+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree453Likes

Thread: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

FORT Fan

Re: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    That was kind of what I was thinking, too. They didn't want Brandon there, and to not obviously single him out, they didn't invite any of the pre-jurors back.

Some were in the audience, close to the front. I noticed Corinne, Shamar and perhaps a few others.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I'm on the west coast, so I'm not reading these comments right now. However, I wanted to pop in and say that Eddie has redeemed himself a lot by his behaviour during Eric's med evac. Eddie actually showed a brain and compassion - who knew?
    MsFaninNJ likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

A few points:

1. I knew Cochran was going to win this unless Eddie and/or Erik were in the mix. Sherri was never a threat to his winning and Dawn sealed her fate voting out Brenda. (BTW - last time I checked, second and third each get $100,000 if it's a tie, the difference of $75K and $100K if there is a vote i.e. 6-2-0).

2. I can't believe Sherri still seriously thought that she'd win at least a vote, and I felt that her comments to Erik were mean spirited.

3. Talk about a heck of a way to be eliminated so short to the finals. I really truly felt for Erik being eliminated that close to the finals, and I don't think Cochran would've won the final challenge had Erik been healthy as he was pretty good a puzzles.

4. Regarding 3, was SO GLAD Eddie was there to help tell Erik what was going on and what he was being given because while the on-site medics are kind and friendly, they aren't quite as close to the contestants as they are to each other. I think even the Medic was happy too.

5. I didn't watch much of the reunion, but I am in agreement that they didn't do the pre-jury boots this season because of Brandon. I feel for a lot of them, such as Francesca who was voted out first twice - a first - and oddly for being a "threat." I can understand the reason - there is no way I'd want Brandon and Phillip anywhere near each other.

6. I was hoping Rob would lay into Phillip and tell him that his supposed "rules" that he learned from Rob didn't make sense - and succinctly that Phillip was brought by Rob because he was a goat to guarantee that Rob would win the money.

7. Good to see Rudy there and he looks great for 85.

8. Rich can go hide under a rock, because he's in jail and/or still in default on taxes because he's claiming that the show said they'd pay them. I'm STUNNED CBS even bothers showing the guy given the lies he's espoused about that so-called 'promise' that always changes in aspects each time he tells it.

9. Would've liked to seen Brenda win fan favorite, but not surprised Malcolm did. I do think they were really the only two deserving who would've had a chance to win it. Francesca would be the third; however she was eliminated so soon hurt any chance she had.

10. Disconcerted with the idea for next season even with the speculation. If some of that comes true... this show will have jumped the shark.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    Brenda requested Dawn to pop out her teeth for everyone to see and to prove herself to Brenda!!!!

AND SHE DID IT!!!!
    I know there are a few people who have said Brenda's request was a bit petty and the like, but I'd like to give a slightly different perspective on it.

I think Brenda had Dawn do it to show if her comments about leaving the show were genuine or not if she had to play without the plate - be it a vanity issue or a health issue of sorts. Given that Dawn wouldn't do it and Brenda wouldn't back down, I think it told Brenda that she was being a drama queen.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I may be odd person out, but I had no problem with Brenda's behavior at Final Tribal. Dawn made that bed. Brenda just made her lie in it.
    holly71, Punkin, prhoshay and 12 others like this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MsFaninNJ View Post
    So the Hantz' playing rumor, may be true. Not loony Brandon, but his uncle versus his father, perhaps...
    I think CBS might have finally wised up, and are washing their hands of the Hantz family. They are a liability at this point with their antics. Willie getting kicked off of Big Brother, Brandon's meltdown on this season of Survivor, not to mention how he acted on his prior season, and then both he and Russell being banned from the reunion tonight. I'm really hoping that CBS is through with them. It's about damn time.
    Punkin and CharmOffensive like this.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Wow. Malcolm won Fan Fav over Brenda by 1%.

I'm shocked Cochran wasn't up there.
    I think Cochran got backlash from the Brenda ousting. I think he would have won it hands down if it wasn't for that. People felt sorry for Brenda so they voted in droves for her. I actually wish she'd won over Malcolm. I just don't get the love for him. I think he's full of himself and not at all sweet. And I think Reynold is better looking and more interesting than him. I really think that cool kids talk was to make for "good TV." I actually loved Reynold at tribal council when he told Dawn the truth shall set you free. Being called bad things didn't upset him at all. I appreciate that kind of attitude a lot more than Malcolm's. Yes I'm in the minority, but I'd love to see the final TC Reynold play again. He's a hoot.
    captain and pikachu like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

I liked the poetic finish where The Ultimate Fan, Cochran, wins 'Fans v. Favorites.'

Unlike in some previous seasons, it was very clear from the expressions on the faces of the jury who they were going to vote for.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I think Cochran got backlash from the Brenda ousting. I think he would have won it hands down if it wasn't for that. People felt sorry for Brenda so they voted in droves for her. I actually wish she'd won over Malcolm. I just don't get the love for him. I think he's full of himself and not at all sweet. And I think Reynold is better looking and more interesting than him. I really think that cool kids talk was to make for "good TV." I actually loved Reynold at tribal council when he told Dawn the truth shall set you free. Being called bad things didn't upset him at all. I appreciate that kind of attitude a lot more than Malcolm's. Yes I'm in the minority, but I'd love to see the final TC Reynold play again. He's a hoot.
    The good thing about Malcolm winning is that he took the $100K that he should have won last season.
    NCLurker likes this.

I was so nervous. I loved loved loved the final TC
    Sherri is a b###%,I would hate to work for her
    John, I ♥ you- I am so happy for you
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread