+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree453Likes

Thread: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

Re: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

If anyone named Hantz or Mariano is on the next Survivor, I'll skip the season. Enough is more than sufficient.

Congrats to Cochran on a very much deserved win. He's not a bad looking young man and I suspect he won't have trouble getting attached. He is also extremely articulate; I like listening to him.

Rudy looking amazing. He'd look good for 65, never mind 85.
    captain, GabbyG and AZChristian like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Jeff tells the remaining 4 they have 3 days left and there's no additional food coming, that they have to earn it.
    I enjoy Survivor, but it has always bothered me that starvation is a foundation of the game. People win or lose on the basis their strategy, relationships, skills at challenges, etc., and none of that would be diminished if the players had reasonable food supplies. I don't think they need catered breakfasts and luaus on the beach, but providing bottomless buckets of rice and beans would keep them healthier and stronger, which would enable them to compete in challenges on a more equal footing. They could still fight for pizzas and cheeseburgers, but we wouldn't have to watch them grow weaker and sicker by the day. There is just no good reason to see someone collapse in the sand for lack of food.

thoughts...

No way no how was Eddie ever in position to win a million dollars even if the impossible happened after listening to him say that he would open a dog friendly bar with the money I know within a year he would have lost all that money.

Sherri, in one sense she did get herself to the final three but the perception of the others was that she was not a player. I do wonder if Erik was ready to give her a vote and she lost it arguing with him.

To be honest I thought it was a pretty even playing field between Cochran and Dawn during the final Tribal Council and I thought Cochran was a tiny bit ahead until all the jury members starting drilling Dawn and I really thought at the end of TC that Dawn had won. I must say I do not mind if either had won. I do think Dawn would have won if she had not been an emotional roller coster on a daily basis. If she had only one or two meltdowns that would have been OK. I also think there is a bit of a double standard when it comes to women playing vs men. I mean Phillip was down right mean saying he had no respect for Dawn and her constant meltdowns...ugh Phillip you had them too except maybe without the tears.

I do wish they would get rid of the walk of remembrance I don't think it really is necessary.

I also hope that young good looking guys with long hair will no longer be eligible for $100,000 fan prizes. It's a bit of a joke as all the tweens will vote for them.
    captain and spockwhat like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

If the F3 was Dawn, Eddie, and Sherri, then Dawn wins?

I also hope that young good looking guys with long hair will no longer be eligible for $100,000 fan prizes. It's a bit of a joke as all the tweens will vote for them.
    At least it doesn't affect the actual end-game, unlike with other shows.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    If anyone named Hantz or Mariano is on the next Survivor, I'll skip the season. Enough is more than sufficient.

Congrats to Cochran on a very much deserved win. He's not a bad looking young man and I suspect he won't have trouble getting attached. He is also extremely articulate; I like listening to him.

Rudy looking amazing. He'd look good for 65, never mind 85.
    Cochran sure did look cuter in the finale than I perceived him to be in the past.

He reminds me of my son! His mannerisms, facial features and hair, and measured way of speaking (and an interest in writing) are very, very similar to my son's! Although, my son is taller, and while smart, he's not Harvard Law smart.

That was weird. Soooo similar!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Kudos to Cochran for winning but also for growing up and accepting who he is. That might be another difference between him and my son. My son accepted who he is at a younger age, I think.

Anyway, I'll be curious to see what Cochran does with his life. He is an interesting one - and completely charming...but not without faults. I'd like to see him go out for drinks with the Bold and the Beautiful. I think sometimes the nerds of the world are more exclusive and snobby than the Malcom's of the world even though the nerds may think it is the other way around. Cochran (and my son) suffer from this a bit, I think. A good night of talking about differences would do both sides some good. Cochran might realize that Malcom is no dummy and they might have a good bit in common.
    Lil Bit and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Blood versus water. Hmm.
    There's the old expression ... "Blood is thicker than water". This has to have something to do with family.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Some random thoughts:
    So happy for Cochran! "Tweet me and I'll show you how much of a sex symbol I am" was hilarious and he looked nice. One of my favourite winners ever. I wasn't expecting it to be unanimous though; I expected Dawn to get 1 or 2 votes.

Felt horrible for Erik getting taken out so close to the end. I felt like this season would have been his "redemption" season (regardless of whether he won or not), to move on from giving up the necklace in the original FvF.

Eddie wanting to build a bar where people bring their dogs... really? He is an idiot, although I did gain some respect for him when he explained to Erik what the IV was for. Didn't care for his jury question. "Where will you be relative to the 3 amigos because we are awesome and good looking." Ugh.

I was happy that Dawn was somewhat honest when answering Reynold's question, and pointed out his biggest flaws (and the reason I dislike him so much). I thought that Dawn, being Dawn and trying to get votes may have given him 3 (phony) compliments.

I much prefer when people ask questions to the F2/3 rather than just ranting at them. I feel like if I was on the jury and I had already decided who I'd vote for, I'd think of a question to ask anyway.

I like Malcolm, but really, he was horrible at acting in the B & B clip. Happy he won fan fave though.

Didn't like how Erik and Michael were ignored at the reunion.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I expected it to be a unanimous vote for Cochran coming into TC and confirmed it after. Don't know why Dawn decided to back stab Brenda and expect to win her vote. Did she actually think she's going to win against Cochran? I would rather see Erik instead of Sheri in F3 but it seemed like if Erik wasnt medivaced, he would have aligned with Sheri and Eddie to take out Cochran.

So was that the first 8-0-0 vote in survivor history?

No. Earl won unanimously in Fiji and JT won unanimously in Tocantins.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I'm so glad none of the jury members asked the final 3 what they were going to do with the million dollars if they won. I've always felt those answers were never truly honest and more jury-butt-kisssing-answers to get their vote.

I really felt that since Dawn did take out her teeth that Brenda would vote for her- guess not. In her Ponderosa clip she didn't seem bitter at all and made mention that it was just a game. Either the producers had a hand in the fact they haven't spoken or Brenda was a still angry at her. Either way, I felt Dawn's on-air apology lacked some feeling when she said it- it sounded more like "yeah..yeah...Brenda knows I'm sorry....blah...blah...blah."

When Malcolm voted he said "this isn't who I was originally planning on voting for". I wonder who it was going to be?

+ Reply to Thread