Thread: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

Re: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

I was thinking the same thing Bearcata, I don't even remember who she is
    kev89 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

I couldn't remember who Allie was. I looked up her picture and I still don't remember her. Even if she was on stage she would have been ignored. Sherri was 3rd and she was invisible!
    kev89 and jucamer like this.

Not even Cochran remembered who she was...remember "which blonde was she again?"

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    Not even Cochran remembered who she was...remember "which blonde was she again?"

Oh yes,that right!! well the beautiful ones just hung out together
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Really? Six family members EACH? Did the show tell them to do that, or was it just the chance to have a holiday, attend the taping of the show, go to LA, watch their loved one on tv, etc? If that is the case, then being on stage and, as she says, most likely being ignored by Jeff P, isn't really that much different than being in the front row, being ignored by Jeff P.
    I totally agree with this part. She does have valid complaints, but I really don't see the purpose of bringing along that many people, especially when you're the 2nd one out and may or may not be asked one extremely brief question. The loved ones would just be sitting in the audience as you sit on stage silently for the whole thing, but in this case they were just sitting silently in the audience. And given that Erik and Eddie weren't spoken to in 5th and 4th place, I highly doubt that Jeff would speak to Allie even if she was on stage.

Like I said before, I didn't mind the absence of pre-jury boots specifically, but I did mind that in place of them, they talked to people with no relevance to the current season. Given this alternative, I would have liked to see the pre-jury people. The Philippines reunion was very good, because everyone got a question, despite there being some big characters on the season.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Really? Six family members EACH? Did the show tell them to do that, or was it just the chance to have a holiday, attend the taping of the show, go to LA, watch their loved one on tv, etc? If that is the case, then being on stage and, as she says, most likely being ignored by Jeff P, isn't really that much different than being in the front row, being ignored by Jeff P.

I get it, they felt dissed and with good reason if they had been lead on to think it was going to be a normal reunion and they would all be on stage. But the family members / expenses thing I don't think is a valid rant unless they were told to go to that expense. Nobody who was the 2nd or 3rd person voted out needs to spend that kind of cash to bring along all those people, IMO.

Okay ... first of all, each contestant was allowed to bring Six guests. I don't know the price of a ticket to the Survivor Finale ... but I presume it theirs were comp'd. So, it was an exciting opportunity for her and her loved ones.

Allie says at the Dress Rehearsal they were seated on the stage ... and she was told 2 of her dresses were too short for the bleachers on stage and that the other was the same color as Fran's ... so she was sent to buy another to wear on stage and missed time that would have been spent with her family because she had to go shopping.

They were told the night of the show that they would not be on stage so they were blindsided by this.

So ...they were definitely lead on .... and being so totally ignored was really inexcusable and very unkind.

We know she was nobody "special" on the show ... but this was certainly anticipated as being special by her and her family/guests.
    Duckyface likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I don't know if anyone posted this or not. Interesting interview with Erik. There is also an interview with Dawn and with Cochran.

Evacuated Erik Reichenbach slams the 'Survivor: Carmoaon' reunion show | Inside TV | EW.com
    Good interview!
    Nice to know Sherri didn't shut him down like they tried to make it look on the show!
    I love that he called them out on the awfulness of the reunion show & also that he called them out on the editing of the show.
    Go Eric!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

So the biggest part of her complaint, then, is she had to go shopping for another dress and missed some time out to dinner with her family, because she was told she would need a longer dress in order to sit on the stage. Then they found out they had to sit in the audience. Ok, I get that this would be an annoyance, but I have to seriously doubt this would ruin the entire experience for her to the extent that she would have to rant about it.

No, honestly I think she had her nose out of joint because she didn't get the attention she thought she should get. I completely understand Eric and Eddie having a valid complaint that they were ignored. They lasted right to the end, and I would have loved to hear from them rather than hear about Rudy's views on gay issues, or a tween being too tongue-tied to say something to Malcolm. But I'm sorry, this girl's complaints just scream sour grapes to me. I understand, of course, that others might think differently, but I think she should just be grateful for the experience and put it past her, which she probably has.

I don't think the show intended to disrespect the pre-jury crew. It sounds like they were scrambling to deal with the Brandon issue and it happened. Suck it up and deal with it, Allie.

And just one other thing, it would definitely be an exciting thing to have their tickets comp'd for this event, but that doesn't mean people should complain about how much it cost to have friends and family attend (hotels, flights). Nobody forced them to go!
    waywyrd, Hyper and GabbyG like this.

I agree with this and your other post sweetpea, suck it up princess!
    -Andy Rooney-

Sorry sweetpea ... and fannyshe may seem like a wannabe princess ... but her complaints are valid and justified.

She was fooled by this crew. Any organization who's representative says ... so how do you like them apples is self important and has no consideration.

They thought they would have a lasting memory .... if only their silent faces on the stage.

Many moons ago, I was invited to be a guest on a talk show ... but a Doctor who was more important (?) than me got my spot on the stage. BUT ... the hostess came down to my audience seat ... and discussed my perspective of the topic under discussion. I wasn't a bit offended ...it was probably easier for me ... it was explained & handled very well ... and I felt appreciated ... and I understood the priorities.

Allie and the other second class Survivors don't feel appreciated and that is a big mistake. If you think I am so wrong ... please do look at Erik's rant.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread