+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree251Likes

Thread: 4/3 Survivor 26 Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/3 Survivor 26 Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    It is my fear that because everyone has been holding their tongue and just going along with CrazyPhilip that he will get far into this game. He now has the majority alliance and it's endgame time now and people will want to take him to end because they think no one will vote for him. My thought is that they WILL vote for him to win. Sometimes when someone with no chance to ever win makes it to the end people will vote for them just because they had such an uphill battle and made it to the finals. Corinne seemed to be only one gunning to take Philip out and I haven't heard anyone else that vocal about it, so I'm not sure they are really looking to get rid of him at this point. Unless some of his alliance members start making big moves they couldn't win against him at the end as it appears they have all ridden his coattails and let him call the shots so far- which is a scary thought! Come on, Cochran...I know you've got game, so let's see it!

I also think if Philip does manage to get voted off he will arrive at the Ponderosa and tell everyone he "threw the vote" and told everyone to vote for him! God forbid he actually fails at something! He is a legend in his own mind
    I don't think we have to worry about Phillip winning if he does get himself dragged to the finals. The people who have won this way were liked. They may not have done much, seemed to have followed orders by the more dominant player, etc., but, they was always liked or at least more liked than the alternative. Phillip is not liked and even though they let him think he is in charge, everyone knows that is not the case and that they are only doing that to appease him and keep him from being the giant pain that we all know him to be.
    holly71 and Punkin like this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Best of the night were Corinne!'s facial expressions as they changed from smug as the votes for Sherri were read to the first and subsequent votes for her.
    And .. recalling her saying she liked blindsides and it was time for a blindside. How's that working for you now, Corrine! ?
    Punkin likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

I also loved the look on Sherri's face when she heard she was safe.
    ilja likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

If Malcolm would talke to Sherri he's probably like her, as he did Denise, but doubt he has much chance for that as she's staying far away from his alliance mates. I still like Malcolm, from last season, even though he's being shown as more cocky this time. He's with the idiots because he saw what happened to him last time when he was the last brawny member of the core alliance...they dumped him as soon as they could to avoid having him in the F3 strength test. It actually made sense what he did. He's not cozying up to them because he's of the same mind set, but because he realizes that he's the biggest brawn in the Fav team, and the first to go as soon as they get rid of Reynold and Eddie.
    Where Malcolm is going wrong is that he doesn't realize what a threat Cochran is...smart and likeable....whereas Malcolm is smart(er than he looks), likeable, attractive and strong---a much more obvious threat. When it gets near the end just smart and likeable can be a safer combination. Malcolm knows he's at risk, but he hasn't figured out where the biggest threat is. Even he likes Cochran, and so is fine with him checking off an item on his bucket list. And yes, he sounded complacent that he could get Cochran later, but that's because he thought he had the winning side, so why not let Cochran win immunity this time, there are plenty of other targets on his side.
    So, to sum up, Malcolm's current strategy makes him less likeable, but it also shows him trying to learn from what happened his first season. Sadly I think he's doomed to never win---he has many of Boston Rob's traits, but without the killer cutthroat aspect that let Rob kill off Lex back when he played with Amber.

spockwhat asked: First, why does everyone go to Dawn?
    I think it's because she cuts cheese!

Seriously, I think it's because she represents some sort of comfort zone. She's older, not intimidating, she listens and nods .... kind of the "Mom" figure.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    It is my fear that because everyone has been holding their tongue and just going along with CrazyPhilip that he will get far into this game. He now has the majority alliance and it's endgame time now and people will want to take him to end because they think no one will vote for him. My thought is that they WILL vote for him to win. ....
    So why is Phillip still there? How many chances did they have to vote him out before the merge? And why would anyone feel any loyalty to him after it? Can you imagine living with this guy 24 hours a day? And if some street person -- as I think of Phillip -- anointed you with a new name and told you that you were his special agent, wouldn't you want to get him as far away from you as you possibly could? And if none of that matters, why would you keep someone who announced/lied that he single-handedly threw an immunity challenge? How does anybody think they get ahead by keeping Phillip around?
    Punkin and Lil Bit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fan999 View Post
    So why is Phillip still there? How many chances did they have to vote him out before the merge? And why would anyone feel any loyalty to him after it? Can you imagine living with this guy 24 hours a day? And if some street person -- as I think of Phillip -- anointed you with a new name and told you that you were his special agent, wouldn't you want to get him as far away from you as you possibly could? And if none of that matters, why would you keep someone who announced/lied that he single-handedly threw an immunity challenge? How does anybody think they get ahead by keeping Phillip around?
    Cochran absolutely considers Philip to be his golden goose and wants him at his side in the finals. It's why Cochran can tolerate what he considers "ludicrous" behavior by Philip, but Cochran worries Philip is so off-putting to others that he may have trouble convincing others to keep Philip around. You see, Philip isn't the only one trying to channel Boston Rob. So is Cochran, as far as managing Philip and protecting him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I think it's because she cuts cheese!

Seriously, I think it's because she represents some sort of comfort zone. She's older, not intimidating, she listens and nods .... kind of the "Mom" figure.
    And they have mistakenly assumed she is on the bottom of the alliance. They have pigeoned her as the older and expendable player. Silly younguns.

And I love how Cochran lets Phillip think he is calling the shots. Luckily he always reports to him. They will keep Phillip until they don't need is vote. I expect to see Malcom go before him and hopefully in a blindside with II in pocket. It isn't because I dont like Malcom, I do. I just LOVE blindsides with IIs!
    ilja and Midol like this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by fan999 View Post
    When I think about the conditions they're living in and how boring they all say it gets it makes sense to me that Phillip could be very entertaining to have around to relieve the boredom. As long as you didn't take him seriously, that is.

I don't think anyone sees him as any sort of real threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    And I love how Cochran lets Phillip think he is calling the shots. Luckily he always reports to him. They will keep Phillip until they don't need his vote.
    Cochran desperately wants to go to final TC with Philip. I don't think he cares much how Philip votes.

+ Reply to Thread