+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: 3/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 3/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I find it hard to beleive that anyone in Phillip's tribe pays any attention to him anymore. Keep him around for laughs but for heaven's sake think for yourselves!

Or maybe these people really are idiots.

BTW I don't agree about Cochran's having a smart strategy. Unless he starts actually doing something besides game commentary he may find he's the next on Phillip's list for being voted out.

(Still having trouble wrapping my brain around how they let Phillip lose the IC for them.)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    I find it hard to beleive that anyone in Phillip's tribe pays any attention to him anymore. Keep him around for laughs but for heaven's sake think for yourselves!

Or maybe these people really are idiots.

BTW I don't agree about Cochran's having a smart strategy. Unless he starts actually doing something besides game commentary he may find he's the next on Phillip's list for being voted out.

(Still having trouble wrapping my brain around how they let Phillip lose the IC for them.)
    Cochran is playing well, definately. He has positioned himself in good standing with everyone and worked at bolstering Philip to gain his confidence so he can control him gently. He is playing the nerd who cannot win and posing no threat. As of now he is at the bottom of the targets being drawn list and I think he will remain there.
    Punkin, march and AZChristian like this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Cochran is playing well, definately. He has positioned himself in good standing with everyone and worked at bolstering Philip to gain his confidence so he can control him gently. He is playing the nerd who cannot win and posing no threat. As of now he is at the bottom of the targets being drawn list and I think he will remain there.
    You could be right. I hope you are. I just see how Phillip changes his notions about players from moment to moment and in light of what else he's been able to convince his tribe members to do, I can see him suddenly deciding that Cochran must go.

After all, Julia was nice to him and boosted his ego too and look where she is now.

You could be right. I hope you are. I just see how Phillip changes his notions about players from moment to moment and in light of what else he's been able to convince his tribe members to do, I can see him suddenly deciding that Cochran must go.

After all, Julia was nice to him and boosted his ego too and look where she is now.
    Phillip doesn't decide who goes, it might look that way. But that would be up to the real leader. That real leader said one of the fans has to go, so they don't have the numbers
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

They agreed to split the votes in case one had the idol. Neither did so they followed the plan to vote Julia out. Philip has no say in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Did Phillip say Julia committed a "foo pas"? Tell me I misheard that.
    I thought he said "foo pots" !

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    Sorry, cereal post -- Philip, SHUT UP ABOUT ROB! You know nothing. NOTHING.
    But, but, they are on an initial basis ... Phillip calls him BR and Boston Rob probably calls our "special agent" SA ... for Silly A$$
    Last edited by echo226; 03-28-2013 at 05:47 PM.
    holly71 likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboi View Post
    Why in the world didn't Corrine, Michael and Julia vote out Phillip and take control of the game?
    My thoughts exactly. They never showed Corrine talking to Julia but she could have told Michael to talk to Julia and vote with them. Maybe Corrine never liked Julia to begin with. But if Corrine wanted to make a bold move, this was it. Blindside Philip. I thought her strategy was to have 4 Favorites split their votes such that she could have Michael and Julia vote with her to get rid of Philip. It would have been a brilliant move as she convinced her alliance to split the vote. The count would have gone like so:

Philip - 3
    Julia - 2
    Michael - 1

And we finally get rid of Philip which everyone seem to just laugh at anyway. He's a delusional, egotistical idiot. When his ego couldn't take it for losing a challenge, he would say he threw it. In the IC he said to just walk it because the girls cannot run, when in reality it was he who was the weak one and couldn't run. In fact, Corrine was even carrying 40lbs at some point when he should be carrying it. He was also the one left behind and got tagged. Way to drag the team down and blame it on the girls, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    My thoughts exactly. They never showed Corrine talking to Julia but she could have told Michael to talk to Julia and vote with them. Maybe Corrine never liked Julia to begin with. But if Corrine wanted to make a bold move, this was it. Blindside Philip. I thought her strategy was to have 4 Favorites split their votes such that she could have Michael and Julia vote with her to get rid of Philip. It would have been a brilliant move as she convinced her alliance to split the vote. The count would have gone like so:

Philip - 3
    Julia - 2
    Michael - 1

And we finally get rid of Philip which everyone seem to just laugh at anyway. He's a delusional, egotistical idiot. When his ego couldn't take it for losing a challenge, he would say he threw it. In the IC he said to just walk it because the girls cannot run, when in reality it was he who was the weak one and couldn't run. In fact, Corrine was even carrying 40lbs at some point when he should be carrying it. He was also the one left behind and got tagged. Way to drag the team down and blame it on the girls, LOL.
    I have to disagree completely. They have all played this game before. They are not thinking about the next vote - they are thinking about the merge. If Corinne had gone against Phillip, broken the alliance and voted with the fans, then she would have been the first one voted out after the merge. There wouldn't have been enough Fans (and not even a guarantee that Michael and Julia would stay with her post merge) and the Favorites would have turned on her immediately.
    TripleGemini likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I can only guess, but my guess would be that there's no way Julia would side with The Joker over Phillip. She had already made her bed with Phillip, and for better or worse was going to lie in it. Besides, if The Joker had approached Julia and it got back to Phillip, Phillip would surely have gone after The Joker. The move was too risky. It seems to me that The Joker's best option was to concentrate on getting Julia out and keeping Michael.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    They agreed to split the votes in case one had the idol. Neither did so they followed the plan to vote Julia out. Philip has no say in anything.
    I was running in and out of the room during the show so I may have misunderstood but I thought I heard Philip say something against Julia that led me to believe he wanted them to vote her out.

I could be wrong about this. I have been wrong at least twice before in my life.

+ Reply to Thread