+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree453Likes

Thread: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

Re: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

I think Boston Rob is great and I enjoyed seeing him.
    As for Rudy ... that was all set up by thr producers and in my eyes he did no wrong. He's an old hero, probably with a touch of dementia and setting him up that way was I think, it touch of that survivor cruelty. "C'Mon Dawm ... say it like you mean it" . Do you know what I mean?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Rudy did no wrong as far as I'm concerned either. He's from his own own era in the military. He's never been politically correct he's sure not going to change at this stage of his life. What he said was not said with malice and that makes all the different for me.
    Duckyface and ilja like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Thanks for that info, no I hadn't had a chance to read it yet. That would suck. I always thought the show would cover all the costs of transportation and accommodation while there? . Honestly, why would people even bother going if it would cost them a fortune to do so, and if they were very unlikely to get much air time if they were among the first few voted off? Something seems off there.

About the comparison to BRob vs Dawn. That's a good question. After thinking about it a bit, I see it this way: BRob did in fact lie and stab people in the back. He did so to further his game and he did so without apparent malice or enmity. There was nothing personal in it, as he always insisted, and he seemed to get along with most people while on the island, made it fun for people, etc. Dawn, on the other hand, was just so darned NEEDY all the time. It was always the crying, the paranoia, the hysterics, the OTT reactions to immunity wins, or voting someone off, or losing her retainer. She seemed to take so much from everyone. Everyone said it was really hard to be around her 24/7. Even she admits she was a total pill. So her closest alliance members try to support her, sustain her, reassure her, etc and she turns around and stabs them in the back (except for Cochran).

Of course, I have always liked Rob and have made no apologies for it. So this is just my opinion.
    I agree sweetpea. I've always liked Boston Rob and in some ways Cochran played just like him. They both always thought ahead, watched everyone and struck first if any threat was posed to themselves. They also both had a sense of humour about the game and themselves. I mentioned this somewhere else but Dawn reminded me of Lisa from last season. Both played a very emotional game with lots of crying. Both formed emotional, personal bonds with people they then had to vote off and it was held against them. Cochran played more like Denise. Still friendly but a little more detached. Neither season had the emotional player win. I just think that this game does not reward emotional game play. The more emotionally people get attached to each other, the more likely they will hold a grudge when you eventually get rid of them. It is just the nature of the beast.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Good grief! I've not watched Survivor for the past four weeks before the finale. Watched the finale (2 days late). Where did my Survivor Love go?

It was a good enough season, I suppose, but not enough to make me want to tune in every Wednesday night (have it on DVR). I watched the finale without having watched the previous 4 episodes. From someone who's been been watching almost constant since 2000 says something about either (a) the show or (b) about me or (c) both of us

I don't understand why everyone was so mad at Dawn. I've given this a bit of thought (again, I've not watched much of the last part, but still) .... she betrayed people. she voted off people she'd made promises to.

I'm wondering HOW is that different from that others have done in the past? Boston Rob? He was LOVED and voted off people he'd made promises to. What made Dawn's broken promises so much harder to digest than the other preceeding her?

ED.... I'm wondering if it's harder for a woman to be a backstabber and get away with it than for a man. Hmmmmm.
    I think maybe it's harder for a 40 something Mormon mom to be a backstabber than boiling it down to just being a female. Pavarti is pretty beloved and she was a snake. I didn't like her, but it had more to do with her than her game. Pavarti didn't go in and play the "mom" card and nurture everyone and then stab them in the back, but Dawn did.

I also think Dawn's incessant crying made it harder for her to get votes. Imagine spending 39 days with that. I'd have been ready to vote her off long before.
    GabbyG and Midol like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Thanks for that info, no I hadn't had a chance to read it yet. That would suck. I always thought the show would cover all the costs of transportation and accommodation while there? . Honestly, why would people even bother going if it would cost them a fortune to do so, and if they were very unlikely to get much air time if they were among the first few voted off? Something seems off there.

About the comparison to BRob vs Dawn. That's a good question. After thinking about it a bit, I see it this way: BRob did in fact lie and stab people in the back. He did so to further his game and he did so without apparent malice or enmity. There was nothing personal in it, as he always insisted, and he seemed to get along with most people while on the island, made it fun for people, etc. Dawn, on the other hand, was just so darned NEEDY all the time. It was always the crying, the paranoia, the hysterics, the OTT reactions to immunity wins, or voting someone off, or losing her retainer. She seemed to take so much from everyone. Everyone said it was really hard to be around her 24/7. Even she admits she was a total pill. So her closest alliance members try to support her, sustain her, reassure her, etc and she turns around and stabs them in the back (except for Cochran).

Of course, I have always liked Rob and have made no apologies for it. So this is just my opinion.
    I don't think she said her own personal expense. I think she was talking about the guests she invited like her parents or siblings. I think they have to buy their own clothes but they do get transportation and board while they're there.

And I hate BR and always have. I think he's way overrated and it took him 3 times to finally win the thing and even then he only did it because everyone laid down and died for him. I wish he'd go away for good.
    GabbyG likes this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

And I hate BR and always have. I think he's way overrated and it took him 3 times to finally win the thing and even then he only did it because everyone laid down and died for him. I wish he'd go away for good.
    Four, actually, which makes him worse

I read that Richard Hatch was originally set to go up against Russell in Redemption Island, but since he couldn't leave the country or whatever, they got Rob. And yes I dislike Rob too.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I hate BR and always have. I think he's way overrated and it took him 3 times to finally win the thing and even then he only did it because everyone laid down and died for him.
    I think he won the last time because of his brilliant buddy system maneuver. He pwned the entire tribe. Straight out of 1984 - no one had a chance to talk to anyone else about blindsiding him.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    Allie's rant about the reunion, it's an interesting read. I apologize in advance if this was already put up.

http://www.facebook.com/allie.pohevi...00909565884740
    Ok, I skimmed this (I really dislike reading facebook rants where people need to remember that long rambling paragraphs are evil). The very first part is what irritated me and honestly, the part I don't understand. I get the buying 3 dresses thing, I get being mad at the confusion, etc.

But why, unless you are one of the potential three winners of a million dollars, do you need to fly out multiple family members, at your own expense (or their expense) to see you sit on the stage when, as she says herself multiple times, "nobody gives a crap and they won't ask you any questions anyway"?

She says
    There were 8 of us in the audience who flew out 6 family members a piece, made them pay money for hotel rooms which were not cheap
    Really? Six family members EACH? Did the show tell them to do that, or was it just the chance to have a holiday, attend the taping of the show, go to LA, watch their loved one on tv, etc? If that is the case, then being on stage and, as she says, most likely being ignored by Jeff P, isn't really that much different than being in the front row, being ignored by Jeff P.

I get it, they felt dissed and with good reason if they had been lead on to think it was going to be a normal reunion and they would all be on stage. But the family members / expenses thing I don't think is a valid rant unless they were told to go to that expense. Nobody who was the 2nd or 3rd person voted out needs to spend that kind of cash to bring along all those people, IMO.

She has some valid complaints, but she seems like a pill.
    GabbyG and kev89 like this.

Considering each contestant who appears at the reunion gets a $10,000 appearance fee I don't feel that sorry for Allie, but still if it was me and unless I was a potential winner of the million dollars I wouldn't have brought any of my family members.
    NCLurker, GabbyG and kev89 like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Considering each contestant who appears at the reunion gets a $10,000 appearance fee I don't feel that sorry for Allie, but still if it was me and unless I was a potential winner of the million dollars I wouldn't have brought any of my family members.
    Neither would I. Maybe a close friend or my significant other, and make a little holiday out of it. And yes, if they got $10,000 for an "appearance fee" and their own expenses paid for? Nope, don't feel sorry for her on that front. Did she and others feel they should have had that little bit more exposure by being on stage? If so, then fine, she can be miffed at that. Having to drive all over town to get a new dress, and then miss dinner with her family? Pffft.

Sorry, her rant just seems kind of silly to me.
    GabbyG and kev89 like this.

+ Reply to Thread