+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Survivor Blood Vs Water Pool

Re: Survivor Blood Vs Water Pool

Thanks Pikachu! Another wonderful recap! Glad you are feeling better
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Wahooo! thank you. I lost Kat as well!

Hope you are feeling better??
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I am feeling better, after staying home from work a few days, taking medicine, and getting some rest. I'll be ok to go back to work tomorrow.

Hey...how did I end up coming in second in this?...I'm a Crab!!!! and now I'm crabbier than ever!
    Last edited by Midol; 10-27-2013 at 10:14 PM.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Oh, go start a pillow fight, you Crabby Dalmatian! lololol!

Thanks, Pikachu. Feel better! I won immunity for the tribe doing something I have never done before
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Survivor Blood Vs Water
    Episode 7 Pool Results

Episode Recap
    Won reward: Tadhana
    Won immunity: Tadhana
    Voted out: Laura B.
    Eliminated from Redemption Island: Kat

Castaway Scores
    Aras: 20 points
    Caleb: 20 points
    Ciera: 20 points
    Gervase: 20 points
    Hayden: 20 points
    John: 5 points
    Kat: 0 points
    Katie: 10 points
    Laura B: 0 points
    Laura M: 5 points
    Monica: 10 points
    Tina: 10 points
    Tyson: 20 points
    Vytas: 10 points

Weekly Scores
    Bucket/Shoepie: 95 points
    Coral Reef/inthegarden: 75 points
    Crabby Dalmatian/Midol: 100 points
    Dixie Dolphins/dixielandbelle: 95 points
    FameWhores/norm: 85 points
    Fang Manihiki/Fanny Mare: 100 points
    Hear Me Roar!/Hyper: 110 points
    Hippocampus Stampede/pikachu: 95 points
    Jigsaw/JLuvs: 110 points
    Kat’s Brats/Maybaybie: 30 points
    King Kong/Sticker: 90 points
    Kolton’s Kandy Klub/JohnnyK: 30 points
    nevertravelsawonga/tbamom: 100 points
    Pating/Veejer: 75 points
    Ride the Winds/Brooks: 80 points
    Rogue Waves, Calm Seas/Florimel: 60 points
    Team 69/Magnum: 100 points
    Team Maybs/r2maybs: 90 points
    The Blue Lagoon/mesachick: 110 points
    Umi no wani/Evande: 95 points
    Weak & Grumpy/scoot13: 100 points

Overall Scores and Rankings:
    1. Fang Manihiki, Jigsaw, The Blue Lagoon: 600 points
    2. Dixie Dolphins, Team 69, Weak & Grumpy: 580 points
    3. Crabby Dalmatian, Team Maybs: 560 points
    4. nevertravelsawonga: 550 points
    5. Bucket, Hear Me Roar!, Umi no wani: 540 points
    6. FameWhores: 520 points
    7. Hippocampus Stampede, Pating, Ride the Winds: 500 points
    8. King Kong: 485 points
    9. Kat’s Brats: 470 points
    10. Rogue Waves, Calm Seas: 440 points
    11. Coral Reef: 395 points
    12. Kolton’s Kandy Klub: 380 points

It’s Week 7 of the competition and another Redemption Island challenge is at hand. The duel is between Rogue Waves Calm Seas (the newest arrival at Redemption), Kolton’s Kandy Klub, and Coral Reef (the longest surviving player at Redemption). Their challenge is to collect Jack-o-lantern buckets hanging from posts on the course and use puzzle pieces inside them to construct a tabletop haunted tree, complete with Halloween ornaments. The last ornament they’ll put on the tree is a black widow star, which will be the signal that they’re done. The first person to place their star wins the challenge and gets back in the game. For a special twist, the person to finish second also gets to temporarily return to the game and play in the reward/immunity challenge. If their team wins, they’ll get to participate in reward before returning to Redemption Island.

Coral Reef is the first one to collect all of their buckets. They’ve made good headway on constructing their tree by the time the other two competitors get back with their puzzle pieces. Coral Reef places their star and wins the challenge! Now it’s down to Rogue Waves and Kolton’s Kandy Klub to see who takes second place. Rogue Waves is studying Coral Reef’s tree to see how they put it together while Kolton’s Kandy Klub struggles through it alone. Rogue Waves finishes their tree just seconds ahead of KKK. Kolton’s Kandy Klub will stay on Redemption Island by themselves until tribal council when Rogue Waves returns with whoever is voted out.

Before the immunity challenge starts, Fang Manihiki, Blue Lagoon, and Jigsaw meet up to discuss game strategy. If they all somehow end up on the same team, they’ll play to win. If one of them gets put on a separate team, the other two will throw the challenge and try to sabotage their team to make sure their alliance member on the winning team is safe and then they’ll have each other to hopefully keep from being voted out. They feel confident going into the challenge and are sure they can convince other pool members to vote their way, if need be.

It’s time to start! Jeff announces that this is the Kentucky Fried Challenge. Pool members will be divided into two teams-- orange and black. They’ll be pretending to be chickens, trying to get back to their henhouse without losing any members. They’ll be shackled together so that no one gets separated from the group and eaten by foxes. They’ll have to navigate an obstacle course while shackled together and in the middle of the course, cross an overhead ladder with the opposing team coming the opposite way on the ladder, forcing them into a game of chicken. The first team to get all their chickens to their henhouse wins immunity and a fried chicken dinner!

Everyone draws for teams and the orange team is: Bucket, Ride the Winds, Pating, Weak & Grumpy, Rogue Waves Calm Seas, Team 69, Fang Manihiki, Hear Me Roar, Blue Lagoon, and King Kong. The black team is Dixie Dolphins, Umi no wani, Jigsaw, Coral Reef, FameWhores, Team Maybs, nevertravelsawonga, Kat’s Brats, Crabby Dalmatian, and Hippocampus Stampede. Fang Manihiki, Blue Lagoon, and Jigsaw exchange glances and Fang gives Jigsaw a thumbs-up to indicate that they’ll stick to their alliance plan and work against the orange team. They’ll be the foxes in their own henhouse.

Everyone is shackled together. Rogue Waves volunteers to take the lead position for the orange team. Since they know they’re going back to Redemption anyway, they don’t mind being put in the hot seat if their team loses the challenge. Coral Reef takes the lead for the black team. They’ve been stuck on Redemption Island since nearly the beginning of the season and only gotten to participate in one challenge so they feel they have something to prove.

The teams start off pretty evenly paced through the obstacle course. Blue Lagoon “accidentally” gets hung up on a beam when they’re maneuvering around an obstacle and the black team starts pulling ahead. They reach the overhead ladder and Team 69 has trouble staying on the ladder. They lack the upper body strength to maintain their grip for long. Fang Manihiki starts blocking members of the black team to keep them from getting by, but this also prevents their own team from moving forward. After a tense struggle, the black team crosses the ladder first and races to finish the obstacle course. Then, disaster strikes! Coral Reef gets tripped up in their shackles and falls down hard before their team can reach their henhouse. They try to step on their injured leg but the pain makes them crumple up. Their team lifts them up and carries them the rest of the way but in the meantime, the orange team completes the obstacle course, despite Fang Manihiki and Blue Lagoon’s attempts to slow them down. The orange team wins the challenge and a chicken dinner! The black team will go to tribal council!

Jigsaw is extremely nervous at tribal council since their alliance’s plan went awry. This hadn’t gone the way they planned at all! However, they manage to make it through without getting a single vote. Coral Reef had many strikes against them. They hadn’t been in the game long enough to form alliances with the rest of the tribe, they’d already been voted out once and nobody wanted to give them another chance to win, and their injury ultimately cost their team the challenge. Coral Reef is voted off and joins Rogue Waves Calm Seas, who is full from their chicken dinner reward, to return to Redemption Island.

Congratulations to Hear Me Roar, Jigsaw, and The Blue Lagoon for having the highest weekly score!
    And congratulations to Fang Manihiki, Jigsaw, and The Blue Lagoon for having the highest overall score!

I haven't finished the scores yet but I did do some housekeeping--checking each tribe to make sure they had the right number of members left, the right person designated tribe leader, the right number of ceremonial tribe members left, etc. It's so easy to get one line off on the scoresheet and add a new member to the wrong tribe. Everything checked out and I have some statistics for everybody.

18 tribes have 5 members in play:
    Hippocampus Stampede, nevertravelsawonga, FameWhores, Shoepie, Ride the Winds, Fang Manihiki, Umi no wani, Dixie Dolphins, Crabby Dalmatian, Jigsaw, Team 69, The Blue Lagoon, King Kong,Team Maybs, Weak & Grumpy, Hear Me Roar, Kat's Brats, and Pating.

2 tribes have 4 members in play:
    Coral Reef and Rogue Waves, Calm Seas.

1 tribe has 3 members in play:
    Kolton's Kandy Klub.

4 tribes have both ceremonial members not yet put into play:
    Ride the Winds, Crabby Dalmatian, The Blue Lagoon, and Hear Me Roar.

6 tribes have one ceremonial member not yet put into play:
    Bucket, Dixie Dolphins, Jigsaw, Team 69, Team Maybs, and Weak & Grumpy.

Survivor Blood Vs Water
    Episode 8 Pool Results

Episode Recap
    Eliminated from Redemption Island: John, Laura B.
    Returned from Redemption Island: Laura M.
    Won immunity: Vytas
    Voted out: Aras
    All the castaways except for John and Laura B. got bonus points for making it to the merge.

Castaway Scores
    Aras: 10 points
    Caleb: 20 points
    Ciera: 20 points
    Gervase: 20 points
    Hayden: 20 points
    John: 0 points
    Katie: 20 points
    Laura B: 0 points
    Laura M: 25 points
    Monica: 20 points
    Tina: 20 points
    Tyson: 20 points
    Vytas: 30 points

Weekly Scores
    Bucket/Shoepie: 100 points
    Coral Reef/inthegarden: 120 points
    Crabby Dalmatian/Midol: 130 points
    Dixie Dolphins/dixielandbelle: 115 points
    FameWhores/norm: 95 points
    Fang Manihiki/Fanny Mare: 120 points
    Hear Me Roar!/Hyper: 130 points
    Hippocampus Stampede/pikachu: 100 points
    Jigsaw/JLuvs: 110 points
    Kat’s Brats/Maybaybie: 85 points
    King Kong/Sticker: 100 points
    Kolton’s Kandy Klub/JohnnyK: 75 points
    nevertravelsawonga/tbamom: 120 points
    Pating/Veejer: 90 points
    Ride the Winds/Brooks: 140 points
    Rogue Waves, Calm Seas/Florimel: 115 points
    Team 69/Magnum: 110 points
    Team Maybs/r2maybs: 130 points
    The Blue Lagoon/mesachick: 120 points
    Umi no wani/Evande: 90 points
    Weak & Grumpy/scoot13: 120 points

Overall Scores and Rankings:
    1. Fang Manihiki, The Blue Lagoon: 720 points
    2. Jigsaw: 710 points
    3. Weak & Grumpy: 700 points
    4. Dixie Dolphins: 695 points
    5. Crabby Dalmatian, Team 69, Team Maybs: 690 points
    6. Hear Me Roar!, nevertravelsawonga: 670 points
    7. Bucket, Ride the Winds: 640 points
    8. Umi no wani: 630 points
    9. FameWhores: 615 points
    10. Hippocampus Stampede: 600 points
    11. Pating: 590 points
    12. King Kong: 585 points
    13. Kat’s Brats, Rogue Waves, Calm Seas: 555 points
    14. Coral Reef: 515 points
    15. Kolton’s Kandy Klub: 455 points

A lot of big things happened this week! All of the pool members on Redemption Island got to return to the game and everyone merged into one tribe, fighting for their first individual immunity win in the weekly challenge. Just to test their mettle, the returnees from Redemption Island were asked to see who could hang from the castaways’ clothesline the longest without touching the sand. Kolton’s Kandy Klub works out on a regular basis to develop their upper-body strength so they easily outlasted Rogue Waves and Coral Reef. Some pool members think this strength is an advantage they could use if they were in an alliance with Kolton’s Kandy Klub while others see it as a threat in future individual immunity challenges and want to get rid of them.

Fractures are appearing in the top three alliance, as Jigsaw is put off to find out that they’re ranked number three in their alliance and they’re not willing to settle for third place! Jigsaw goes off to search for the hidden immunity idol, hoping if they find it they can use it to draw together their own alliance and call all the shots. The follow clues they’ve overheard from another pool members, although some of the clues are very vague, like ”Try looking somewhere you haven’t looked before” and other clues sound ridiculous, like the producers are just having fun with them to make them look stupid on-camera. For instance, the clue that instructs them to stand on one leg while holding the foot on their other leg behind them and chanting “I’m a little teapot short and stout” while they look up in the trees for a branch shaped like a flamingo. Jigsaw is desperate enough to follow all of the instructions and finally are rewarded by finding the hidden immunity idol. They put it in their sock and jog back to camp to hide it away until needed.

The individual immunity challenge is a memory test. Jeff Probst reads the pool members his grocery list for next month and then quizzes them about what items are on the list and what quantities he wants of each item. Pating is out first when they answer True to the question about if Jeff had Beef Ravioli on his list. Everyone else answered False and they’re right. Crabby Dalmatian, Weak & Grumpy, FamesWhores, and Team 69 are out next when they answer False to Jeff having three cans of green beans on his list. That was True! The next question trips up a lot of people. Jeff asks if he had Brawny select-a-size paper towels on his list. Half the pool members answer True but it’s actually Brawny pick-a-size paper towels on his list. Umi no wani, Jigsaw, Hippocampus Stampede, nevertravelsawonga, Fang Manihiki, Dixie Dolphins, Kat’s Brats and Bucket are all out due to this trick question. Team Maybs, Rogue Waves and Coral Reef mess up on which flavor of jelly Jeff had on his list, Hear Me Roar and Blue Lagoon get the wrong quantity of toothpaste, and King Kong forgets that Jeff had cherry-flavored Tums on his list. It’s down to Ride the Winds and Kolton’s Kandy Klub. Jeff asks how many rolls of toilet paper were on his list. Ride the Winds answers 5, Kolton’s Kandy Klub says 3. Ride the Winds is right and they win individual immunity! Ride the Winds does their touchdown/just got paid/you’re NOT the baby daddy dance while everyone else mentally prepares to go to tribal council and vote someone off.

There are lots of alliances and sub-alliances floating around so it’s tough to decide which alliance to vote with. There’s the “We all named our pool tribes after animals” alliance, the “Pool tribe starting with ‘K’” alliance, the “Old forum members” alliance, the “Forum newbie” alliance, the “Exotic-sounding pool tribe name” alliance, etc. Ultimately, the ‘K’ alliance turns on one of their own and along with members of other alliances, who vote with or against their alliances for their own reasons, vote out Kolton’s Kandy Klub. They return to Redemption Island to await the next round of challenges and take another shot to get back in the game.

Congratulations to Ride the Winds for having the highest weekly score and to Fang Manihiki and the Blue Lagoon for having the highest overall score!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Congratulations to Ride the Winds for having the highest weekly score
    Yowsa! The dragons' strategy of torching everything still in front of them is starting to pay off. ;^)

+ Reply to Thread