+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: 4/24 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/24 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Poor Malcolms disadvantage was that he didn't belong on either side. The newbies hadn't yet seen him, and so did not know him as they did the others. The Favorites, who are a sort of Club, didn't know him - he'd not yet been inducted into that Club. So, he really was the only one completely on his own without a Clan to be part of. (Didn't that same situation help Russell Hantz in his second season? Of course I'm not sure if I can remember who won last season, so don't hold me to that.)

Malcolm was not my favorite to win, but I have to give him props for playing as hard as he could on each team he was on to stay this long. I'd call him a damned genious HII finder, as well as a cute and extremely well conditioned young man. Better luck next time, Malcolm. We'll probably see you in the next "Heroes vs Villans" season. }:>(
    holly71, sweetpea, PWS and 2 others like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

yeah Russell played back-to-back seasons too

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Sweet. Cochran. Sweet.
    redsox girl, jucamer and Midol like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm sure we'll see Malcolm in all his Malcolmness again--Survivor knows gold when they find it! I wonder if Andrea will go digging around where she saw him digging? Actually Cochran was there at the start of the stand off, right? So he knows the general area to explore as well.
    Re Cochran and the cougars....maybe they've already found him! What else could that "more often than you'd think" remark about eating the peanut butter off Sherri's fingers mean?
    I'd love to watch Survivor with Cochran---in fact if he ever wanted to contribute to a charity auction he could auction of Weds. 8pm for an hour and make a nice chunk of change for the charity I bet!
    Punkin--that was a good analysis of Malcolm's problem---he was on no one's team really.
    Midol likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Brenda is still the hot one for me. <3 She's 30 though so what do you call someone 10 years younger who likes someone 10 years older? The opposite of a cougar?
    If Brenda is the cougar you are the piece of meat. Sorry, cub is way too maternal for the other half of a cougar's relationship! Still interested?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Looking it up gave me "toy boy", "cub", "prey", "cougar bait". I still like cub.
    holly71 likes this.

Sad that Malcolm is out, but he went out with class and he still made them have to revote for the second or third time this season (has to be a record on revoting).

Cochran - I like him but he's got to be careful or he's going to get the Phillip complex - thinking he's the king of the tribe but really the court jester.

I thought the tub of peanut butter for the tribe at the auction was a BAD idea - well then again I find these massive quick eat things at the end of the challenge bad BECAUSE of the stuff that has to be on them intermingling with other germs. Even at my most hungry I'd not do that... I'd hate to be eliminated due to a medevac for dysentery.

If I had been Malcolm I'd not risked so much for an advantage that was covered - even I knew that that a covered advantage wasn't the one that was coveted. Jeff ALWAYS shows a rolled up parchment, possibly a parchment in a bottle or envelope. It was a $480 mistake.

Smart move by Andrea to keep an eye on Malcolm when he got caught searching for the idol. Don't think it'll help anyone though.

Not a bad episode, and I admit for the most part I'd be OK with any of the remaining contestants win - even Reynold, who is annoying as everything but is surviving a cutthroat social game.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    To my knowledge, nope. In the past there have been instances where two people put their money together to buy and share something, but that's about it.
    Not in recent years - I think because there was a duo who piled their money together to get the advantage to ensure that a certain tribemember wouldn't get it - he had been saving up FOR it, and eventually I think he was voted out that or the next council.

I can't say as I blame them... it doesn't make the auction as cutthroat and can be an unfair advantage long term if you wanted to oust someone.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Jeff said explicitly at the start that they could not share money and that they could not share food (unless he said so of course, like the peanut butter). In the past they have shared both money and food at times, but this time it was forbidden.

Not only was everyone digging in together in the PB, they were smearing it all over their bodies to eat later and/or to put into a communal bowl when they got home. I can only hope that PB is one of those foods like honey that is not a great host for bugs. Their bodies are filty and sweaty, even if they just took a dunk before starting to the auction. And, not to get too explicit, but we know they have no, um, toilet paper, out there and no way to wash their hands. Ugh....maybe we'll see another medevac this season....
    Brooks likes this.

Nooooooooooo! Malcolm!

Well played, Cochran, but ease up on the snarky comments while voting, buddy. I like you, but I don't want to see it go to your head. Methinks there was a little payback to Ozzy in his attitude.

Ah well, should be interesting here on out. Go, Brenda!
    Valar Morghulis

+ Reply to Thread