+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree547Likes

Thread: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I know people like to dissect this as a game and brilliant game play but for me it's always a game about how morally bankrupt people always win in the end. Always. Jusr like in life. I always go into this show praying someone good, decent and honest can somehow prevail despite being surrounded by muck. By scum. Tonight for the first time in a long time it made me sadder than usual. I can't understand how people like Cochran, Dawn and what's her face can be loved or respected by their families. Their scum. How can you love or respect or be proud of a family member who turns around and craps all over the person who gave your loved one the opportunity to be with you while she gave up the win for herself? Yeah yeah, I know it's all about game play, I know that. Brenda is too decent and kind and honest to win. And that's such a sad commentary. At least her Dad knows he raised a wonderful, decent human being. Maybe that's worth more than a million dollars. Having sad that, it made me a bit teary eyed when I saw Brenda's reaction to being voted off-I am glad she told them how hurt she is, because in her case, they absolutely -ripped her guts out in such a cruel way.
    So now, I think I'm going to root for Dead Man Walking , Eddie. Anyone but Dawn What an ungrateful witch-seriously, Brenda picked you to go on the barbecue, it's not like she purposely took it away from you. Get over it. I just feel so bad for Brenda.
    This is a silly game called Survivor - you can't believe that they are loved by their families????? Brenda did the same thing last week to Andrea- she shouldn't have been THAT shocked. Wouldn't she also be "scum" according to your analogy??? I laughed my butt off - I love when someone gets blindsided Cochran for the win!

I always thought the definition of a good person was one who did good deeds and did not expect anything in return.
    Hyper, spockwhat, KatesMom and 3 others like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl
    typical amoral turd
    Cochran
    scum
    Dawn, Cochran
    Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat
    darling, sweet Brenda (sarcasm)
    I saw us both as commenting on what we felt about the Survivor contestants. Of course, you have the right to your opinion about Dawn and Cochran as much as I have about Brenda... and I know I admitted upthread to liking her, I just myself do not see her as a martyr. (a person removed from the game from their belief that they are more humble and nicer than other people). I felt SHE saw herself as a martyr and was responding to that.

In any case, I'm sorry this game affects you so emotionally. I'm also sorry you see it as a reflection of humanity on a whole. I agree with the poster who said it is interesting because you see how carved out these people become, emotionally and physically by the challenge of "surviving" and yet, they must continue to play this game. It's the whole point. How do you separate the game aspect from the emotional aspect? What happens when people can't do that? It's a delicate thing, and interesting because people have to play it so carefully. I can understand your dislike of it. I hope you are not offended by my comments. I meant no disrespect to you personally, I was only trying to call out Brenda as I saw her.
    Punkin, jucamer and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Umm... It's Survivor, not real life. If you choose to play a "moral" game, that is your choice.
    Hopscotch is a game. Survivor is real life because it puts people in situations that give them choices based on moral decisions. Some people call it gameplay and shrug off a contestants behavior as acceptable, as if when that contestant goes back into `the real world' they are no longer willing to lie at the drop of a hat. As if their ability to manipulate with glee and backstab with a certain sense of pride does not exist once they leave the show. If anything, Survivor magnifies these very real facets of who they are in the real world. There are some people who go on the show with the goal of trying to win by not compromising their morals. They don't win. And those of us who root for them to do so are told to get over it. Chastised. How I and other viewers feel about Survivor, how we perceive it is just as valid as you perceive it. It's perception. It's a reflection of a viewers internal make-up. To you it is a game. To me it is a social experiment and morality play disguised as a game. My reaction to Brenda being voted out , is just that, my personal gut reaction. I did not sit here and analyze anything. I expressed how I felt. Some of us are emotional, some of us are detached. There should be room for both.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and Jaceegirl like this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Some of us are emotional, some of us are detached. There should be room for both.
    There is room for both and both have expressed their opinions. Please don't let this thread deteriorate into beating dead horses.
    Punkin likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Agreed. Brenda is a smart girl, she will realize it was the smart move to make and I am sure she will move on.

Loved the look on Eddie's face when he was 'blindsided' with staying. He was perfectly still like if they saw him they would change their mind and have a re-vote.
    That's hysterical. Nothing moving but his eyeballs, shifting back and forth.
    Brooks and jucamer like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    There is room for both and both have expressed their opinions. Please don't let this thread deteriorate into beating dead horses.
    I made one comment . I got hit with a pile of replies and was trying to explain why I feel the way I do. Sorry.
    Florimel likes this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

My assessment of tonight:

1. I think it was absolutely cruel what Jeff and the producers did. It's one thing to have the winner choose if they wanted to give up their personal time with their family, but a whole other ball of wax when it effectively punishes someone else as well. I don't fault Brenda for her decision - I actually found what she did a good expression of her as a human being should be. I fault the show for punishing Dawn as well in this case.

2. I think the first comment affected the results of this vote - Dawn had a chip on her shoulder and it showed in that immunity challenge and the vote. Given how tight Dawn has been to Cochran she wouldn't have upheld that promise I feel - either that or Eddie would've found the replaced HII after Andrea was eliminated and Brenda STILL would've lost.

3. In all honesty, I do think Cochran played that game on the strategic front by eliminating Brenda. She is very likable this go around and really is a threat out of the remaining contestants to him winning. I felt it was a bit more of a respect vote in his case - or he'll be able to use that argument - a lot easier than Dawn.

4. Good on Cochran standing up for his mom when Jeff commented about her speed and the like. I kinda found Jeff's snark there a little too much. And I loved how Cochran - of course not knowing the twist - realizing that he probably wasn't going to win so he just chatted with his mom. I mean, if you know you're not going to win and not know if there's a twist or not, talk with your loved one and enjoy the visit.

5. I liked the immunity challenge - but in all honesty it favored women who have a better center of gravity than men do.

Out of the finalists, I'd rather Cochran win. He has played the game in true "Survivor" form. I'd also be OK with Eddie, Erik or Dawn winning (that order). Sherri is this year's goat to Cochran (equivalent of Phillip being a goat to Boston Rob).
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 05-08-2013 at 11:25 PM.

redsox girl: I made one comment . I got hit with a pile of replies and was trying to explain why I feel the way I do. Sorry.
    Don't be sorry. You were brave to state your opinion knowing this might happen.

Thank you all for being civil in this discussion, but it is time to monitor Eddie's eyes or wonder if Dawn will once again drop her teeth.
    jucamer likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan

I think this is the first time I took an ouster so personally, I guess I really like Brenda. I usually don't get this emotionally involved, which is why I found it hard to understand all the heated dislike for Phillip, Colton, Neonka and the like. Folks were calling for contestants to be fired from their jobs, because of what they said or did while competing. Now I just think that Brenda should have accepted the barbq for herself and played like she needed the immunity necklace, what happened after that would just be folks playing the game.
    Brooks and redsox girl like this.

+ Reply to Thread