+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Survivor Blood Vs Water Pool

Re: Survivor Blood Vs Water Pool

I love the scoring spreadsheet and I am sure it is accurate. Being a 1st year participant and the fact I am probably just dense, can someone give me a "cheat-sheet" version of how the scoring works? I read the scoring details on the front page, and they are great. I think I am just dense about it...LOL

Like why are the 3 contestants to the right (Tina, Tyson, Vylas) ? I see they get extra points, and trying to figure out what caused them to be there.

Maybe someone can just give me an example of one of the teams and how their contestants got the numbers they got (like 40 over 20)? That may help me to understand how the scoring works. Thanks in advance.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Sticker: On the first page of the scoresheet, to the left under the heading "Scoring", is a legend showing how points are awarded.

All castaways still in the game get 10 points each episode. Castaways on Redemption Island get 5 points each episode. Castaways who are on a tribe that won reward or immunity get extra points, etc. I think it's pretty self-explanatory.

Castaways on the returning players tribe have a water droplet icon above their name on the scoresheet. Castaways on the rookie players tribe hav a blood droplet above their name.

Castaways names are in alphabetical order from left to right. When a castaway has lost the challenge at Redemption Island and is gone for good (like Rupert on this scoresheet), I block out the column for their name.

The second part of the scoresheet shows which castaways are on which pool team and how many points they earned for them that week.

The last part of the scoresheet shows the overall points won by all members of your pool team for the week, plus your overall scores for all the weeks in the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Sticker: On the first page of the scoresheet, to the left under the heading "Scoring", is a legend showing how points are awarded.

All castaways still in the game get 10 points each episode. Castaways on Redemption Island get 5 points each episode. Castaways who are on a tribe that won reward or immunity get extra points, etc. I think it's pretty self-explanatory.

Castaways on the returning players tribe have a water droplet icon above their name on the scoresheet. Castaways on the rookie players tribe hav a blood droplet above their name.

Castaways names are in alphabetical order from left to right. When a castaway has lost the challenge at Redemption Island and is gone for good (like Rupert on this scoresheet), I block out the column for their name.

The second part of the scoresheet shows which castaways are on which pool team and how many points they earned for them that week.

The last part of the scoresheet shows the overall points won by all members of your pool team for the week, plus your overall scores for all the weeks in the pool.

Thanks Pikachu...this helps a lot. I love the spreadsheets. The 1st sheet is the key and is very helpful. What I had confused was the 3 contestants to the right of Rupert I thought were "special", but it is just that Rupert is now darkened because he is out of game. I didnt notice that was even his line and thought there was something different about the 3 on the right...LOL

Also, I now understand that to get double points, they have to be your "leader", and so if you got lucky and picked a leader who happens to be on a winning week tribe, then you get more points than a leader on a losing tribe for that week. I think I'm finally getting it. Thanks.

FYI - To help see it larger, what I do is expand the Internet Explorer View (my lower right corner) to 150% and it is easy to see the figures better on the sheets. For people who have other browsers, I think each browser has a way to increase the view font.
    Last edited by Sticker; 10-04-2013 at 08:36 PM.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Survivor Blood Vs Water
    Episode 4 Pool Results

Episode Recap
    Won reward: Galang
    Won immunity: Galang
    Voted out: Brad
    Eliminated from Redemption Island: Marissa

Castaway Scores
    Aras: 20 points
    Brad: 0 points
    Caleb: 10 points
    Candice: 5 points
    Ciera: 10 points
    Gervase: 20 points
    Hayden: 10 points
    John: 5 points
    Kat: 20 points
    Katie: 10 points
    Laura B: 20 points
    Laura M: 20 points
    Marissa: 0 points
    Monica: 20 points
    Tina: 20 points
    Tyson: 20 points
    Vytas: 10 points

Weekly Scores
    Bucket/Shoepie: 95 points
    Coral Reef/inthegarden: 55 points
    Crabby Dalmatian/Midol: 90 points
    Dixie Dolphins/dixielandbelle: 110 points
    FameWhores/norm: 95 points
    Fang Manihiki/Fanny Mare: 110 points
    Hear Me Roar!/Hyper: 70 points
    Hippocampus Stampede/pikachu: 75 points
    Jigsaw/JLuvs: 100 points
    Katís Brats/Maybaybie: 110 points
    King Kong/Sticker: 70 points
    Koltonís Kandy Klub/JohnnyK: 85 points
    nevertravelsawonga/tbamom: 90 points
    Pating/Veejer: 95 points
    Ride the Winds/Brooks: 80 points
    Rogue Waves, Calm Seas/Florimel: 85 points
    Team 69/Magnum: 100 points
    Team Maybs/r2maybs: 100 points
    The Blue Lagoon/mesachick: 100 points
    Umi no wani/Evande: 95 points
    Weak & Grumpy/scoot13: 100 points

Overall Scores and Rankings:
    1. Dixie Dolphins, Fang Manihiki, Katís Brats: 330 points
    2. Jigsaw, Team 69, Team Maybs, The Blue Lagoon, Weak & Grumpy: 300 points
    3. Bucket, FameWhores, Pating, Umi no wani: 285 points
    4. Koltonís Kandy Klub: 275 points
    5. Crabby Dalmatian: 270 points
    6. nevertravelsawonga: 260 points
    7. Rogue Waves, Calm Seas: 255 points
    8. Ride the Winds: 240 points
    9. King Kong: 230 points
    10. Hippocampus Stampede: 225 points
    11. Hear Me Roar!: 210 points
    12. Coral Reef: 185 points

Our episode starts at the crack of noon, with the pool teams gathering at Redemption Island to watch a duel between Coral Reef, Hear Me Roar, and Hippocampus Stampede, voted out at the last tribal council. Hippocampus Stampede realizes theyíre still wearing their rubber finger from the officeótheir elimination was so quick and unexpected they forgot to remove it before heading to Redemption. They take it off and give the finger to Katís Brats for safekeeping and then focus on the duel.

Their challenge is to untangle a 500 foot spool of kite string and then get their kite up in the air to the full extension of the string. The first person to complete it gets to go back in the game. The second person to finish is safe from elimination. The third person to get their kite up is also safe from elimination but gets to have all the other pool teams point and laugh at them and call them names. Plus, they have to give Colton a backrub.

Hippocampus Stampede makes short work of untangling their kite string, having treed many a kite in their youth, and even a few this year! Plus, their sewing experience gives them an edge in dealing with tangled twine. Before you can say ďBenjamin FranklinĒ, they have their kite in the air.

Coral Reef also proves to be adept at unraveling string. They have their line untangled way ahead of Hear Me Roar. However, they struggle with getting their kite in the air. They canít seem to find the right current so their kite keeps slamming into the ground instead of going up. Hear Me Roar finally gets their string straightened out and gets their kite up ahead of Coral Reef. Hear Me Roar is safe! Coral Reef, get ready to give a quitter a massage!

The reward/immunity challenge starts shortly after the Redemption Island duel. Thereís just enough time for Jigsaw and Bucket to sneak off and gorge on bananas before everyone has to head back to meet Jeff. Once again, the pool participants will be split into teams (garnet and gold). Each team will be paddling out into the water to retrieve blocks. Theyíll use those blocks to build a staircase where they have to solve a puzzle. The first team to solve the puzzle wins the challenge. The losing team will go to tribal council and vote someone out.

One person must sit out the challenge to make the teams even and Blue Lagoon is chosen. On the garnet team is Ride the Winds, Weak & Grumpy, Katís Brats, Koltonís Kandy Klub, Fang Manihiki, Jigsaw, King Kong, Team 69, and Hippocampus Stampede. The gold team is Umi no wani, Bucket, Rogue Waves Calm Seas, Crabby Dalmatian, nevertravelsawonga, Dixie Dolphins, Pating, Team Maybs, and FameWhores.

The garnet team takes the lead in the first part of the challenge, quickly retrieving their boxes and starting on the puzzle. The gold team keeps their cool even though they have some setbacks retrieving their blocks and start on the puzzle a few minutes behind the garnet team.

Jigsaw, contrary to their name, proves to be as bad at solving puzzles as Winston on New Girl (ďOr Ciera on Survivor!Ē, shouts Blue Lagoon from the bench, with a mischievous grin). Their lead is quickly eaten up as they struggle to get the pieces in place. They fall behind, and the gold team wins the challenge!

At tribal council Jigsaw gets a few votes but lingering tension between Hippocampus Stampede and Katís Brats (who hasnít forgiven Hippocampus for giving them the finger at Redemption) lead to the Brat Pack (Katís Brats, Fang Manihiki, and Dixie Dolphins) voting out Hippocampus Stampede again. Theyíll return to Redemption Island with Coral Reef and Hear Me Roar.

Congratulations to Dixie Dolphins, Fang Manihiki, and Katís Brats for having the highest weekly and overall scores!

Love your weekly synopsis Pikachu lol
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Me too! WTG Pikachu, and my team
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Great job pikachu.

Gee Wiz! My team is terrible.
    As far as giving Colton a back rub....

I love the synopsis each week too. Thanks so much Pikachu....its hilarious.

I am actually rooting for one of my own tribe members to get kicked off next week because I like my reserve replacement members better and want one of them to start earning me some points...LOL. At least I think that will help my team's lousy scores.

Wani was exuberant this morning as I fixed some oatmeal for myself, and chopped up a raw chicken for him (At least I think so, it's hard to tell the difference between a happy crocodile and an angry one). Wani had benchmarked JohnnyK's results as something to try and beat, and look at us now! It's nothing against Johnny personally, Wani just didn't want to lose to a random selection. He's so cute when he tries to jump for joy, his little legs just can't get it done. He ends up looking like he's doing the world's shortest push up.
    Personally, I don't know much about football, but I do know that Brad is not my favourite retired NFL Culpepper. (Whaddup Daunte?) I laughed when he went to Redemption last night with his tail between his legs and woke up John (pool member) and Candice. If Caleb devised that plan, I give him credit.

Merci, Pikachu. C'est formidable!

ETA oops got my AR personality and Survivor one confused.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread