+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Survivor 27 Spec and *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Survivor 27 Spec and *SPOILERS*

Well obviously I hope that never happens. Russell Swan almost died, apparently, but they saved him, so that's good.

OMG ... ancient .
    Well that wasn't what I was implying. I just posted it for trivia's sake.
    Punkin likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Well, I've been reading some more on Sucks, and a possibility is that a pair were voted out together at the first TC, with that pair then competing against eachother in the Redemption Island duel. That's interesting, but kind of lame.

I was so hoping for a brand new cast and obviously that is not going to happen. Some of these people I don't remember at all and others I do. Colton being brought back is something that just makes me wonder what CBS is thinking when they make these decisions. I would think there would be a lot of people who would love the chance at playing this game for the first time, but maybe I am wrong. If there are a lot who do want a first chance I would much rather see that, and don't understand why TPTB make these decisions. As someone said up thread for some of these people they will have to make the challenges less demanding because it has been a long time for them. I would rather see Survivor the way it use to be played. All new people, all new strategies, and challenges the way they were when Survivor first started. I will tune in because I have never missed a season, but don't know if I will be watching it the whole season unless I am very surprised and it turns out better then it looks on paper right now.

JohnnyK thanks for all the information you are bringing to us.
    holly71 and Punkin like this.

I really don't think anyone in their 40's or 50's or even some 60's is going to have a heart attack from these challenges. If there is a heart or lung problem, it can happen at any age. I'm sure these people all have physical exams and have to be declared fit enough to be cast in the first place. I'm not nearly as sure about psych exams based on what we seen in the past several seasons.
    Punkin likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

The internal organs may hold up just fine, but what about hips, knees and shoulders?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The internal organs may hold up just fine, but what about hips, knees and shoulders?
    I think its hard on any body. The young ones say it is, so when you reach 50's, I think it really tales a toil
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Not sure where to put this since it is both Survivor and Big Brother related and not sure if it has been mentioned any place else, so apologize if it is a repeat. Just read where Cochran has decided to be the Big Brother recapper for Entertainment WeeklyĎs website EW.com. He said "Itís a big commitment. Iíve become somewhat of a Big Brother fanatic given last season. I thought last season was really fantastic, so Iím excited. Iím excited to flex my writing chops a little bit and I hope people enjoy it. Iím really looking forward to it."

I was a little surprised, but he also said if asked to play Survivor again he would not do it. He thinks everything worked out perfectly for him this past season, and doesn't think it would happen again. He didn't do much celebrating at all after his win, but he did have that beer with Eddie.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Not sure where to put this since it is both Survivor and Big Brother related and not sure if it has been mentioned any place else, so apologize if it is a repeat. Just read where Cochran has decided to be the Big Brother recapper for Entertainment Weekly‘s website EW.com. He said "It’s a big commitment. I’ve become somewhat of a Big Brother fanatic given last season. I thought last season was really fantastic, so I’m excited. I’m excited to flex my writing chops a little bit and I hope people enjoy it. I’m really looking forward to it."

I was a little surprised, but he also said if asked to play Survivor again he would not do it. He thinks everything worked out perfectly for him this past season, and doesn't think it would happen again. He didn't do much celebrating at all after his win, but he did have that beer with Eddie.
    It is here somewhere( maybe under his name) that he would recap BB. I am so happy for him , and happy he had a beer with Eddie
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread