+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Tina - Blood vs Water (Vet)

Re: Tina - Blood vs Water (Vet)

This is such terrible news, my prayers are with them both, and the rest of their family.

Last I heard, no one is forced to attend the reunion, though everyone who attends is given quite a bit of money (I believe 10 grand) in addition to their prize for how they placed. I kind of hope they'll be there just because they were such an important part of the season especially with the upcoming duel, but at the same time I cannot hold it against them at all not to attend. Between this tragedy and BB's recent passing, I'm guessing this will be a somber reunion.

I think the show will leave it up to them.
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Who is BB? What sleaze? I haven't watched it that closely except for last year so I'm not sure what you are talking about.
    Punkin likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Yeah, who is BB?

I really feel that Survivor is above the word "sleaze". There may be controversy, disagreement over this or that, but Survivor and TAR have remained "G" rated as far as Family viewing is concerned. Big Brother just gets sleazier every year (and we know just how sleazy and disgusting), though CBS shows the TV audience just enough to titillate and the on-line rags fill in the blanks for the curious.

I think that big CBS Reality vets club will rally around Tina (first reality woman crowned winner!) and her family and whatever the family feels is best for them will be respected. This is no situation for contracts to be involved or enforced. CBS knows that.

This just reminds me how fortunate I am tonight with no family tragedy to deal with at the holidays. But none of us know what might come tomorrow.
    ilja, jucamer, Photobabe and 1 others like this.

Really wonder what Tina and Katie will say when they meet at the reunion. As hope that Jeff and everybody from Survivor and the PR will be respectful and mindful. Treating this the way that they need to be treated with respect and dignity!
    Happy New Year 2015!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Who is BB? What sleaze? I haven't watched it that closely except for last year so I'm not sure what you are talking about.
    BB Andersen was on the infamous Pagong tribe with Gervase--he was an older man, opinionated but good at construction--built a sturdy structure but criticized everyone who didn't (in his eyes) work hard on building it. Not surprisingly, an early boot. His tribe went into the merge a minority and were voted out one by one until all were gone...or "Pagonged" as the verb came to be in the Survivor, and even general reality TV, world. BB died of brain cancer and a stroke according to the internet. If you google BB Survivor you'll find a lot of sites--he was an interesting intelligent guy, and back in the day when we thought Survivor was about survival skills he seemed like a great fit for the show. Now we know better!
    Punkin likes this.

BB Andersen, the second person voted out of the first season of Survivor, passed away recently. I imagine they'll play a brief tribute to him at the reunion, like they did during the Heroes vs Villains reunion after Jenn Lyon died.

While I can't stand the way Probst had handled some of the recent reunion shows, I certainly wouldn't call Survivor "sleaze" certainly not compared to some of the other reality shows on the air, and I must say that I cannot picture Probst doing anything disrespectful towards Tina and Katie in this difficult time.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    BB Andersen, the second person voted out of the first season of Survivor, passed away recently. I imagine they'll play a brief tribute to him at the reunion, like they did during the Heroes vs Villains reunion after Jenn Lyon died.

While I can't stand the way Probst had handled some of the recent reunion shows, I certainly wouldn't call Survivor "sleaze" certainly not compared to some of the other reality shows on the air, and I must say that I cannot picture Probst doing anything disrespectful towards Tina and Katie in this difficult time.
    No I cant either. Like Big Brother, The Survivor family is pretty close knit. I think Jeff will be nothing but a gentleman when it comes to this sensitive subject. I don't see anything sleazy with this show. I don't agree with everything they do, but that goes for many shows
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh yeah, I do remember the sleaze from the first season. The dude walking around naked has never regained my respect even though he was the winner, if I remember correctly. Now that I think about it, that was one of the main reasons I did not get hooked on Survivor in the early years. I have no desire to watch folks in the buff on my TV.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I have no desire to watch folks in the buff on my TV.
    Richard Hatch. That's why he did it, at least the first season, because he wanted as much privacy from the cameramen as possible.
    jucamer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast