+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree547Likes

Thread: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I remember Brenda's big grin when it became clear that Andrea was going to be voted out. She certainly didn't mind a blindside of someone who had made a sacrifice for the tribe then.
    Andrea "sacrificed" one meal for many meals of rice and beans. The sensible decision for her own sake was the rice and beans.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    For everyone upset about Brenda being voted off, they should watch Brenda's Ponderosa video. She's not angry and she understands it's a game. Phillip is the only one mad at Dawn, though I'm not sure what Dawn did to Phillip?
    I watched Ponderosa. I find that Phillip's comments about that are a turning point for me. The first time since he's been on Survivor that I think I could like the guy. And I'm happy that Brenda encountered a really good support group after what she went through. I think she'll have a good time at Ponderosa and I hope for her sake it isn't soured by Dawn showing up (even though I really want her voted off).

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeepitReal
    I think it was a bad choice for Dawn to blindside Brenda this week. It's like she doesn't realize she can't win against Cochran. She is the one who comes off as codependent out there, with her tears and her need for partial denture retrieval she seems to have needed the support of the others to make it out there. Even if it was a part of her strategy to appear vulnerable the jury will likely still reward the person who seemed to stand mainly on their own. She should have waited until next tribal and really thought out the next vote. Eventually she had to decide a good time to seperate herself from Cochran if she wanted a chance to win. Dawn just doesn't see it. She's a fool if she's okay with sitting next to him at final tribal.
    I agree. There is still time for Dawn to remove Cochran from the game. If she doesn't, she has an argument to make, but I don't know if it can sway this particular jury. If she does, she made the best move in the game... and if she can get an Eddie and Sherri in the final three with her, she has a good shot at winning, I think.
    jucamer and Midol like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    This is the gist of why it was not ok for Dawn to vote for Brenda last night. It was the right strategic move, and I'm ok with Sherri and Cochran doing it, but not Dawn. Dawn has been the most emotionally needy contestant to ever get this far in Survivor. It isn't just that Brenda is a really likable person. It's the degree to which people, like Brenda, kept Dawn from having a complete breakdown.
    But Dawn also kept Brenda from having a complete breakdown. It went both ways. Dawn has the right to vote for anyone she wants... especially if that person is targeting her alliance. It feels harsh, I get it. But it would have felt the same way if the tables were turned. I'm not sure hiding behind other people's votes would have made it any better... then it would feel sneaky. Dawn owned it, good for her.
    ilja and Midol like this.

But Dawn also kept Brenda from having a complete breakdown.
    I don't feel she did, any more than the stress most of the contestants seem to be under after the extreme deprivations of the game. Dawn took it to an entirely new level this season, at least for someone who made it so far into the game.

We haven't seen people climb super tall trees in a hope they would fall and be removed from the game in a respectable way either. Erik was at his breaking point, and that tops anything I've seen from Dawn all season. There is a lot of crazy happening... Dawn is just one of them.

We haven't seen people climb super tall trees in a hope they would fall and be removed from the game in a respectable way either. Erik was at his breaking point, and that tops anything I've seen from Dawn all season. There is a lot of crazy happening... Dawn is just one of them.
    Poor Erik is so hungry. He is also very thin - he was to start with. I wondering if its him who goes down during the finale
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I hope not, FannyMare! Really looking at it, this has been one of the toughest Survivors I've watched for people falling apart. Dawn wanting to quit because she lost her teeth, Erik hoping in a very odd way to fall out of the tree, Brenda losing it also. I've never seen an entire tribe break down like they did last night over their loved ones. Yes, people always break down, but even Cochran was crying like a baby when MamaCochran showed up.

The only worse season I can think of was Survivor Australia. I can remember people at their breaking point then too... Elizabeth starving, the food getting washed away in the washout. Jeff showing up with food and chastising them for eating all their rice, it was a tough season.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 05-09-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    "I was honest with you guys. I was genuine with you guys.... it hurts." -- Brenda faces her team mates

Well, it was a jerky thing to do after she gave up being with her loved one for he sake of others. But I guess Dawn couldn't get over it and not think about herself for once.

Well, another Survivor lesson learned: Never give up a chance to be with a loved one for the sake of the group. They don't appreciate it anyway. Especially how this time they just about taunted Brenda and Dawn by saying "they're not missing much".
    I wouldn't have given up my family time either! Seems like every time someone sacrifices something for themselves for the rest of the tribe, they are the next to go. It's the kiss of death. The person making the sacrifice thinks it'll make them look selfish if they don't, but IMO the losers are the ones being selfish by letting (expecting) the winner to give up their prize. Then the losers say "hey this person is a threat cuz they're so nice, we need to get them out" .
    I knew as soon as Brenda gave up reward she was a dead woman walking.

ETA: and it was so obvious that Dawn was furious with Brenda. Her part in voting her out didn't come across as strategic so much as it did spiteful, IMO.
    Can't stand Dawn. Never did like her. If her & Sherry are in the final 3, I'll puke.
    Last edited by holly71; 05-09-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

We see that Cochran, Sherri and Dawn are solid together. I don't think Dawn will flip and vote with Eddie and Erik to oust Cochran.

Cochran was very funny when talking about his father flipping burgers. He has talent in comedy writing. I sure hope he wins.
    Punkin, Duckyface, jucamer and 3 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread