+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Survivor 27 Spec and *SPOILERS*

Re: Survivor 27 Spec and *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I just found this... looks like its a returning player and one of their family members. Apparently there will be NO Hantz's - whew lol.

Here is a list of some of the people that are supposedly on next season:

Colton and his partner
    R.C. and her Dad
    Natalie Bolton and her partner

1-Colton. Ewwww

2- RC. Isn't she the horrible Brazilian from last season? Please tell me I am remembering this wrong.

3-Natalie - Isn't she the player Erik very stupidly gave his idol to?

***edit

Never mind about RC. I didn't like her but Abi is the one I was afraid was coming back.
    Last edited by dagwood; 05-13-2013 at 09:57 PM.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Colton and his partner.

No. I hope this is wrong. I don't care if he has five fans who want him back. I won't watch if Colton is on my screen.

I have deep concern they are inviting Reynold back. His question at the reunion was leading... why was it hard being agaisnt the favourites, and then his response is that he couldn't make counter moves and it shut him down because it was his first time playing or something ridiculous like that. That comment concerned me because it suggests there will be a second time playing. Plus, Jeff didn't call him out for any of his bad game playing. Worries me.
    I couldn't abide a show with Colton on it... but Colton AND Reynold? A bigot and a chauvinist. Gross.
    Lil Bit, mushybrain and sparklete like this.

I agree. Colton is a deal breaker for me. I don't think anyone who was that vile and bigoted should be rewarded for his behavior by getting a chance at another season and if Survivor does this, they will lose me as a viewer.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Frankly I am getting sick of the stunt casting. Stop with casting people who are emotionally unstable like Brandon. Stop with casting nasty people just for the drama ... see Russell, Colton, Nanonka, Abi Maria. Stop with casting criers like Dawn and Lisa. And stop with casting all the pretty people who think they are all that and don't know how to count ... see Reynold, Eddie, Hope and Allie. Pick people who are fans and want to play the game. It can be done ... see Malcolm and Cochran.
    holly71, kev89, mushybrain and 1 others like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Hard to believe that Colton HAS a partner, nasty creep that he was.

I think they are going to split the partners up. My guess is half the experienced players will be on one team, half on the other, and their partners on the other. One thing to remember is that although these partners haven't played before (although now and then they have the "loved one" play when they visit, as this last series, or even without the partner), they know a lot more about the game than the average newbie. PLUS they may well know some of the experienced players---those folks socialize off season, do charity events ,etc., and partners may have been invited.

Oh, and I also think it was blood VS water, not blood AND water....that would make sense if you were on one team and your "blood" was on the other--where do your loyalties lie?

Post merge I would think the push would be to break up any surviving intact couples.

This will be interesting!

I think you are correct about the title being Blood versus Water ... but I think Jeff said Blood AND Water with regard to that being the answer to what the clue was and that is what I heard. They flashed an image of the "logo" and I remember the rocker at the bottom said the word Blood and the word water but don't remember what was between them.

ETA: I just searched images, and the new logo does indeed say Blood vs Water so I was wrong for the first time ever ... not ...
    Last edited by echo226; 05-14-2013 at 12:27 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Frankly I am getting sick of the stunt casting. Stop with casting people who are emotionally unstable like Brandon. Stop with casting nasty people just for the drama ... see Russell, Colton, Nanonka, Abi Maria. Stop with casting criers like Dawn and Lisa. And stop with casting all the pretty people who think they are all that and don't know how to count ... see Reynold, Eddie, Hope and Allie. Pick people who are fans and want to play the game. It can be done ... see Malcolm and Cochran.
    I think I said the very same thing Midol. These shows, and I want to scream( ALL OF THEM) don't need stunt ( sigh) casting
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS

I think they are going to split the partners up. My guess is half the experienced players will be on one team, half on the other, and their partners on the other. One thing to remember is that although these partners haven't played before (although now and then they have the "loved one" play when they visit, as this last series, or even without the partner), they know a lot more about the game than the average newbie. PLUS they may well know some of the experienced players---those folks socialize off season, do charity events ,etc., and partners may have been invited.

Oh, and I also think it was blood VS water, not blood AND water....that would make sense if you were on one team and your "blood" was on the other--where do your loyalties lie?
    That could also work if half the sets of partners were on one tribe and half on the other or really any way they split them up.

Any way they do it ... there are preset personal alliances and as someone said ... social connections outside the game. That could end up with some hard feelings as in Brenda and Dawn.

I think Eddie might come back rather than Malcolm or Reynold.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I just found this... looks like its a returning player and one of their family members. Apparently there will be NO Hantz's - whew lol.

Here is a list of some of the people that are supposedly on next season:

Aras and his brother
    Aras was ok, honestly I mainly remember Cirie, Shane, and Bruce from that season.
    Colton and his partner
    Oh no! Who really thought this was a good idea?
    Rob Cesternino and his wife Nicole
    Cool, Rob C was one of my favorite players, I hope he does better than he did on All Stars. Also cool to see someone from an earlier season back.
    Stephanie Valencia + ?
    I kind of liked her the first time, and thought she'd be good for a second chances type season. Too bad she aligned with Russell, but aligining with young women seems to be his strategy.
    Terry and his wife
    This is kind of interesting given that Terry and Aras didn't seem to like each other.
    Kat and her Cousin
    Kat was kind of weird, she seemed so dumb and immature, but suddenly matured in her jury speech. Didn't she have that weird greeting for her cousin too?
    R.C. and her Dad
    I liked RC last season, and she kind of got screwed, so I'm okay with her coming back.
    Gervase and his brother
    Now this is really cool to see someone from the first season, probably the person I'm most excited to see again.
    Natalie Bolton and her partner
    She was the girl Erik gave his idol too, and she had some interesting confessionals.
    Tina Wesson and her husband
    Another player from an early season, awesome. I wonder how she's aged though
    So, there's a few players I'm really happy to see back, but Colton just brings it all down. I agree with what others have said about having a season with new players. One of the things I love about the game is the element of there being strangers who never met being forced to rely on each other to set up camp, and to make decisions on who to trust based really on nothing else but first impressions and maybe what they chose to share about their lives. That element of knowing nothing about anyone else is lost in the returning players seasons, as in many cases they've met their competitors and not counting Malcolm or Rupert, they at least know the kind of game they played on TV. I'm not saying that seasons with returning players are bad, we just had two that I think were great, but it's something that should be done once in a while, and not all the time. Just some perspective, the first 19 seasons of Survivor had only three with returning players. Of the seven seasons since 20, five of them had returning players.

The family twist takes even more of that element of working with strangers away. They all seem to be close family too, so it's almost like the complete opposite of what Survivor is supposed to be. I'll watch Blood vs Water, but I really don't have high hopes for it.

I tried to watch the last time Colton was on and did not last very long. I might have come back after he left but I'm not sure.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Oh god, they're bringing back more returnees? Wow.

If they are, bring players who aren't cast as characters, people who are hardcore fans.

+ Reply to Thread