+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728
Like Tree547Likes

Thread: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

I think they are all gone the same amount of time. So you could look at it that even Frannie got paid to take a 6 week vacation, twide!

So I wonder now, since neither Dawn nor Sherri got a single vote do they split the summed up 2nd and 3rd prizes and each get half of $175,000? Minus taxes, of course, but still a good start on a college fund. Not enough for 6 even at a state school, but something.

What Dawn should have started by saying was, I know I was a mess a lot of this season, and I thank all of you who helped me hold it together. The reason was, none of my friendship feelings for you were fake, I really do like you just as much as you thought I did, and I'm not the kind of person who betrays a friend. But in this game to get to this point, you have to do that to hold to your alliance....and my first and foremost alliance is with my family. The only people I put ahead of my friends are my family, and in this case you were threats to my family. I told myself if I came back I would have to play differently, but as you could see it was not easy for me to do. Extremely painful, just because I do like you, and I hope in time you will be able to forgive me.

That would be "owning it", apologizing, and flattering them...
    ilja and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I think they are all gone the same amount of time. So you could look at it that even Frannie got paid to take a 6 week vacation, twide!

So I wonder now, since neither Dawn nor Sherri got a single vote do they split the summed up 2nd and 3rd prizes and each get half of $175,000? Minus taxes, of course, but still a good start on a college fund. Not enough for 6 even at a state school, but something.

What Dawn should have started by saying was, I know I was a mess a lot of this season, and I thank all of you who helped me hold it together. The reason was, none of my friendship feelings for you were fake, I really do like you just as much as you thought I did, and I'm not the kind of person who betrays a friend. But in this game to get to this point, you have to do that to hold to your alliance....and my first and foremost alliance is with my family. The only people I put ahead of my friends are my family, and in this case you were threats to my family. I told myself if I came back I would have to play differently, but as you could see it was not easy for me to do. Extremely painful, just because I do like you, and I hope in time you will be able to forgive me.

That would be "owning it", apologizing, and flattering them...
    Now that would have been perfect and I don't know why she did not think of it.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks, ilja! Maybe I'll write a book like Boston Rob's...called Speeches for the Final Tribal Council.

If she had said something like that she might at least have gotten one vote and the $100,000.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Now that would have been perfect and I don't know why she did not think of it.
    She was probably too exhausted to think so clearly at that point. Most of them seemed drained by the time they got to the end and I don't think it would have changed the outcome no matter what she said. All that crying sealed her fate in the game. (Just like Lisa last season.) People see it as a weakness and her saying that at the end, the jury could perceive as her trying to cover her butt. She didn't set the scene like Cochran did through every tribal with his emphasis on how unexpected his transformation was. He set up everything early on and carried that theme right though to the very end. He played very well and kept a clear head throughout. He truly was a student of the game and did his homework. A+++
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Thanks, ilja! Maybe I'll write a book like Boston Rob's...called Speeches for the Final Tribal Council.

If she had said something like that she might at least have gotten one vote and the $100,000.
    I read somewhere here that because there was no vote for either Dawn and Sherri, they are both considered as coming in second so each will get $100,000.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I read somewhere here that because there was no vote for either Dawn and Sherri, they are both considered as coming in second so each will get $100,000.
    And people think Sherri was dumb. I wouldn't mind being that dumb.
    Florimel likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

In the EW interview with Dawn she says they split $175,000. There's a link on one of the other threads...and also an interview with Dawn called a deleted scene, in which she basically says that what she will say at TC is what I sugested! I guess she forgot....

ETA It's on the Cochran thread, post 190, from ilja.
    Midol likes this.

In golf, if there are two players tied for 2nd, they split 2nd and third money equally. If four players tied, they would split 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th money equally. It's that way down the board for all who finish in the money. I like that method and I think that Sherri, whom I like, and Dawn, whom I can't stand, still deserve to split 2nd and 3rd money equally.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread