+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Colton - Blood vs Water (Vet)

Re: Colton - Blood vs Water (Vet)

Sorry, but in this case I agree with Probst. I can't stand Jon Dalton, never could, and never want to see him again on my tv. What did did with faking his grandmother's death on Survivor, I found totally despicable. I saw him afterwards on a couple of reality shows, and he was as obnoxious as ever. He came close to ruining Ty Murray's Celebrity Bullriding Show for me.
    stacerace76 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I can't stand Jon Dalton, never could, and never want to see him again on my tv.
    I think you mean Fairplay, and I agree with you. I couldn't stand the little brat.

Now back to Colton, since this is this thread....I could handle a Colton who goes in with the idea of stirring the pot (a la Hantz) as his gameplay, in order to create chaos on his tribe because, as he says, he can "rule in chaos" - however that's not what Colton is doing. First he tries to be the guy wanting to redeem his reputation, which obviously lasted about a day and a half. When he couldn't keep that up, he's now trying to be the ultimate gameplayer guy (does he even realize he's playing with two previous WINNERS here?) who doesn't think anyone else has their head in the game. That also won't work with this group, so next week it looks like he will become the sobbing "my real life love means more to me than this game!" guy - and I'll believe it about as much as I believed Fairplay's dead grandma story.
    holly71 and Florimel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I think you mean Fairplay, and I agree with you. I couldn't stand the little brat.

Now back to Colton, since this is this thread....I could handle a Colton who goes in with the idea of stirring the pot (a la Hantz) as his gameplay, in order to create chaos on his tribe because, as he says, he can "rule in chaos" - however that's not what Colton is doing. First he tries to be the guy wanting to redeem his reputation, which obviously lasted about a day and a half. When he couldn't keep that up, he's now trying to be the ultimate gameplayer guy (does he even realize he's playing with two previous WINNERS here?) who doesn't think anyone else has their head in the game. That also won't work with this group, so next week it looks like he will become the sobbing "my real life love means more to me than this game!" guy - and I'll believe it about as much as I believed Fairplay's dead grandma story.
    His real name is Dalton
    Colton wants to skip the game, and he wants to win .He wants the fame. he doesn't care about anything in-between ,He behaves like a silly petulant child and he needs to be gone- soon!
    Florimel likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Fairplay was a knickname ("because, as he explains it, he doesn't . . . snicker, snicker"). I believe Florimel is correct that his real name is Jon Dalton, or something like that.

From Dalton Ross' interview of Jeff Probst about last evening, an interesting comment that Jeff apparently has felt that Colton "engineered" his first quit. That could explain why it turned out not to be a burst appendix, just a vague stomach flu or similar. Also, apparently, that Jeff was not in favor of Colton being part of this season.
    doolollie likes this.

I did NOT remember that! I was thinking Dalton Ross when I saw Dalton. Shows how much attention I really pay to old contestants. But good for you for using his real name and not the made up one. Although I have to say I pay attention when I see Boston Rob's name and that's gimmicky, so I'd better eat my words.

I can see Colton quitting when the going gets rough, but trying to make it seem like it's not his fault. He seems like a 'pass the buck' kind of guy. But I do remember that he was quite seriously ill when he was medivac'd from his season. It was a bacterial infection I believe, which can be very serious if not treated.

I do remember that he was quite seriously ill when he was medivac'd from his season. It was a bacterial infection I believe, which can be very serious if not treated.
    As I recall, the original very serious health diagnosis turned out to not be correct and it was something much less mundane, but from the way he was acting, not bearable. Perhaps he took a fairly minor tummy upset and blew it up out of proportion so he could get out of there.
    holly71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    From Dalton Ross' interview of Jeff Probst about last evening, an interesting comment that Jeff apparently has felt that Colton "engineered" his first quit. That could explain why it turned out not to be a burst appendix, just a vague stomach flu or similar. Also, apparently, that Jeff was not in favor of Colton being part of this season.
    I laughed out loud when, in the introduction portion of the first episode, Jeff introduced Colton as having been medivaced from his season due to a mysterious ailment... I thought that spoke volumes as to how much he actually believed Colton had anything truly wrong with him.
    holly71 likes this.

Nod, I used his real name of Jon Dalton because I've chosen to never dignify his choices by using his made up name. I should have explained that in my post for those who didn't know his real name..
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I'm sure Colton may have been over dramatizing his "appendicitis" during his first season, but from what I understand it was a pretty bad bacterial infection in his stomach and his intestines that needed antibiotics to treat. He could have been just fine staying, but I for one wouldn't want to mess around with an untreated infection of any kind while living the way they do. Who knows, he could be full of crap, but that was the "official" explanation via an Entertainment Weekly interview with him.

Now, if he suddenly comes down with some other mysterious ailment next week, all bets are off!!

I'm sure Colton may have been over dramatizing his "appendicitis" during his first season, but from what I understand it was a pretty bad bacterial infection in his stomach and his intestines that needed antibiotics to treat. He could have been just fine staying, but I for one wouldn't want to mess around with an untreated infection of any kind while living the way they do. Who knows, he could be full of crap, but that was the "official" explanation via an Entertainment Weekly interview with him.

Now, if he suddenly comes down with some other mysterious ailment next week, all bets are off!!
    He will just cry - cry and get attention .I hope Jeff rolls his eyes - and helps him self evict
    holly71 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread