+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree547Likes

Thread: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I was surprised that Brenda gave away the reward that she and her dad worked so hard for to win and she even said that it was a no-brainer to give it away. I thought that was a bad decision. She had no idea that people could see through the generosity as a suck up to get jury votes (although she did say before she left that she was being true to her heart...referring to the gesture, not the gameplay and that's why she said it hurt and was crying). If I were her I would just tell the others that my dad and I worked for the reward fair and square and I wouldn't want to screw up my friend Dawn because I selected her to share the reward with me. That's it. It was that easy. I really thought she had the gumption to say that. I'm sure the others would have understood. As for the IC, did she really throw the challenge so Dawn can win and boost her spirits? And as for Dawn, didn't she tell Brenda a few episodes ago went she went hysterical that they are BFF after Brenda dove in the water and found her fake teeth?

Survivor: Caramoan - It Was Dawn Screaming - YouTube
    Survivor: Caramoan - Game Makes You Insecure - YouTube

Survivor Caramoan: Life At Ponderosa - Brenda - YouTube
    Yes, she did throw it to make Dawn feel better. *pssh!* That, I'm afraid, was mistake number one as far a Brenda's ouster was concerned. Brenda was really good at challenges and probably could've taken it to the end if she kept it up.

Bah!
    Florimel and Jaceegirl like this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I don't mind Dawn; she is reacting how she reacts. I don't like that everyone is making her the villain because everyone back stabs and betrays on this show Dawn is not the exception to this rule.

There was a very interesting show called the Naked Castaway on the Discovery channel and they are showing repeats and it is only 3 episodes long. An adventurer, ex military guy is stranded naked on an island in the South Pacific. He is filming himself. I like how this series shows how hard it is on folks to be isolated, to be without food, water, clothing, fire or shelter. He didn't even have a machete. A lot of what he is going through I see in Dawn and Dawn has people, Dawn has food and shelter and she knows if she wants to bail all she has to do is ask. Everyone has their own way of processing situations, Dawn is obviously very emotional in a highly stressful situation. That's how she deals. It was also interesting to note that while the Naked Castaway had some really down moments he used his military training to help him, Dawn and the others do not have that training, do they need it, I am not sure, would it be helpful in that situation? Again did his military training help Shamar? Or was he a train wreck regardless of the training he had?
    Shoepie, spockwhat and jucamer like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

This is the best game show ever. We see friends (Brenda and Dawn) leaving the emotion out ot it to get to the end. A million is only $650 grand in the end but a good take for 39 days. I love this show and hope it never ends.
    spockwhat, jucamer and MsFaninNJ like this.

I felt bad for Brenda leaving like that. Even if the bbq giveaway was for votes, it must take a special kind of nasty person to take a gift like that and use it against somebody to get rid of them! The whole thing has left me not really caring who wins now and I'm glad its almost over.
    Florimel, Brooks, sweetpea and 2 others like this.

I never wanted Brenda to win( F3 yes). I am all about Cochran, so I cannot wait for Sunday!
    Shoepie, jucamer and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

In that regard, I'm also mad at the producers for essentially screwing Brenda either way. She won the reward and gets the special prize, abd then has to choose one person to share it with. But then the offer comes to get nothing in exchange for making the begging and pleading and, in the case of Sherri, sobbing on the ground, people happy. Either you look selfish or you have to watch and listen on the beach to these people laughing, eating, getting re-charged with their loved ones.

And she was so stoic and calm about it. She smiled and wished them all well. She encouraged Dawn to keep her chin up, that it was all good.

And then they vote her out. That is COLD.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    In that regard, I'm also mad at the producers for essentially screwing Brenda either way. She won the reward and gets the special prize, abd then has to choose one person to share it with. But then the offer comes to get nothing in exchange for making the begging and pleading and, in the case of Sherri, sobbing on the ground, people happy. Either you look selfish or you have to watch and listen on the beach to these people laughing, eating, getting re-charged with their loved ones.

And she was so stoic and calm about it. She smiled and wished them all well. She encouraged Dawn to keep her chin up, that it was all good.

And then they vote her out. That is COLD.
    It was, it is also the game called Survivor She is a strong player, she needed to go
    -Andy Rooney-

It's ok to feel remorse about a strategic play you felt you needed to make. Could be editing but TC had her looking rather gleeful at Brenda's outster. I'm not so sure that Dawn's children are going to be as impressed with her as she wants them to be with how she's played. Her kids could be sitting next to her on the couch going, "geeze, Mom, how could you do that?" She's bringing home a chunk of change for having made it this far. Not bad for a month's pay.
    Last edited by Brooks; 05-10-2013 at 01:10 PM.
    Florimel and Jaceegirl like this.

I think its our emotions that enter in to how we feel about what is done. If Philip had given up the BBQ, I do wonder if anyone would change their opinion of him?

Oh well for me its over - and I look forward to the finale
    MsFaninNJ likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

On Brendagate. This is a game with a substantial prize, about $650 grand after taxes. One would be a fool to allow emotions to take charge. Eyes should always be on the end game and good for them to vote her out. It was a wise move.
    Duckyface, Alexxxx and ilja like this.

+ Reply to Thread