+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree547Likes

Thread: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Interesting to see two physically strong and strategically strong females and how they react to blindsides. Last week's Andrea took it in stride. This week's Brenda is devastated.
    Duckyface, ilja and jucamer like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
    I am not positive that Dawn really would have left the game back when she lost her partial plate. I think it was a lot of hysterics. She is on my last nerve.
    Oh yeah! As someone with a partial, I believe it 100%.

First of all, even though these people get very ragged & rough looking & all in all don't really care about their appearance after a while, your teeth are a completely different story. People with any degree of false teeth are extremely sensitive about being seen without them. I wouldn't even think of going out to the mailbox to pick up my mail without my partial, for fear of running into a neighbor.

Plus as someone above mentioned, going without them could cause permanent mouth or dental problems. Your remaining teeth could shift or break if you tried to eat without them. Even sleeping could cause grinding causing breakage. The physical challenges could cause the same or worse.

I don't care if there was 5 million dollars at stake. No partial - I'd go home.
    Uncle David, ilja and jucamer like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I was surprised that Brenda gave away the reward that she and her dad worked so hard for to win and she even said that it was a no-brainer to give it away. I thought that was a bad decision. She had no idea that people could see through the generosity as a suck up to get jury votes (although she did say before she left that she was being true to her heart...referring to the gesture, not the gameplay and that's why she said it hurt and was crying). If I were her I would just tell the others that my dad and I worked for the reward fair and square and I wouldn't want to screw up my friend Dawn because I selected her to share the reward with me. That's it. It was that easy. I really thought she had the gumption to say that. I'm sure the others would have understood. As for the IC, did she really throw the challenge so Dawn can win and boost her spirits? And as for Dawn, didn't she tell Brenda a few episodes ago went she went hysterical that they are BFF after Brenda dove in the water and found her fake teeth?

Survivor: Caramoan - It Was Dawn Screaming - YouTube
    Survivor: Caramoan - Game Makes You Insecure - YouTube

Survivor Caramoan: Life At Ponderosa - Brenda - YouTube

I may be way off here, but I think Brenda's father looked very disappointed in her decision. He may have thought she did the wrong thing, but didn't want to tell her.

FORT Regular

From what I understood during the partial plate hysterics for Dawn it was about how she looked not that it would be a physical issue. I am about 99% positive she would not have left. How would that look to your kids?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Oh yeah! As someone with a partial, I believe it 100%.

First of all, even though these people get very ragged & rough looking & all in all don't really care about their appearance after a while, your teeth are a completely different story. People with any degree of false teeth are extremely sensitive about being seen without them. I wouldn't even think of going out to the mailbox to pick up my mail without my partial, for fear of running into a neighbor.

Plus as someone above mentioned, going without them could cause permanent mouth or dental problems. Your remaining teeth could shift or break if you tried to eat without them. Even sleeping could cause grinding causing breakage. The physical challenges could cause the same or worse.

I don't care if there was 5 million dollars at stake. No partial - I'd go home.

I have to agree with that, knowing some folks with dentures. In fact, there are folks of both genders that wouldn't want to be seen without their wigs/toupees and perhaps artificial limbs (prosthetics).

I just finished reading Jeff's interview on EW's Popwatch Inside TV and he says at this point he feels that anyone except Sherri has a shot at the million dollars. This is his opinion only.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I did not see the very first Season of Survivor ... but have read that Richard Hatch was the only one who realized it was mostly a social survival game ... rather than a physical one. Did he ever write anything about it?
    Nah he's been in and out of jail since then

Quote Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
    From what I understood during the partial plate hysterics for Dawn it was about how she looked not that it would be a physical issue. I am about 99% positive she would not have left. How would that look to your kids?
    Yes, that was her only concern. It had absolutely nothing to do with functionality. Nor was she worried about what it might do to her real teeth to have it out. Considering it takes 3 - 6 weeks to make dentures, other people survive (pun intended lol) that wait time. I am sure she would have been fine in that regard.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Yes, that was her only concern. It had absolutely nothing to do with functionality. Nor was she worried about what it might do to her real teeth to have it out. Considering it takes 3 - 6 weeks to make dentures, other people survive (pun intended lol) that wait time. I am sure she would have been fine in that regard.
    Correct ... but there are definitely issues like gums shrinking and then the dentures do not fit any more.
    I am sure some vanity was involved, but there is also a comfort level.

People who must wait for dentures usually have some sort of temporary thing while they are waiting.

We absolutely can't say with any certainty that that was truly her "only concern".
    Remember, this show is heavily edited

I think we should give her a break.
    ilja likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

So, I'm playing catch up here. Finally watched the show.

I hated everything about it.

Congrats, Dawn and Cochran. It was a good strategic move (I'm not including Sherri here because she's just a warm body at this point, there's nothing strategic about her). But I hope, particularly in Dawn's case, that karma comes back and bites her in the butt. Big time.

Hate Dawn. Hate her hysterics. Hate her angst. Hate her being the black widow that once you talk to her she has a hand in getting you out. Hate her being such a basket case. She's more than gone past my last nerve. Now I just don't want her anywhere near the FTC but at this point I think she and Cochran have set themselves up nicely to get to the end with their goat. My only hope is Cochran wins, and while I like the guy I don't like how cutthroat he was planning Brenda's vote.

It's very true. There's the game, and there's personal. Brenda obviously took this very personally, and I think it was mainly because Dawn seems to have forged this bond with Brenda and I am sure Brenda never in a million years thought Dawn would take her out when there was an easy boot in Eddie. Perhaps she should have taken it as calmly as Andrea did, but I respect that she told them exactly how this affected her and let them see how she felt.

I loved Brenda's greeting with her dad, how proud she was to have taken his advice and to tell him how great it worked out for her. She was lovely and genuine and I am firmly behind her to win the fan favourite. Please, let that happen. She deserves it completely in my eyes.

+ Reply to Thread