3. Jigsaw, Team 69, Team Maybs, The Blue Lagoon, Weak & Grumpy: 380 points
    4. Crabby Dalmatian: 360 points
    5. Bucket, FameWhores, nevertravelsawonga, Pating, Umi no wani: 350 points
    6. Ride the Winds: 340 points
    7. Hear Me Roar!, Rogue Waves, Calm Seas: 320 points
    8. King Kong: 315 points
    9. Hippocampus Stampede, Kolton’s Kandy Klub: 310 points
    10. Coral Reef: 265 points

Our last episode ended with Hippocampus Stampede once again making the walk of shame to Redemption Island. They rejoined Hear Me Roar and Coral Reef and the three stayed up late into the night making voodoo dolls of the other pool participants out of coconut husks and shattering them with rocks, stabbing them with fishing hooks, and burning them in a campfire. They woke up the next morning refreshed from dreams of vengeance and their blood boiling to get back in the game.

The other pool participants join them on the beach for the RI duel. Their challenge is to build a bridge over a gully using Chinese takeout boxes. The boxes have fortune cookies inside which they'll use later in the challenge. After crossing their makeshift bridges, they'll open the fortune cookies and use the paper inside, which has parts of a picture printed on each strip, to complete a puzzle. The first one to finish gets back in the game.

Hear Me Roar proved to be adept at origami and made short work of emptying their Chinese takeout boxes, flattening them, and constructing an elaborate and sturdy bridge from them. They rolled all of their fortune cookies into their shirt to squish them up, then dumped the contents on the sand to easily retrieve all the picture strips at once, and finished the challenge way ahead of the Coral Reef and Hippocampus. Hear Me Roar is back in the game! They celebrate by belting out a rousing, if off-key, chorus of Katy Perry’s “Roar”. Coral Reef completes the challenge last so they have to fold 1000 paper cranes before they can leave the challenge arena.

The pool participants head back to camp to await the next challenge. FameWhores draws everyone’s attention to the sorry state of their feet, grossing them out with their in-grown toenails, making them squirm at their spurs, and boggling at their bunions. Pating gives Kolton’s Kandy Klub a massage, which Kolton’s Kandy Klub thinks is a ploy to get in their good graces but Pating is actually using the moment to figure out where to stick the knife when they stab KKK in the back.

Jeff calls everyone back to the challenge arena and the Reward/Immunity Challenge is on! The participants will divide into teams again (Team 69 is chosen to sit out to make the number of team members even). Team Colors this week are Lemon Yellow and Lime Green. Chosen for the Lemon Team are Bucket, Dixie Dolphins, Crabby Dalmatian, Kat’s Brats, Hear Me Roar, Jigsaw, nevertravelsawonga, Fang Manihiki, and FameWhores. Playing for the Lime Team are Team Maybs, Umi no wani, Weak & Grumpy, Pating, King Kong, Rogue Waves Calm Seas, Kolton’s Kandy Klub, Ride the Winds, and Blue Lagoon. One person from each team will ride a toboggan down a muddy hillside and when they reach the bottom of the hill, they’ll jump out of the toboggan, grab a basketball, and try to shoot a basket before the person on the other team. The first team to get 5 points wins immunity and as a reward can choose fishing gear or a steak dinner.

The first matchup is Crabby Dalmatians vs. King Kong. Crabby gets to the bottom of the hill first but King Kong makes the first basket. 1 point for the Lime Team! Next up are Dixie Dolphins and Umi no wani. Umi loses their balance when their toboggan picks up momentum and they faceplant into the mud. Dixie Dolphins makes the basket and the Lemon Team gets a point! Then, it’s Kat’s Brats and Weak & Grumpy’s turn. Kat’s Brat’s win another point for the Lemon Team. Followed by FameWhores trouncing Rogue Waves for another point. The Lime Team makes their second point when Team Maybs bests Fang Manihiki. Kolton’s Kandy Klub goes up against Hear Me Roar, hoping to bring their team closer to victory, but Hear Me Roar is on a roll this week and knocks the stuffing out of the Kandy Klub. Lemon Team wins the challenge and everyone’s treated to a second impromptu performance of “Roar”. The winning team figures that they can catch their own fish without fancy gear but it’s unlikely a cow is going to wander into their camp, complete with sides and seasonings, so they opt for the steak dinner.

Kolton’s Kandy Klub is voted out for their poor performance in the challenge. They’ll join Hippocampus Stampede and Coral Reef at Redemption Island for next week’s duel.

Congratulations to Hear Me Roar for having the highest weekly score and to Fang Manihiki and Kat’s Brats for having the highest overall score!
    Hyper likes this.

Re: Survivor Blood Vs Water Pool

Ride the Winds is moving up! Yoohoo!!

. I will delight in being high , because I usually end up way way down! WTG Kats brats as well
    Thank you Pikachu
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm above 200! Congratulations Hear Me Roar!.

This time I selected my team after watching Jeff's introduction to the show and picked a lot based on his analysis of the contestants. BAD move, and I won't do that again. I shall linger at the bottom this season, I think.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I did the same thing Florimel. Oh, well it's still early in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I did the same thing Florimel. Oh, well it's still early in the game.

That's what I always say, I am better starting in the middle and then going up a little..oh well, its all good fun
    Florimel and inthegarden like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    . I will delight in being high , because I usually end up way way down! WTG Kats brats as well
    Thank you Pikachu
    Thanks...and whoohoo to you as well!! :-)

I'm happy with this pool. Maybe this season will be good for me. Probably won't win, but I just hope one of my members makes the final three (or four) or however many there are meant to be. I find myself leaving Survivor on in the background as I try to progress further on Pocket Trains. I don't really remember what happened this week, so Pikachu's recaps are very handy. I liked the Redemption challenge Pikachu made for us, and I'm just glad I didn't have to do it.

A few words about Wani, he actually used to be very good on a toboggan owing to his low centre of gravity. Well, he was when he was a wee hatchling. Now that he's bigger, he decides when to ride the toboggan which is never. He sucks at basketball, but I'm not going to tell him that. We had to get permission from our landlord who in turn had to get permission from the chonai-kai to build Wani's mud pit. He didn't have to, but as the foreigner I didn't want to push the issue. There is a mound of dirt we installed next to his pool to function as a slide for Wani, but he doesn't use it much. In the rain, he sits in the pool. In the sun, he sits out of the pool. It's a pretty small pen, so it's relatively easy to clean. I still have to contend with an 8-foot high concrete and chainlink fence. Surprisingly, that is what the chonai-kai was most concerned about, not the presence of a crocodile in their neighbourhood.

Thanks, Pikachu. Firmly in the middle of the pack.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread