+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Tyson - Blood vs Water (Vet)

Re: Tyson - Blood vs Water (Vet)

Tyson has never been a particular favorite of mine. However, I am impressed that he got the fire started within 15 minutes. I liked that he gave credit where it was due in naming who taught him to make fire with bamboo, as well as retaining the knowledge and implementing it. It seems like returning players in particular should all have that knowledge, but that's clearly not the case, since they all said he is the one who was able to start the fire. I bet BR was proud of him tonight!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I was incredibly impressed with the firestarting... did BR do that well? I feel like going out and getting some bamboo and practicing!

I can't imagine anyone going on this show without having learned how to make fire. It would just be stupid!

BR taught Tyson well.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I was incredibly impressed with the firestarting... did BR do that well? I feel like going out and getting some bamboo and practicing!
    I didn't recall BR having any particular affinity for it, but Tyson is the one who said that BR taught him, and that it looked/was easy. I also don't remember a lot of stuff I see, so they may have shown BR doing that on the show and I wouldn't know

It can be easy if you know what you are doing and have the right materials to work with. The one guy on Dual Survivor (Cody?) makes it look crazy easy. He can almost always get fire started fairly quickly. I can only remember one show that I saw where he wasn't able to do it. But, in comparison both guys on Dual Survivor with him can't achieve the same results with consistancy, so I suppose it just depends.

But it seems like it is something to practice for sure before coming on survivor, and particularly when it's the second or third or even fourth time. They usually give flint by the third day now, but those first days it can make a difference. It may have even been the reason why it was so much harder for the loved ones team having a hard time with the mental aspect - the lack of food that the returnees had.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I can't imagine anyone going on this show without having learned how to make fire. It would just be stupid!

BR taught Tyson well.

I think I say that every season .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post

BR taught Tyson well.
    You would have to practice with bamboo and it would have to be green. I am not sure that can be easily found.

But you could at least learn the mechanics of the process, no? Using green bamboo would make the process more difficult, sure, but with time and proper form you would get it going.

I am liking Tyson a lot so far this go round. He seems to really have come prepared and he has his head squarely in the game. I hope he goes far. I like his g/f too for that matter.
    sweetpea and JohnnyK like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Breast Cancer Awareness! Passepartout's Avatar

Hope that Tyson will keep a cool head and not be such a jerk the first time we saw him. He seems so far, so good all around.
    Breast Cancer Awareness!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Passepartout View Post
    Hope that Tyson will keep a cool head and not be such a jerk the first time we saw him. He seems so far, so good all around.
    Guess you have not seen the new preview!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast