+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: 4/24 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/24 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

I've been trying to figure out the idol situation, why Malcolm didn't just dig and why Andrea didn't dig. I think I would have got my whole alliance out there digging if I were her.

She knows she's in trouble though and may want the idol just for her. I think she's waiting for a chance to dig it up by herself with no one knowing, but she also said she was 80% sure the Malcolm had it so she may just have thought it was already found.

Why Malcolm didn't dig despite her being there I can't figure out. Maybe he just hoped he'd get a chance later to come back and dig alone.

I think Malcolm is charming enough he could have gone far with the favorites alliance if he'd chosen to. He made a mistake by wanting to be the power player in the game and trying to do it with those numbskulls. I think he is used to getting his way with his looks and charm and never really thought he wouldn't be able to win people over to his side. I think he was a teeny bit arrogant and that was his downfall.

I didn't mind Dawn's emotional pleas to Eric. I think he probably needed a tug on his emotions as well as Cochran's logic to keep him in the alliance.

Something about Dawn I just don't care for.I wish I could put my finger on it, I can't. She seems to be just on the edge every week, and I think she will go over in the next few weeks .She come off as needy . Maybe I have her all wrong, when I am watching she makes me edgy
    holly71, xcptnl and mesachick like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

What is it with Sherrie thinking she is running the game? Really? She needs to go soon.
    I will miss Malcolm . I thought he was a good player, he should have kept digging even though Andrea was here. Even if he had found the idol I bet he would have told everyone anyway so they would not have voted for him or made him flush it out. He would have still been in the game.
    holly71 likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

But he would have lasted one or two episodes at max, probably.

Was whoever that said Sherri was at the bottom of her alliance right?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think Malcolm allied with the 2 boneheads because the last time around he was basically punished for being the big challenge winner...and the other alliance might well have treated him similarly---the first one out once they got rid of the 2 strong fans. He tried something different....didn't work. Think he was also kind of worn out from two shows in a row.
    holly71, Monte71 and Moontat like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Survivor PTB____The 4/17 show thread is still locked---needs to be opened.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Sad that Malcolm is out, but he went out with class and he still made them have to revote for the second or third time this season (has to be a record on revoting).

Cochran - I like him but he's got to be careful or he's going to get the Phillip complex - thinking he's the king of the tribe but really the court jester.

I thought the tub of peanut butter for the tribe at the auction was a BAD idea - well then again I find these massive quick eat things at the end of the challenge bad BECAUSE of the stuff that has to be on them intermingling with other germs. Even at my most hungry I'd not do that... I'd hate to be eliminated due to a medevac for dysentery.
    If I had been Malcolm I'd not risked so much for an advantage that was covered - even I knew that that a covered advantage wasn't the one that was coveted. Jeff ALWAYS shows a rolled up parchment, possibly a parchment in a bottle or envelope. It was a $480 mistake.

Smart move by Andrea to keep an eye on Malcolm when he got caught searching for the idol. Don't think it'll help anyone though.

Not a bad episode, and I admit for the most part I'd be OK with any of the remaining contestants win - even Reynold, who is annoying as everything but is surviving a cutthroat social game.

It still wasn't as bad as when they had to tear the meat off of the pig carcass and spit it into a bowl. The winners got to take home both teams bowls! OMG my mouth was watering (in a bad way) for a week after watching that!

Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate View Post
    Sad to see Malcolm go; he'd provided some really great entertainment this season, and he's just so nice to look at . But the upside here is that Eddie and Reynold are probably next. Malcolm was definitely the brains of the group. After the IC, he should have talked to Eddie/Reynold so that they could somehow distract Andrea and he could have had some digging time to himself, although he said in his exit that he wouldn't have played the idol even if he'd had it. I was conflicted; I wanted Malcolm to succeed, but I don't like Eddie or Reynold. Definitely rooting for Cochran to win the whole thing! He was hilarious at the auction "more often than you'd think!"

Eww on the peanut butter being smeared off their bodies and placed in a communal bowl. It reminds me of a few seasons back (I think it may have been South Pacific) where they had that challenge where they had to get the meat off the carcass using only their mouths in a certain amount of time. Part of the reward of winning was that they got to keep the meat they collected during the challenge. The meat that had been in everyone's mouth.
    I should learn to read the whole thread before posting - I said the same thing about the other challenge - that was disgusting!

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I really think Cochran is playing a caricature of himself. The funny "more often than you think" comments, calling himself the "challenge monster" and the way he trotted over to get the necklace ... did not really feel big-headed or arrogant. I think he is bemusedly pleased with himself being the opposite of what he seems.

It is just very funny.
    I agree Echo - I don't believe for a minute he is taking himself seriously. I am really enjoying this season - it's been the best in quite a few years. Rooting for Cochran for the win!
    AZChristian and sparklete like this.

I just listened to Rob Cesternino's interview with Malcolm on Youtube. Malcolm said that he had been looking for the idol for a really long time before Andrea showed up. He also said that they really only were standing there for about 20 minutes, and the producers/whoever changed the lighting, etc. to make it seem like they had been standing there for much longer. So he was having so much trouble finding the idol that looking for it while Andrea was there probably wouldn't have helped, especially if she had found it instead.

Found it strange that Cochran didn't even have to spend all his money on the advantage in the immunity challenge. He paid, what, $320? Usually there's a bidding war for those things, or someone just goes straight to $500 to prevent someone else from getting there first. And Sherri immediately spending $500 on that pizza...yeah, dumb move. Also surprising was the fact that neither Eddie or Reynold really tried to get the immunity advantage. The immunity advantage usually results in the person winning that challenge. Malcolm also said that those two weren't very good at coming up with plans... now that I have no trouble believing.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

+ Reply to Thread