+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree453Likes

Thread: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

First and foremost, I'm happy Cochran won. I do feel he played the best game out there. For the record, to the person who mentioned it, (sorry it's buried deep in the thread). Nerds are not getting cooler... they have always been cool, it's just people are starting to see it finally.

I can understand why people are happy Brenda got her revenge by telling Dawn to take her teeth out. The way I feel though, is that it should have ended there. Brenda completely humiliated Dawn and isn't that enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie
    Either way, I felt Dawn's on-air apology lacked some feeling when she said it- it sounded more like "yeah..yeah...Brenda knows I'm sorry....blah...blah...blah."
    Brenda made Dawn take out her teeth, Dawn lost in a clean sweep... how much does Brenda expect here? I think past this point, Brenda is playing the "poor little me" card, and it's pretty immature. Dawn has apologized to Brenda, but everyone demanding she do it over and over and on air is ridiculous. I don't blame Dawn if she was disingenuous... enough already.

The worst jury questions were Eddie's and Phillip's I think. It really showed the "bros over hos" attitude some of these guys held. Will you bro up with us Cochran? You could see that Cochran saw this coming and he played right into it. I would love to sit at the bar with you and all your masculine tomfoolery, if that is what it will take for me to win the million.
    For the record, I know I read earlier in the threads that Cochran and Malcolm tweeted they were out for drinks together. Malcolm is a far different guy than the other three chauvinists on the jury (Reynold, Eddie, and Phillip), and I think he may have even considered rewarding a women. The other three guys, I don't think there was a chance they'd reward any woman in the game.
    The most classy jury response was by Andrea. She was blindsided hard, but more than anyone, gets this game. I really like her, even if she IS completely blinded by muscles.

I thought the reunion show was really weak. Remember when they used to talk to the contestants? Now, it's all tweets from fans, comments from former players, and demands for apologies. I think it was the worst reunion show I've ever seen.

In 26 seasons of Survivor, I've never missed an episode. I'm not sure if I'm onboard next season... it will rely heavily on how they cast it.
    NCLurker, PWS, KeepItReal and 1 others like this.

I agree Brenda lost me when she made Dawn take out her teeth. I can think of a number of reasons why she did it....that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Brenda seems to really have needed the money because her facial expression when Malcolm won told the story. Probably has a lot to do with being pregnant but if it's more than that I respect that she didn't use it in the game. May be why she was so bitter in the end though. I guess either the Ponderosa videos didn't tell the entire tale or some of the other jurors got in her ear and set her off.

The thing I like about the show, regardless of the edit, is that almost everyone had some flaws shown. There were moments you had to like or dislike each of the contestants. Erik probably came off as the nicest, and I believe that Sherri blew his vote with her response. He knew she wasn't in the end game and looked willing to throw her a face saving vote before she went off on him. She's a sour woman that one is.

All in all with the three that were left, the right person won. Would have loved the opportunity to see how things would have turned out if Erik had stayed. That late in the game anyone leaving is a huge game changer.

Hated the finale. Boring, focused too much on the same people, and I like the entire cast on stage even if one of them is Brandon. Just don't invite him up there. Do a remote location like they did with Brenda. Whatever. I like the entire cast there and spoken to if even for a moment.

Next season is up in the air for me. The family twist is just not something that usually works out. What's wrong with a group of strangers who all have never played the game? Is that too much to ask for?
    spockwhat likes this.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

One thing I noticed when they showed the videos of Dawn's breakdowns which I hadn't really noticed before. Lots of shots of her face all screwed up - but no tears. Was she that dehydrated, or was she just acting as though she were crying? I felt kind of "played" by Dawn. Liked her most of the season, but if those were her true colors at the end, I chose badly who to like.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

It was my understanding from things said on twitter and articles backing it up that Brandon was asked to not even come to the "reunion" so they probably had the pre jury members off stage so that would not be the focus of the hour. Also, because of the events on twitter (Russell pretty much threatened Phillip, who Russell says is at fault for Brandon's pulled invite) I would be surprised if there will be a Hantz on next season. Maybe I am being optimistic but I hoping they (the producers/casting) have learned their lesson when it comes to the Hantz's
    Punkin and Midol like this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

FORT Regular

I guess Richard Hatch must need some lawyer $. And Rob must just need some $. Blech.

If CBS had Hatch on I would not expect them to not use the Hantz's for ratings.
    Last edited by xcptnl; 05-13-2013 at 09:35 AM.

In my mind Dawn was clearly in second place and Sherri in third but according to the rules of Survivor because neither Dawn or Sherri received any votes or if they had received the same number of votes they were tied for second place and therefore both received a $100,000. In addition all the contestants that show up for the Reunion Show receive a $10,000 appearance fee.
    Midol likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm thrilled Cochran won. He's been my choice to win since close to the beginning. I love his commentaries. I thought Dawn might get one or two votes. Her crying and emotional upheavals everyday did her in. She was trying to explain how strong she was but they'd all seen her crying and those two did not correlate in their minds.

I liked the final show but the reunion was terrible. First, they have two hours to show everything before the final votes are read. There's not a good reason to take time from the reunion show to show the voting part of FTC. The name reading portion I understand but no more. What was the purpose of that little girl's comment or Rudy or BR? Boston Rob's appearance made the most sense because Philip had talked about him so much this year but I don't think they should have talked to him to the disclusion of the rest of this year's cast (other than Brandon Hantz).

Brenda was obviously very hurt and wanted to humiliate Dawn which is why she asked her to take her teeth out. Dawn did not sound sincere in her apology but she said she's already apologized and once sincerely is all she needed to do.

I loved Andrea's attitude. Of course she wanted to win but she looked at it as a game and was proud of them for voting her out with the HII in her pocket, recognizing it was a good game move.

How do they determine second place when no votes were cast for any of the other two finalists?
    spockwhat, Midol and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    One thing I noticed when they showed the videos of Dawn's breakdowns which I hadn't really noticed before. Lots of shots of her face all screwed up - but no tears. Was she that dehydrated, or was she just acting as though she were crying? I felt kind of "played" by Dawn. Liked her most of the season, but if those were her true colors at the end, I chose badly who to like.
    You think Dawn was breaking down and fake crying? Why would she do that? Especially if everyone was saying it was a daily occurrence and annoying everyone. Not a great strategy. In fact from what the questions the jury was flinging at Dawn I get the impression if she hadn't broken down as much she would have gotten votes.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    I'm thrilled Cochran won. He's been my choice to win since close to the beginning. I love his commentaries. I thought Dawn might get one or two votes. Her crying and emotional upheavals everyday did her in. She was trying to explain how strong she was but they'd all seen her crying and those two did not correlate in their minds.

I liked the final show but the reunion was terrible. First, they have two hours to show everything before the final votes are read. There's not a good reason to take time from the reunion show to show the voting part of FTC. The name reading portion I understand but no more. What was the purpose of that little girl's comment or Rudy or BR? Boston Rob's appearance made the most sense because Philip had talked about him so much this year but I don't think they should have talked to him to the disclusion of the rest of this year's cast (other than Brandon Hantz).

Brenda was obviously very hurt and wanted to humiliate Dawn which is why she asked her to take her teeth out. Dawn did not sound sincere in her apology but she said she's already apologized and once sincerely is all she needed to do.

I loved Andrea's attitude. Of course she wanted to win but she looked at it as a game and was proud of them for voting her out with the HII in her pocket, recognizing it was a good game move.

How do they determine second place when no votes were cast for any of the other two finalists?
    See my above post #176.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    There's the old expression ... "Blood is thicker than water". This has to have something to do with family.
    They are going to have some returnees and they will be joined by loved ones to play the game.

+ Reply to Thread