+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree547Likes

Thread: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Shoepie, I think we are talking about two different things. I have no idea where the "Brenda was being true to Dawn" came from. It wasn't said by me, I never heard it said by any of the contestants either. I know why Brenda was voted out, she was proving to be a challenge beast. I don't have issue with that and I understand why it was done, although I still think it crappy that they did it before getting rid of Eddie. I also get that its a game, I've been watching since season one. Yet, sometimes some players just do things that leave a bad taste in the viewers minds. Since this bad taste seems to have reached across many viewers, across many different forums, there is merit to what people feel Dawn did. I don't wish Dawn any ill will and I certainly would never go as far as to tweet anything negative to her, that too is wrong, but I still think she played dirty when it came to Brenda. I am glad that Brenda is fine. I wonder if that will translate at the final TC when she gets to confront them, assuming that Dawn makes it to the F3.

I know one thing, I wouldn't have voted out the person that I called my BFF under those same circumstances. I would have fought for a different outcome, like trying to take her to the F3 with me. Dawn didn't do that though, she just went along with the plan, and I think that is where the issues are coming from. Anyway, I think I've had enough of the Dawn conversation lol. I have to say this definitely has been one of the better seasons of Survivor and I'm glad that its giving us some interesting topics to discuss as well. It's all good.
    Was she her BFF , or was that game. Eddie poses no real threat, I think they cemented that long before they voted Brenda out. jmho of course. I am also glad its been one of the better seasons, it started out but the Forters made it more lively as well as the blindsides
    ilja likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think, whether she intended it or not, Dawn does use emotional manipulation in the game. She pleaded with Eric to stay true to their alliance. I think her words were something along the lines of "You're the only one I can count on" - I'll have to check the exact wording, but regardless the intent behind it really took me aback. According to the interview with Corrine, she and Dawn were (at least in Corrine's eyes) very close, and Dawn (probably rightly) ratted Corrine out to Cochran and so Corrine went. With Brenda, they seemed very close. Brenda didn't hesitate to choose Dawn to share the loved-one reward. Regardless of who was where, Dawn shouted for Brenda when she lost her teeth in the pond, and Brenda in a confessional said she wouldn't vote for Dawn, that they were close. So yes, perhaps BFF is stretching it (a lot!) but in the microcosm that is the world of Survivor, I don't think it is a stretch to assume they were very close.

I will say again, I do understand why they got rid of Brenda. She was very well-liked and always did well in challenges. In order to NOT lose to her at the FTC, you would need to get her out. What I didn't like was the fact that they had an easy boot in Eddie, and honestly, it's not going to look too good to the jury to see you take out one of your closest allies and keep an easy boot. Some will definitely see it as good gameplay, but others on the jury might be disgusted. I don't know how they will react, but the fact is it won't reflect well on Dawn at the FTC if she makes it that far. What's amusing is it really wasn't her idea anyway, she was fed the idea by Cochran and she was the vote he and Sherri needed to get Brenda out. She will take the fall for it, and he will benefit from getting Brenda out.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

What's amusing is it really wasn't her idea anyway, she was fed the idea by Cochran and she was the vote he and Sherri needed to get Brenda out. She will take the fall for it, and he will benefit from getting Brenda out.
    Good for Cochran then - he learned this game well .I still think Brenda's demise was discussed before this TC
    ilja and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh, I'm sure it was discussed. She was too likeable, too good at challenges, and hadn't made any enemies except perhaps Andrea for the last vote.

Like I said, it made sense in the game to get her out, I just didn't like the timing or the way it went down. Having said that though, if Dawn makes it to the FTC and owns it, says "You know what, it sucked to blindside you but you were a huge threat" then I can respect that. If she comes out and pulls an Amanda though, and cries about how hard it was etc etc and boo hoo hoo, then I may throw something at my television.

If I was playing to win the million dollars I would use every trick in the book. The object of the "game" is to win, not to find new friends.
    There's no place like home!

I feel bad for Brenda, but I can see why they turned on her, she especially became a huge threat to win after letting everyone see their families. That dilemma is a real lose-lose situation though...if she chose for her and Dawn to see their families it would look selfish, and even when making the other choice it could make you appear to be a bigger threat. It's too bad Cochran and Brenda never got in a final 2 alliance since they were my favorite players left, but since they're both big threats to win it all I can see why they'd plot against each other.

I don't dislike Dawn for the move she made, but she's just so emotional. Granted everyone was during the family visit, but Dawn's been crying the whole season...was she this bad last time? I don't think she'll win, especially if Brenda confronts her at the last tribal, she just doesn't seem tough enough emotionally, and people who cry at the last tribal don't tend to get much sympathy from the jury. I think Eddie would only get the votes of Reynold and Andrea. I could see Sherri or Erik winning if the jury's bitter, but Sherri's been quiet since the merge and Erik hasn't done much at all...though I've heard somewhere that he could have won the first Fans vs Favorites if he didn't give up immunity and won the last two challenges. That leaves Cochran, and maybe it's my personal bias, but I think he would do great at the final tribal...he's in law school remember, and just like in the courtroom, at the final Survivor tribal you have to convince a jury to come to your side. So my guess is that Cochran wins if he makes it to the end...if not, then my guess would be Erik or Sherri.

This season has really picked up since the merge in my opinion. It started out pretty bad with the Fans getting destroyed and the fact that Brandon and Shamar probably shouldn't have been there. But post merge it's been exciting with so many blindsides, from Corinne to Philip to Andrea and now Brenda. The first Fans vs Favorites was the same way...terrible start but exciting post merge. I wouldn't say I like this season better than Philippines, but it's nice to have two consecutive good seasons after a few that, in my opinion at least, were lackluster.

FORT Fogey

Originally Posted by xtremist
    Ouch, that hurts! Personally, I feel there's a difference between Andrea and Brenda's blindsides. Andrea got blindsided after making a strategic move to vote out Brenda. Brenda got blindsided for being true to Dawn. My opinion of Dawn plummeted after this episode. I get that she's upset that she's unable to spend time with her loved ones, but to feel upset that Brenda got all the love for the sacrifice she made, while she just ended up empty-handed? As much as her emotions were driving her thoughts, that was petty IMO.

I think Dawn sealed her fate at winning this game. Personally, the only 2 people that I think will win the game is either Cochran or Eddie. Cochran hands-down played the best game of the remaining survivors, while Eddie might benefit from a bitter jury and "Bro" votes (Malcolm, Reynold, Michael and maybe one of Brenda/Erik/Philip/Andrea?).

She might have been a twice-returnee, but I sure wouldn't mind seeing Brenda return in a future edition!
    This is getting nutsy but I love you mesachick! We agree on almost everything. My comment was in DIRTECT response to the bolded sentence in this post. And this sentence only. That is all, only that sentence. I meant nothing more by it than to question this logic. I just did not see or hear this issue mentioned. And I still don't know what it means! I really don't. A head scratcher for me. Again Brenda was voted out as a strategic move. And a good one. She was certainly a threat to garner many votes, especially after the reward challenge sacrifice. Cochran has had his eyes on her for weeks knowing he did not want to go against her.

It is a game with a really nifty life altering amount of money to be gained. Go for the win! All of you! I like to watch that, I really, really do. This season stands out to me as one of the best. Good solid players with a couple of loose cannons and some eye candy in the mix to entertain. Could it be better?

I don't even like Dawn all that much though I don't fault her for her emotional breakdowns. Editing, personal piccadillos, they happen. No one is better than anyone else.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 05-11-2013 at 08:45 PM.
    Duckyface and mesachick like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Until they add 'Be Loyal' to 'Outwit, Out Last, Out Play' Dawn has nothing for which to apologize.
    I love this, it sums it up perfectly.

To the Point

I don't want Dawn to apologize for her game play. I want her to apologize for being so annoying with her crying and whining, but even then she'd probably cry and whine. Actually simply using the word crying doesn't even begin to cover what she has done. I should say wailing! And actually that could be considered game play because it is often just a tool of manipulation. Hmmmm.....
    captain and MsFaninNJ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    This is getting nutsy but I love you mesachick! We agree on almost everything. My comment was in DIRTECT response to the bolded sentence in this post. And this sentence only. That is all, only that sentence. I meant nothing more by it than to question this logic. I just did not see or hear this issue mentioned. And I still don't know what it means! I really don't. A head scratcher for me. Again Brenda was voted out as a strategic move. And a good one. She was certainly a threat to garner many votes, especially after the reward challenge sacrifice. Cochran has had his eyes on her for weeks knowing he did not want to go against her.

It is a game with a really nifty life altering amount of money to be gained. Go for the win! All of you! I like to watch that, I really, really do. This season stands out to me as one of the best. Good solid players with a couple of loose cannons and some eye candy in the mix to entertain. Could it be better?

I don't even like Dawn all that much though I don't fault her for her emotional breakdowns. Editing, personal piccadillos, they happen. No one is better than anyone else.
    LOL - I love you too Shoepie!! Yeah I think wires just got crossed. LOL Have a fantastic rest of the weekend!

ETA: One of my posts went poof, but I don't know why lol. I don't think I said anything mean lol...
    Shoepie likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread