Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Caleb - Blood vs Water (New)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Caleb - Blood vs Water (New)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    no..no...no...NO...NOOOOOOOOOO OOOO!!
    I get what you're saying.

But really. I do. I'd want to see them, not for Colton, but like I said, for them together merely out of curiosity, seeing as how different they seem so far.
    Punkin likes this.

Please do not have CBS destroy Amazing Race for me. Never is too soon to see Colton again. Who knows how long they'll be together after Survivor ends? Caleb seems like a nice person so I hope his eyes are opened sooner rather than later.
    holly71, scoot13 and AZChristian like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

He knows who Colton is, make no mistake. He said that he is Colton's tether; he keeps him grounded. Opposites do attract.
    Punkin and ilja like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I wonder what Caleb's family & friends think of Colton?

They probably can't stand him!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I'm sure that Caleb sees something in Colton that many of us don't. Maybe he sees the person that I see. I see Colton as spoiled and bratty, yes. But I also see that he's sweet and vulnerable and insecure underneath. The bad behavior is a front and a defensive mechanism. Growing up gay in the South has probably been difficult. I live in the south and have many gay friends and have seen how difficult it is for them firsthand on a daily basis. I'm not excusing his bad behavior but I understand it. I think if they were on the same tribe we would be seeing a very different Colton. I suspect we would be seeing the real Colton.

♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫
    ~* stacerace76 *~
    ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Punkin likes this.

I am sure he is somewhat different, but I have gay friends that cannot stand him, I mean they really cannot stand him. They wont watch survivor this time while he is on it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Colton just needs to grow up. A lot of people struggle in different ways, and while I can excuse acting out to some degree as a defence mechanism, Colton's apparent pleasure while he was bullying Christine endlessly, calling Leif a "midget" and referring to Bill as "ghetto trash" tells me his behaviour is primarily due to being a privileged rich white man who obviously felt it was ok to look down on those who are different from him, all the while bemoaning the fact that he was not treated well for being gay.

So far we've seen him snap at Kat during the challenge, which often happens in Survivor as a result of frustration. Fair enough. If he starts bashing people next week for being poor or black or a woman, then I will know he hasn't changed one whit.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Colton just needs to grow up. A lot of people struggle in different ways, and while I can excuse acting out to some degree as a defence mechanism, Colton's apparent pleasure while he was bullying Christine endlessly, calling Leif a "midget" and referring to Bill as "ghetto trash" tells me his behaviour is primarily due to being a privileged rich white man who obviously felt it was ok to look down on those who are different from him, all the while bemoaning the fact that he was not treated well for being gay.

So far we've seen him snap at Kat during the challenge, which often happens in Survivor as a result of frustration. Fair enough. If he starts bashing people next week for being poor or black or a woman, then I will know he hasn't changed one whit.
    Especially since Kat is an annoying little twit herself. I remember how she was terribly frustrating to her tribe mates during the challenges in her last season. There may have been something we didn't see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I don't really buy this relationship. What would he see in Colton? They seem to have nothing in common. I bet it is just a short term relationship that they played up when a chance to get back on TV came up.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    I don't really buy this relationship. What would he see in Colton? They seem to have nothing in common. I bet it is just a short term relationship that they played up when a chance to get back on TV came up.
    They've been together for awhile. They were together when Colton was on the show before. It's definitely a legitimate relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast