+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Survivor 27 Spec and *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Survivor 27 Spec and *SPOILERS*

OMG or how about some season where they bring back former Amazing Race teams? And put one of the teammates on one tribe and the other teammate on the other? omg imagine a tribe with Kynt, Oswald, Kevin, Ron, Jaime, Margie, Mel, Bopper, and Art <3 Their teammates on the other tribe.

Or another interest I have is Survivor vs Big Brother in a Survivor game. Former Survivors on one tribe and former BB players on the other. But I don't know how fair that would be.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    There would probably be too much liability with teenagers. People do get hurt, sometimes seriously, on that show and if it happened to a minor, it screams lawsuits.
    You're right ... but they could do Fathers and daughters vs. Mothers and sons!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, teens---the emotional stress with the hunger and lack of sleep is a killer for many adults---teens need even more sleep than adults and eat even more... and add to that the whole teen hormone mix... yikes, the emotional damage lawsuits!

I like that parental contest....and then at the merge the sons and daughters start hooking up.... or maybe cougars with other sons, moms and dads... yes, that could be an interesting dynamic.

Survivor vs. Big Brother in a Survivor setting would be a slaughter---the BB contestants, even the guys, are NOT outdoorsy material for the most part. The BB guys tend to have "gym muscles" vs. real muscles.

Blondes and brunettes---that would make it easy to tell the teams apart before the merge! Do they have to be natural blonds/blondes, etc.?
    Last edited by PWS; 04-30-2013 at 11:59 PM.

We absolutely need a tongue-in-cheek smiley!

Mohandas Gandhi

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Well I can't really think of much else that won't cause controversy

They can't divide tribes by religion or sexual orientation without causing a stir.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

They did it by race/ethnicity one season, and it caused a stir, but it was actually one of the better seasons. As I recall they had a tribe switch or stir fairly soon in, but people were OK with it because it got some different people on the show---people had been complaining that it was "too white" before.

The only problem with the parent child combo is the tendency of parents to sacrifice for the kids, as in The Biggist Loser, but since it would "all be in the family" maybe you'd get people really making a ratioale decision about who had the better chance to go far.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    They did it by race/ethnicity one season, and it caused a stir, but it was actually one of the better seasons. As I recall they had a tribe switch or stir fairly soon in, but people were OK with it because it got some different people on the show---people had been complaining that it was "too white" before.

The only problem with the parent child combo is the tendency of parents to sacrifice for the kids, as in The Biggist Loser, but since it would "all be in the family" maybe you'd get people really making a ratioale decision about who had the better chance to go far.
    As long as it isn't the Hantz family.

Mohandas Gandhi

I would like to see just one big tribe (not two tribes living together as they did in One World). For the challenges, they could just randomly select
    players to compete for one of two teams. It would be constantly changing. I think it might add some difficulty to the whole "alliance" aspect of the game.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I would like to see just one big tribe (not two tribes living together as they did in One World). For the challenges, they could just randomly select
    players to compete for one of two teams. It would be constantly changing. I think it might add some difficulty to the whole "alliance" aspect of the game.
    Love that idea!!

Either that or just do a regular season, 2 tribes, no returning players, no exile island, do hidden immunity idols.

I started to slow my watching of this show down when it looked like it was more actors and actresses/models cast than normal real people. I'd like one big tribe of all new people who are from normal walks of life.
    Lil Bit and ilja like this.

+ Reply to Thread