+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Survivor Blood Vs Water Pool

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Survivor Blood Vs Water Pool

Survivor: Blood Vs. Water

So they say blood is thicker than water—but which element gets you farther in Survivor?

To sign up for the pool:

1. Choose a name for your tribe.
    A good tribe name can intimidate other tribes, bolster your tribe’s morale, and/or define what you see as the strength of your tribe so be creative and choose a tribe name that represents your spirit!
    2. Choose Blood or Water as your element.
    This is an optional step just for fun. It will help decide what animal will be used as your tribe mascot. If you don’t choose an element, one will be picked for you.
    3. Choose one castaway to be your tribal leader.
    One member of your tribe will earn (or lose) double points for you so choose someone who you think will last long in the game and/or win a lot of challenges.
    4. Choose four other castaways to be your tribal warriors.
    They’ll earn points each week they’re in the game. You can choose people who you think will score well in the game or choose based on the personalities you like.
    5. Choose two additional castaways to be your ceremonial tribe members.
    These two castaways will be in reserve so when you lose a member of your tribe, they’ll be put in to replace that tribe member. Your ceremonial tribe members don’t start earning points until they are put into play.

You have until September 25th before the second episode airs to register your team. You can register early if you like and make any changes you want to your tribe up until the deadline. Once the deadline passes, there won’t be an opportunity to change your tribal leader or add and replace tribe members this season so make your selections carefully.

Here are the castaways you have to choose from this season:

Aras
    Vytas
    Candice
    John
    Colton
    Caleb
    Gervase
    Marissa
    Kat
    Hayden
    Laura M.
    Ciera
    Monica
    Brad
    Rupert
    Laura B.
    Tina
    Katie
    Tyson
    Rachel

And here’s a quick, easy pool sign-up list you can copy and paste to submit your choices.

Tribe Name:
    Element Type (Blood/Water):
    Tribal Leader:
    Tribal Warrior 1:
    Tribal Warrior 2:
    Tribal Warrior 3:
    Tribal Warrior 4:
    Ceremonial Tribe Member 1:
    Ceremonial Tribe Member 2:

Following is the points schedule, so you can see how your tribe members will earn points for you.

Milestones
    Each week in game +10
    Merge +10
    On jury +5
    Family visits +10
    Final three +10
    Challenges
    Tribe won reward +5
    Won individual reward +10
    Tribe won immunity +5
    Won individual immunity +10
    Tribal Council
    Used a hidden immunity idol +10
    Voted out -10
    Asked to go home/quit -15
    Out of game for medical reasons/family emergency 0
    End of Season
    Winner of Survivor: Blood Vs Water +20
    Won Fan Favorite +10
    Hyper and JohnnyK like this.

Re: Survivor Blood Vs Water Pool

pikachu, you're awesome to be doing this again.

I don't much care for the contestants but I'm intrigued as to how the strategies will play out, and hoping there isn't a merge too soon. It all leaves me completely perplexed as to how the contestants will do. Like it's not clear to me if the vets have much of an advantage this time. And family visits??? Mud bath wrestling with your significant other??

Guess I'll be using a dart board this time. ;^)

Since Redemption Island is back in play this season, I added 10 points for returning from Redemption Island to the scoring. If an exiled contestant makes it back into the game, they'll earn back the 10 points they lost for getting voted off.

I'm trying to decide on strategy for choosing my team this season. I can either pick my favorite players or eliminate the people who think will be seen as threats or unpopular and choose only the middle-of-the-road people who might last longer into the game. It's tough to decide which list to go with!

I'll probably go with my favorites and then at the end of the season see how my other list would have done. I don't know, though. I haven't done particularly well in Survivor pools before so maybe I should take a chance and go with my other list. A lot will depend, too, on what I think of the contestants after watching the first episode.

My team name will be Hippocampus Stampede. I recently saw Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters and really liked the hippocampus. One of my favorite video games, Age of Mythology, also had a really cute hippocampus you could get in the game. I'll be choosing water as the element for my team.

It'll probably be easier to choose the ones I don't want on my team. It's more fun for me to play contestants I like rather than those I think will win. I'll probably try to mix both and make mistakes as I always do. I'll hope I'll have a better idea after the first show airs.

My team name will be Rogue Waves, Calm Seas. I guess it's pretty obvious that my element is water. If we were choosing a mascot, mine would be a dolphin.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Thanks for doing this again pikachu. I always enjoy your pools and know how hard it is since I've done one for years at work...and mine is much simpler than yours!

I need to have a serious look at the players because frankly there wasn't anyone that I was a huge fan of and I can barely remember some of them and how they had played. I will however pick my element ... Water ... and since I am a Cancer and from the Dalmatian coast and because I have a feeling I will not be enjoying all the twists this season, my team name will be the Crabby Dalmatian.

On another note, I saw that you will also be doing a pool for DWTS but I wonder if you will do one for Amazing Race as well?...Although I don't see a thread up for them yet and not that I wish to make any more work for you.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Florimel: The dolphin is yours!

Midol: I do have a pool for The Amazing Race. That forum is in the on-hiatus section at the moment. I have a link to the pool thread in my signature line.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Florimel: The dolphin is yours!

Midol: I do have a pool for The Amazing Race. That forum is in the on-hiatus section at the moment. I have a link to the pool thread in my signature line.
    My bad. Much appreciated. I don't always look at the signature lines.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm trying to decide on strategy for choosing my team this season. I can either pick my favorite players or eliminate the people who think will be seen as threats or unpopular and choose only the middle-of-the-road people who might last longer into the game. It's tough to decide which list to go with!
    WOW. All three of the castaways voted out on the first episode were on my safe list! Guess I'll have to rethink that strategy.

I have a better idea of who I might want on my team after seeing the first episode. I hadn't expected so many people to be out so soon.

Here goes nothin'! I hope I made the right choices.

Tribe Name:Hippocampus Stampede
    Element Type (Blood/Water): Water
    Tribal Leader: Hayden
    Tribal Warrior 1: Aras
    Tribal Warrior 2: John
    Tribal Warrior 3: Tyson
    Tribal Warrior 4: Vytas
    Ceremonial Tribe Member 1: Rachel
    Ceremonial Tribe Member 2: Caleb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast