+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: 4/17 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 4/17 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

I think Malcolm was right to use both idols. Chances are quite good that he'll find at least one of them again...and probably the following day. TPTB seem to want the idols to be found, and Malcolm appears to be one of the few who will spend enough time looking to actually find them. I say use them when you've got them, and then spend the next day finding them again. One in the alliance of seven commented that they don't know why they spend so much time sitting around camp, instead of out hunting for the idol. (Dawn maybe?) Anyways, the seven were so confident they apparently didn't see a need....until last minute when they watched Malcolm find it while they were standing around.

FORT Fan

"Wow. When Cochran looks tickled, I feel delighted."

I know! I feel the same way! Everyone else is cold and hungry and tired and in-the-moment, but he is still able to kind of step outside the game and watch events unfold, really see everything as if he were watching on his TV, and react like a true fan of the game.

Malcolm did the same thing to some extent when he whipped out that second immunity idol -- in that moment he was truly playing the game and loving it. I loved the grin on his face. Someone else called it arrogance, but I really appreciate players who are thrilled to be playing Survivor.
    holly71, Punkin, NCLurker and 10 others like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by judibug
    (regarding Cochran) I know! I feel the same way! Everyone else is cold and hungry and tired and in-the-moment, but he is still able to kind of step outside the game and watch events unfold, really see everything as if he were watching on his TV, and react like a true fan of the game.
    I said the same thing this morning in Cochran's thread... he is very observational about the game, almost like he's just watching and not even playing. I know we, as viewers, sometimes have a clearer view on the game because we aren't emotionally involved. Cochran seems to be playing that way.

I had no problem either with Malcolm's joy in the moment. He knew all three of them being safe was a huge moment... it was really his to enjoy.

I'm on the fence about whether this was Malcolm's best move. If he had saved the idol, he ensured himself 6 more days and these two vote outs. That can make a big difference. However, he had dug himself a huge hole until this point by alienating his former alliance. Either way, I don't know if he can find a way back in. Perhaps getting out Fillup was the right thing to do, but is it enough? I don't know.

It will be very interesting to see what happens now that Fillup is gone! Is it a game changer? I can't wait to find out.
    Midol likes this.

FORT Fogey

I wish I knew how to screen cap. Eddie's face when Malcolm handed him the idol was just like a 6-year-old on Christmas morning.

And Michael, sitting on juror's row, was equally delighted.

That was fun.
    Punkin, Moontat, ilja and 2 others like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I wish I knew how to screen cap. Eddie's face when Malcolm handed him the idol was just like a 6-year-old on Christmas morning.

And Michael, sitting on juror's row, was equally delighted.

That was fun.
    Alexxx did you see Ponderosa( under Phillips thread) Micheal is still grinning!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by MsFaninNJ View Post
    I agree, that Malcolm should have held onto the other idol that no one knows he has... IMO, once folks start playing for individual immunity, they should try to get the strongest folks out at every opportunity. He should have let them vote Eddie out, while Malcolm goes on to have a one in nine chance. There were only ten folks left and there can only be one winner. Then next time if he doesn't win immunity, he can play the other idol and have a one in eight chance. If I'm not mistaken, at this stage of the game when an idol is played they place another one out there. Malcolm could have tried to find a third idol, and continue like that.
    Yes! that was my thinking.It seemed a bit, hmm contrived all this. I just got that feeling.Although I am know TC went on for much longer, and I think much was said. I wish I could see( again) what was left on the cutting room floor

If Malcolm keeps finding idols he will be okay, if not, toast. I wouldn't have given up my idol. What did Eddie do to deserve it? not a thing.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I'm on the fence about whether this was Malcolm's best move. If he had saved the idol, he ensured himself 6 more days and these two vote outs. That can make a big difference. However, he had dug himself a huge hole until this point by alienating his former alliance. Either way, I don't know if he can find a way back in.
    It's passed time to try to get in and there were never enough idols for that. His strategy has to be to convince some of the six to defect.
    Alexxxx and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    It's passed time to try to get in and there were never enough idols for that. His strategy has to be to convince some of the six to defect.
    He could do that. I just think too often they said we three. Or-The three of us, so he sort of boxed himself in. Not good game playing
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 04-18-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    -Andy Rooney-

Last nights TC was brilliant! Loved it! What I didn't understand though, was once the HII were pulled out why did the band of 7 start whispering "Andrea's" name? Were they going to vote for her themselves or speculating who the 3 amigos were gunning for? TIA!

FORT Fan

It was great fun for the audience to be blind-sided by Malcolm's move, but I have been wondering what we didn't see as the Three Amigos plotted this ahead of time. Malcolm had to do some quick thinking to explain to Reynold why he asked him for his idol last week when he (Malcolm) already had an idol of his own. Maybe because it was back at camp? But if you had an idol, wouldn't you always, always bring it to Tribal Council just in case? I was waiting for a blow-up between Reynold and Malcolm but it never happened.

+ Reply to Thread