+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: 3/20/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/20/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

So you are all sure she said gays, and not guys? I think I must have heard guys which is why it didn't throw me.
    teatime likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    So you are all sure she said gays, and not guys? I think I must have heard guys which is why it didn't throw me.
    I never heard her say gays either, and it makes much more sense that she said "I like the guys", since none of the favs are gay as far as we've been told.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I watched it twice with CC on.She said gays( for sure) that's why the camera panned quickly to Micheal
    Minney likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    She said it multiple times before TC and again in TC when Jeff asked her how things were going for her in the new tribe--the only "context" was she's happy because she loves "the gays". What's unlikeable about it, as explained well above I thought, but maybe you haven't read the backlog yet, is implying "gays" are all the same, a group of clones. It would be equally unlikeable if she said, I really like the straights... or the blacks, or the disabled.. Everyone in the group is not going to be likeable. It takes some of Michael's individuality away--you like him, or you don't, you don't like him because he's gay, but because he's fun, or listens to you, or likes country music like you do. Of course there are worse things she could have said, like, I DON'T like the gays (again lumping them all together), and frankly given her hyperreligiousness the last time around that's what I would have expected.
    It was especially offputting as, so far as we've seen, Michael never mentions being gay--it's not a big thing to him. I certainly didn't know he was gay before she said it--in fact when she said it the first time I wouldn't have known which of the two fan guys she meant IF Survivor hadn't practically simultaneously run a shot of Michael stretching in a lawn chair... I guess it was meant to be a "gay" stretch? Of course, thanks to the editing maybe we don't know he discusses it constantly, but I doubt it somehow.
    I didn't see the previous season Corinne was on, so I had no preconceived notion about her. When I heard her say it, I thought she was just making a joke. I'm sure her friends know her and know that is how she meant it. I even generally got what she was saying so it didn't bother me for that. Call me stupid, but until last night, I didn't know Michael was gay. I had never heard him mention anything about it before. That was the only problem I had with it. Based on the way he edited it, he seemed a little shocked that she said that. But I don't think you just guess on things like that (at least I don't) so I'm assuming at some point it came up before that just wasn't aired.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I didn't see the previous season Corinne was on, so I had no preconceived notion about her. When I heard her say it, I thought she was just making a joke. I'm sure her friends know her and know that is how she meant it. I even generally got what she was saying so it didn't bother me for that. Call me stupid, but until last night, I didn't know Michael was gay. I had never heard him mention anything about it before. That was the only problem I had with it. Based on the way he edited it, he seemed a little shocked that she said that. But I don't think you just guess on things like that (at least I don't) so I'm assuming at some point it came up before that just wasn't aired.
    She also said my gay was saved - something like that.
    NCLurker likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

To the Point

I heard gays! I still have it on dvr. I'll try to go back & listen again, but I am nearly certain it was gays not guys.
    scoot13 and Fanny Mare like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Could this be Corinne's first venture out of her own closet????

I went back to Corine's thread from 2009, and it appears she hasn't changed much.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I went back to Corine's thread from 2009, and it appears she hasn't changed much.
    She was disliked because she spoke her mind and it often came out mean. She has really restrained herself this time.

I think she was reaching at TC last evening because she didn't want to be seen as favoring any group and therefore not a threat.

I went to you tube to see her speech. UGH!
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread