+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: 4/17 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 4/17 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I still think he should have saved it. The three amigos or the three stooges. Losing a million for one TC , not sure it was Malcolm's wisest move

Exactly. Malcolm knows he's out of there as soon as he doesn't play an idol or win immunity. The only other one that folks want to get rid of as bad, would be Reynold, who may be doing better than him at the challenges.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Wow...traveling so I missed this, definitely will be looking for it! I think Phillip will definitely play up the sacrifice for the team he was leading, fell on his sword aspect...that the enemy team wanted to take out the leader so he sacrificed himself---and he really did help them--if he hadn't told them to vote as before Malcolm might have decided that his group didn't need to play their two idols. Now the idols are out (at least for the moment! Malcolm and Reynold seem to be idol seeking missiles!) and Phillip's former team has a clearer path.

Things that make you go hmm ... 2 votes now at Ponderosa.... I can see both of them voting for Sherri if she makes it to F3. Michael was in her original alliance and she'd obviously made friends with Phillip.
    Interesting that Andrea's name came up and not Sherri's from all you are saying---sounds as if she is bonding with some people in power we don't know about yet.

As far as Sherri is concerned, I think it's less about bonding and more about her not seeming to be a threat. She doesn't do well at the challenges, and she votes as she's told versus trying to shake things up like Andrea.

FORT Fan

Yes! that was my thinking.It seemed a bit, hmm contrived all this. I just got that feeling.Although I am know TC went on for much longer, and I think much was said. I wish I could see( again) what was left on the cutting room floor

If Malcolm keeps finding idols he will be okay, if not, toast. I wouldn't have given up my idol. What did Eddie do to deserve it? not a thing.

I agree that he needs an idol or immunity to remain there. I think that Reynold and Eddie are tight enough to vote Malcolm out, if they're presented with the offer of saving themselves. Malcolm will not be trusted by anyone now that they know he kept an idol secret. Almost everyone will be gunning for him at the next TC, if he doesn't have immunity.
    Last edited by MsFaninNJ; 04-18-2013 at 07:34 PM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    Last nights TC was brilliant! Loved it! What I didn't understand though, was once the HII were pulled out why did the band of 7 start whispering "Andrea's" name? Were they going to vote for her themselves or speculating who the 3 amigos were gunning for? TIA!

I believe that they wanted her out, if they couldn't vote for the three outcasts (if you will). Even before Phillip and Sherri, they wanted to get rid of Andrea. Some may feel that she's sort of running things, and that she can't be trusted with all the hanging out she does with Eddie, Reynold and Malcolm. She may be seen as being in the similar position that Corrine was in, having a secondary alliance.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I think we didn't see it is because it didn't happen. From the look of surprise and joy on Eddie's face when Malcom gave him that idol, I think they thought he would use that newly found idol on himself and still didn't know about the idol he had found way back when they were still playing as two tribes. I think Malcom decided on that all by himself at the last minute after watching what was going on at camp and throughout the tribal council. I don't think he said anything to Eddie or Reynold so that he could keep his options open up until the last minute and thus, not making any promises that he didn't keep and potentially alienating possible votes down the line if he makes it to the finals.

Also, just wanted to ask...What was Michael doing at tribal? He seemed to be trying to signal to someone...possibly the three amigos? And is that allowed? I have never seen a jury member try to influence the game that way at tribal. Usually they just sit back and enjoy the kaos but he seemed to be trying to say something.

I didn't delete the show off of my DVR, because I wanted to see the TC again. I too noticed Michael pointing or something and I'm curious as to what that's all about. As you said, they usually enjoy the chaos without getting involved.

I still think he should have saved it. The three amigos or the three stooges. Losing a million for one TC , not sure it was Malcolm's wisest move
    I'd say it was worth it, how was he to know that they weren't going to vote for him? He found 2 idols already, so he's probably confident that he'll find a third. Now he's in a really good position of only needing to draft 2 people to even the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Badseed View Post
    I'd say it was worth it, how was he to know that they weren't going to vote for him? He found 2 idols already, so he's probably confident that he'll find a third. Now he's in a really good position of only needing to draft 2 people to even the numbers
    Time will tell, we all see it differently.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Brilliant move from Malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFaninNJ View Post
    I agree, that Malcolm should have held onto the other idol that no one knows he has... IMO, once folks start playing for individual immunity, they should try to get the strongest folks out at every opportunity. He should have let them vote Eddie out, while Malcolm goes on to have a one in nine chance. There were only ten folks left and there can only be one winner. Then next time if he doesn't win immunity, he can play the other idol and have a one in eight chance. If I'm not mistaken, at this stage of the game when an idol is played they place another one out there. Malcolm could have tried to find a third idol, and continue like that.
    That was his other option but what he did is an equally good option in that he was able to shake up the Nuts 'r Us alliance. Bringing Erik finally to their side. The alliance didn't know what to do. They were in a frenzy, scrambling for who to vote, whispering at each other. It was fun to watch as Cochran and Michael along with the 3 Amigos and Jeff were all giggling with glee. The alliance were ignoring Jeff. I didn't think that was allowed but if I were Reynold, I would have eavesdropped on what Phillip was whispering to Brenda and Dawn. I wonder if he even heard them. Dawn could not relay the message to Sheri, Cochran and Erik because Andrea was the one they want voted out and she's in the middle. So Phillip just said to vote as planned and not to try to take him out and "malign his character". When Phillip said that, Malcolm's face looked disappointed as I think he wasn't going to play his idol and now was forced to do so. Erik of course, called out Malcolm's strategy.

Survivor: Caramoan - The Extra Immunity - YouTube

What Malcolm should have done is to not reveal his 2nd HII. After the votes were cast, he should have told Reynold to give his immunity necklace to Eddie. That way, he didn't have to use his 2nd HII and reveal it. I don't know if Reynold would agree to that a 2nd time but if he is smart, he should because it is not likely that they will vote for him for having the II. Parvati did this before so it's not unprecedented.

I wish Malcolm won the IC because then he can make this kind of move. After the votes have been cast, he would give his II to Reynold and the 1st HII to Eddie, rendering all three safe from votes while keeping his 2nd HII hidden. Now all they had to do is look for the HII again and win IC. Rinse and repeat!
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 04-18-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    Endit likes this.

FORT Fan

I was thinking that they have to give up the necklace BEFORE the vote, while Jeff asks for the idols AFTER the vote.
    holly71, NCLurker, Brooks and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread