+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree453Likes

Thread: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

Re: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

I can't comment on Allie's actual post, but I wanted to tell her I so agree and I feel so sorry that she and the other non-jurors were again punished for the production's STUPID IDIOTIC MORONIC AND SOPHOMORIC decision to have not just Brandon but Phillip back to create enough testosterone to beef up a Tyrannosaurus Rex. This is especially true after CBS saw the one fellow on Big Brother get ejected.

Even if the Hantzes said they'd sue the network if they had the non-jurors on without Brandon, they should've said "We can do whatever we want to as you were effectively EJECTED from the game (as ejected contestants other shows are not allowed to appear" and let the early outed contestants be on stage.

In fact, by NOT having the non-jurors on stage, and ignoring those medically evacc'ed (which I too feel that it's a bit controversial given that starvation hasn't eliminated a contestant before - Diane as an example), and putting on people who didn't have any relevance to this season just made it worse.

While I admit I loved how Jerri presented herself in her last season in the show - I would say she was the sweetheart of that season (in spite of being a "villain"), when she left the stage after that first all-stars season Jeff just mentioned she chose to leave, that the reunion was optional and others could leave if they wanted to. He further insulted Jerri for saying a rather truthful comment and having hurt feelings for saying it (that they are different than what the show portrays them as being), but here, he insulted a whole lot more contestants by doing this.

Fortunately for him I can't play - health issues - because if I were in Allie's shoes, I'd given up my winnings to slap Jeff silly, and told the network if he or they sued me or pressed charges, I'd countersue for the money that they cost me and my family to come to the reunion show to have me sit in the audience like I didn't spend 3, 6, or however many days I was trying to live out in the wild and competing on a show that could kill me.

Yes, I understand why Brandon not allowed in the reunion - but to punish the other contestants was out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I really don't see what the big thing is about just announcing that Brandon could not be there. If you must, say there are legal issues and we can't say more. I think everyone could read between the lines and then they could get on with the rest of the show. It still doesn't excuse all the filler crap they foisted on us...Rudy, the tween, Malcolm's soap appearance and even Boston Rob...who I normally love. (Him at least I get since Phillip brought him up every five seconds and referred to what he learned from him.) But, to tell them they would be there, make her go get another dress and then just blow them off...really bad, really bad. I hope they learn from the very negative coverage they are getting for this and never cast another Hantz or anyone like him!
    Have they (the producers) commented on this? Was this really because of Brandon Hantz? How do we know this again?

I am a little uninformed because I don't read all .... make that any of the social sites.

I don't know what to think about the Rudy/Hatch thing. It would have been more appropriate if they were celebrating the oldest living Survivor contestant ... or maybe there is a reason they wanted to give him a moment in the spotlight? It's interesting that this old hero* saying the Q word is so offensive now. The thing with Hatch and the sun screen I thought was demeaning to Rudy. This is all the doing of the producers.

I thought the BR thing was okay ... and appropriate as a gift for Phillip.

The Soap Opera thing and the little girl and all the focus on Malcolm was needless.

I don't know what they were thinking

* Rudy is a veteran and a hero. These people have no respect .... and it reminds me of the Vietnam episode on TAR.
    I still can't figure out why Rudy was there.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I really don't see what the big thing is about just announcing that Brandon could not be there. If you must, say there are legal issues and we can't say more. I think everyone could read between the lines and then they could get on with the rest of the show. It still doesn't excuse all the filler crap they foisted on us...Rudy, the tween, Malcolm's soap appearance and even Boston Rob...who I normally love. (Him at least I get since Phillip brought him up every five seconds and referred to what he learned from him.) But, to tell them they would be there, make her go get another dress and then just blow them off...really bad, really bad. I hope they learn from the very negative coverage they are getting for this and never cast another Hantz or anyone like him!
    I think the one positive aspect to this whole debacle is that fact that we'll probably never see a member of the Hantz family on Survivor again.
    holly71 likes this.

Jadewarlock forgive me if I have this wrong, but, I'm understanding that you think Eric left because of starvation. That is not the case. He had gotten hurt earlier and had a cut on his leg that had begun to get infected. He had previously discussed it with the doctors but they had agreed to wait and see how things went. Unfortunately, right after Brenda's ouster, he started getting dizzy and that is when the doctors decided that the infection was getting worse and could damage his organs and pulled him from the game. This was never explained on the show or at the reunion since they never bothered to talk to Eric. Apparently he was so disoriented that he thought Sherri had been voted out. He explained it all in an interview he did with Entertainment Weekly...where he totally dissed the whole reunion show.

Echo the producers haven't said anything on the subject but some of the other contestants seem to indicate that it was because of him. There is a link somewhere in here to a facebook page of Allie ... one of Reynold's beautiful crew ... where she explains what went down at the reunion and why everyone is so mad about it. It is pretty scathing and a good read.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Jadewarlock forgive me if I have this wrong, but, I'm understanding that you think Eric left because of starvation. That is not the case. He had gotten hurt earlier and had a cut on his leg that had begun to get infected. He had previously discussed it with the doctors but they had agreed to wait and see how things went. Unfortunately, right after Brenda's ouster, he started getting dizzy and that is when the doctors decided that the infection was getting worse and could damage his organs and pulled him from the game. This was never explained on the show or at the reunion since they never bothered to talk to Eric. Apparently he was so disoriented that he thought Sherri had been voted out. He explained it all in an interview he did with Entertainment Weekly...where he totally dissed the whole reunion show.
    No I know the whole story about Erik - my comment though is more based on what we saw that night, and yes, in the past they have had contestants collapse from heat dehydration/starvation situations (the aforementioned Diane from "Africa") and were allowed to return. I wish they had been more honest because in the situation as it really was, Erik would've had to be eliminated and it'd been sad, but at least more sense than the way they claimed it to be.

Sorry that I was confusing.

Echo the producers haven't said anything on the subject but some of the other contestants seem to indicate that it was because of him. There is a link somewhere in here to a facebook page of Allie ... one of Reynold's beautiful crew ... where she explains what went down at the reunion and why everyone is so mad about it. It is pretty scathing and a good read.
    Though I know this is addressed to Echo, but a thought:

Are they going to try to fine Allie, Erik and others for their comments and mentioning the behind the scenes stuff or try to not pay the contestants? That is a worry I have for them because they seriously earned that money and the appearance fee going through that nonsense, in addition to other compensation for the costs of bringing family and friends along to see them reminisce about their time on a very challenging show. And yes, I say anyone who is on there for even three days has my respect.

I read both Erik's and Allie's comments. But as an aside ... Allie said they spelled her name wrong on her check so apparently she got it.
    Allie's was a real rant and justified in my opinion.

Also .... Jeff did make a comment finally to EW ... that the pre-jury boots were in the audience because there was no room on stage .... and that they will probably continue to do it this way because it's hard to manage so many people anyway who had not much of a story since they left so early in the game.

There was also a question/controversy about their being an advantage in the Final Immunity challenge up for grabs ... and Probst basically said they produce it ... they make the decision ... and they will likely do it again! He closed that with "how do you like them apples?"

Fix.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I read both Erik's and Allie's comments. But as an aside ... Allie said they spelled her name wrong on her check so apparently she got it.
    Allie's was a real rant and justified in my opinion.

Also .... Jeff did make a comment finally to EW ... that the pre-jury boots were in the audience because there was no room on stage .... and that they will probably continue to do it this way because it's hard to manage so many people anyway who had not much of a story since they left so early in the game.

There was also a question/controversy about their being an advantage in the Final Immunity challenge up for grabs ... and Probst basically said they produce it ... they make the decision ... and they will likely do it again! He closed that with "how do you like them apples?"

Fix.
    I thought that interview with Dalton Ross was them basically trying to cover their butts. Allie pretty much called the not having enough room on stage a lie since they went through rehearsal using the bleachers like they always do. And I agree with Dalton about the advantage at the last immunity...I would prefer to see everyone go head to head. I thought Jeff was being quiet the a** in that interview and I suspect they are having quite the issues as a result of the whole mess that was the reunion show. I would love to know what the Hantz family are threatening them with for them to be so mumm on the subject.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

After the first few seasons, I began to have trouble seeing why so many people seemed to like Jeff Probst so much. Each season his ego has grown bigger and bigger and he now seems to be approaching Donald Trump in that aspect. He always came across as willing to do anything for ratings and the contestants were the last thing he cared about. It's just seemed that way to me for years. I never did watch his talk show if that's what it was and had no desire to do so.
    JohnnyK and Jaceegirl like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Someone mentioned a long time ago how Jeff just tends to favour the men of Survivor who have done well, from Colby, to Boston Rob, Ethan, to Malcolm. I'm not saying these guys don't deserve favour, but he does this to the detriment of women. The women they choose to represent the show are generally dumbasses. Do you think we'll ever see Denise as a spokesperson? I doubt it. It doesn't fit Jeff's MO of what Survivor winners should be. Yuck. And before anyone mentions Parvati or Stephanie L, or Jenna M., take a good hard look at how young and beautiful they are. Where are the Tina's, Denise's, Sandra's etc. It's almost as if these ladies winning don't count.

I want Survivor the game back, not this washed up on shore version of Big Brother.
    Couldn't agree with you more on your observation...Denise would make a fantastic rep for Survivor. A lot of the other "pretty" girls got far because they used their sexuality, like taking off their clothes for advantage. Who knows what else went on out there in that same vein??

But I still can't agree that Brenda's reason for doing what she did to Dawn was plain humiliation. Not at all...it was a challenge to see if Dawn really meant what she said. Unfortunately, humiliation was a ugly side affect and (I don't think) it was Brenda's Prime Directive.
    Just because it didn't change anything regarding the game doesn't mean it didn't prove something to Brenda. Yes, she was very hurt and angry and I think this settled something in her head about Dawn.
    But that's just what I perceive.....others see it differently and that's why I love FORT.

And also, I read Dawn's interview with EW.........to me, it just re-enforced my opinion of Dawn. I think I now like her even less. She's very self-involved and hides behind this goody goody persona. JMHO
    Florimel, Brooks, Hyper and 2 others like this.

FORT Regular

I don't have a problem with all the non-jury members not being on stage. I agree with Jeff that they typically don't have compelling stories. I can barely remember them when they do the walk of rememberance. However, I wish that meant more time was spent with the people on stage. I can't believe how much stupid fluff they put in. WTF was that segment with Richard?
    holly71 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread