+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: 4/24 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 4/24 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Malcolm sticking with the BB (Beautiful Boys) alliance was his downfall, he just didn't seem as likeable as he was last season. So yes, I wasn't too sad to see him go.

Dawn really seems to be cracking under the pressure in recent weeks, girl needs to buck up. I wouldn't mind an ABC (Andrea, Brenda and Cochran) or a BCD (Brenda, Cochran and Dawn) F3 at this point (I really love alphabetical orders). Heck, I don't even mind the others as much as long as the smug S (Sherri) doesn't make it that far. However, her "utter uselessness at challenges/not being particularly well-liked by the other jury members" would make her a perfect candidate to take to F3, so I'm worried.
    Punkin and shetrick like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I think Malcolm blew it again. His biggest mistake the first time was he didn't reveal to Erik everything. Erik didn't trust him and stuck with his core. Once again, we got the impression that Erik and Sherri did not really have a clue that they were both being brought in hard (because they were talked to separately). Erik asked Sherri what was going on, but there was no response. I wonder if Cochran's suggestion that they possibly vote as a block (5 or 6 votes on one person) was enough to scare Erik and Sherri into submission. It's a matter of numbers... if they think they have four votes, they know they switched to a losing team. If Erik and Sherri were confident of each other flipping... they would have a definite 5. I think Malcolm should have talked to them together.
    As for Malcolm not fitting in anywhere... I think he still had a lot of time to ingratiate himself to the favourites, but he chose to make an alliance with the masculine tomfooleries. His downfall.

I respect Erik's ploy to play both sides, but I'm backing off my support a little because it did end up being too obvious. Cochran caught his vote for Fillup. That's all it takes. On the plus side, I more firmly believe he is throwing challenges at this point. He was out second in the immunity challenge, and he hadn't even broken a sweat yet.

Great game play by Cochran tonight. I love how he has endeared himself to the tribe without the emotional pleas that Dawn is starting to put on other tribe members. I love Dawn but she must be emotionally exhausting to be around. Also, I noticed when Malcolm was voted out, she was all touchy-feely about it. I always find that annoying. A huge difference between Cochran and Dawn. She pleas with Erik emotionally, and Cochran lies out the possibility of voting as a block. Maybe both were effective, but I like Cochran's way of doing things better.

Cochran also saved the day by winning that immunity! That was a crucial win, because if either Reynold or Eddie had this immunity and they believed Malcolm had the HII, I think there would have been a far better chance of people flipping and going with the "winning" team. Stupid, stupid, STUPID of Reynold and Eddie not to grab that immunity advantage at the auction! Cochran didn't even pay full price! The actual value of one million dollars came down to what? To the 280 or 320 or whatever Cochran spent on that advantage? Crazy!

If Reynold or Eddie go next, they have no one to blame but themselves.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 04-25-2013 at 08:09 AM.
    Duckyface, Coco46 and Alexxxx like this.

I can't for the life of me remember Erik from the past. I really used to like Dawn but this season I can't stand her- not sure why. I loved Denise last time and I wish she was there to have Malcolm's back.
    NCLurker and Moontat like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I can't for the life of me remember Erik from the past. I really used to like Dawn but this season I can't stand her- not sure why. I loved Denise last time and I wish she was there to have Malcolm's back.
    I can remember Erik but I agree with the rest of this post. Erik really, really got played when he was on before. I'd give details but honestly, when one season is over I don't store the information.....limited memory in my bank...must save it for more important information.
    Punkin and Moontat like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

The three Amigos didn't play with their brains and that messed them up this week. They knew they were on the outs with the rest of the tribe so they should have talked before the auction and agreed to use their money to buy every game advantage they could during the auction. Malcolm got the clue to the hidden immunity idol but none of them tried to outbid Cochran for the advantage during the challenge. If Eddie had gotten that instead of Malcolm, he would have been safe from elimination.

And why didn't Malcolm take Eddie and Reynold with him to look for the hidden immunity idol? With all three of them digging, and the advance understanding that whomever found it, the idol would go to Malcolm since they wouldn't have found it without his clue, they would have gotten it. Or if Malcolm insisted on doing it alone, he should have kept searching even with Andrea right there. He could have gone to other locations to dig to throw her off and maybe she would have gotten tired of trailing him and gone away. Or he could have dug for it right in front of her.

I'm surprised SHE didn't look for it after he gave up. She saw the area he was digging in and she's been afraid she's on the chopping block so she could have used it.

I don't see any way Reynold and Eddie can survive now, unless they win individual immunity. I would guess Reynold will go next and then Eddie. I'll cross my fingers and hope Reynold finds a way out of this but Malcolm had been his best hope. With him gone, Reynolds chance of making it to the end is slim to none.

Why did Eddie vote for Malcolm in the second vote? Did he really think it would patch things up at all with Andrea and the rest of the Favorites?

I thought in the preview for next week that Cochran indicated it was time for a Favorite to go next, so Eddie and Reynold may have a reprieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Why did Eddie vote for Malcolm in the second vote? Did he really think it would patch things up at all with Andrea and the rest of the Favorites?

I thought in the preview for next week that Cochran indicated it was time for a Favorite to go next, so Eddie and Reynold may have a reprieve.
    I assume Eddie voted for Malcolm because he figured that was his only chance to save himself.

Did anyone notice that when they were back at camp that they had the big bowl of peanut butter there too? Didn't Jeff say they had 60 seconds to eat what they could and that was it? When Sherri, Reynold, and Malcolm are talking back at camp one of the boys is holding the bowl.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    . . . Or if Malcolm insisted on doing it alone, he should have kept searching even with Andrea right there. He could have gone to other locations to dig to throw her off and maybe she would have gotten tired of trailing him and gone away. Or he could have dug for it right in front of her.

I'm surprised SHE didn't look for it after he gave up. She saw the area he was digging in and she's been afraid she's on the chopping block so she could have used it.
    If Andrea isn't back there looking, you know Cochran will be. And I would be over the moon happy if he finds it. It's so fun watching someone succeed in something they love as he loves the gamesmanship of Survivor. And if he gets the $1,000,000 . . . even better!
    Punkin and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Erik is the one who is infamously known for having WON the individual immunity, guaranteeing himself a final four if not THREE I believe, but listened to the rest of his tribe (all girls) and gave up his immunity to them at that stage.

He was promptly voted out.

I still hold this decision as the most stupid of all time - even with James and TWO hidden immunity idols because at least there he didn't willingly give his game to someone else. He honestly didn't think he needed to use one - huge difference.

+ Reply to Thread