I've always loved Rupert. Stealing the shoes in Pearl Island is one of the funniest Survivor moments. Granted, his game play could use improvement.
    NCLurker, becca, Florimel and 5 others like this.
    I support the right to arm bears.

Quote Originally Posted by chompstick View Post
    I'm glad someone else sees this as I do. I would guess that Rupert knew he was shooting himself in the foot by trading places, but his love for his wife is that strong. He LOVES the experience of Survivor and it's been such a big part of his life. I think having his wife share that experience was more important to him than having a chance to play longer himself. He probably saw it as giving Laura a gift, and that's probably far more important to him than winning. Unfortunately, she won't last long either.
    Yeah, there was no question in my mind that Rupert would switch. Every time they've ever showed him talking about his wife or with his wife you can see that he will put her before himself in every possible way. And even when Jeff said "wait, let me tell you the consequences", it was obvious that he would replace her. That was happening.

That said, in every game with returnees and new folk, the returnees have always started far stronger than the newbies, so I don't really mind so much if the returnees lose a strong camp-builder: it should at least make things a little more even...

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm liking this season so far. The new format should be interesting.

And I know I'm in the minority, but I actually like Redemption Island.
    Hyper and Shoepie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I'm liking this season so far. The new format should be interesting.

And I know I'm in the minority, but I actually like Redemption Island.
    Raising hand .I like RI
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    He wasn't paddling and Kat said something to him...I think he said something about smacking her with the paddle. He got a little nasty about it.
    I watched it agiin with hubby. Kat said come on Colton paddle, and he said I am paddling( not very hard btw) and said he would hit her with the paddle if she ..The old Colton is back next week. The crying was soo phoney
    catsrule and jucamer like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Wow, what a crazy first 20 minutes. I'm kind of surprised Laura was voted out first, I guess she and Rupert really stood out. Can't say I'm too surprised Candice got voted out, I'd probably vote for her or Colton myself, she did betray her tribe both seasons after all. The fact that no one knew her kind of speaks volumes about how undeserving she is of a third chance playing the game in my opinion. I'm not at all surprised Rupert chose to take Laura's spot, he's always played with his heart rather than his head. I do have to give Rupert credit for letting Candice do all the work though, the only person's he's annoying is the one he has to beat to stay in the game, and that extra energy could be the difference in the first duel. What I would do in Candice's spot is refuse to do any work until Rupert starts, maybe it would force a compromise where we both do equal work, but at least I would make sure my opponent's doing at least the same amount of work around camp as I am.

Gervase hasn't changed, has he? In fairness to his celebration, part of it might have been relief since he must have known he'd be a target after that performance...still not the best idea though. Oh Colton, I came the closest I've ever been to actually liking the guy, and yeah, looks like he hasn't changed a bit. Tina showed why she's a winner, she rocked that puzzle with Laura and Monica, and she made some smart observations throughout the episode.

Culpepper's kind of annoying, and I get the feeling he's setting himself for a big blindside...I don't get the vibe at all that those guys will stay loyal. Unless there's something we haven't seen, voting out Marissa because of Gervase was pretty dumb. I must say I'm kind of disappointed in the girls on the newbie tribe, they seem fairly passive, though maybe that was just because none of the guys want to turn on a strong player like Culpepper just yet. I'm liking Vytas and Caleb so far though, both seem like fairly smart guys.

Personally I'm pulling for Marissa and Rupert to stay in the game, mainly because I dislike Candice My best guess is that Aras/Vytas and Gervase/Marissa are the most likely pairs to betray each other...Aras and Vytas have that rough past, and Gervase and Marissa didn't seem that close. I must say I enjoyed this premiere more than I thought I would.
    Sticker and Midol like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Seeing Rupert lie around and not work hard---quite the shocker!!! He's always been out there building/fishing, etc.

To be fair to Candice, maybe the others don't know her because she and her hubby have been in school/working as ER docs, not going to Survivor reunions where all the vets (and some of their significant others) repeatedly meet each other. Not that she warmed me up, but that could explain why Tina, for example, wouldn't know her.

I'm surprised Rupert thought that far ahead, usually he isn't that strategic of a player. That's a good point about Candice, quite a few of them didn't seem to know Laura from Samoa either...guess that vote kind of gave us a window into which Survivor players hang out at Survivor reunions. I also wonder if some of the family members met each other once or twice attending reunions with their family members. It really surprised me that Rupert's wife got all the votes considering they had no chance to talk with each other.

One thing that I was afraid of going into this season is that there'd be a lot of crying, which we had quite a bit of just in the first episode. I do understand that it can be emotional, but it doesn't exactly make for great tv imo, and a whole season of that is not something I'm looking forward to.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    With the exception of Colton, I'm really looking forward to this season.
    More than 24 hours after it initially aired and I still can't bring myself to watch it.
    spockwhat likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread