+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree339Likes

Thread: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Just to inject some data into the discussion, there's a ton of psych research showing that being goodlooking helps you in life...people see you as nicer, brighter, etc., just because you are attractive.
    Looking at last season, Malcolm's first, when he had more screen time, he got raves about being nice as well as attractive... don't see people rave about the "niceness" of less pretty people.
    Speaking of which, I wish Malcolm would get more screen time. I much prefer watching him to that tool, Reynolds. That he's not I hope means he last a long time. I know it is partly because the Fans are constantly going to TC, but still... Guess I have to hope that if there is a swap coming up he's on the losing side...

Malcolm was or is a nice guy though. I like Reynolds, but he's nowhere near as nice a person as Malcolm( although I hope to hear what he is really like at the finale) . I think Malcolm did survivor too quickly after the last on.

Cochran isn't good looking, but I love him on my screen.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Didn't some say they liked Russell , is that what you mean.

Russell is older or you can say mature and he is not ugly physically. Personality wise when he gets angry he is a total troll.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Russell is older or you can say mature and he is not ugly physically. Personality wise when he gets angry he is a total troll.
    I thought he was an ugly little munchkin. I thought the way he spoke to women, calling the the b word was awful. He still made for good TV- he just did. Finding all those idols. Then we see him at the finale with his wife and he is as meek as anything. Survivor is all about personalities and how they work with, or against one another.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I'm sorry you don't recall all of the things that Reynolds said. I would suggest watching the first couple of episodes.

Once again, I would advise watching the first couple of episodes, where we see Reynold's group become allies and the others take notice of it.
    I don't get offended by alliances, at all. Only when the alliance is a minority, 4 versus 6, and yet the minority group feels they are somehow superior and talks about how the others want to be them. And yes, if it was 4 older people and they did the same thing, I would find it obnoxious, but beyond that, completely STUPID. Doesn't matter what age you are, dumb is dumb.

I don't even know how to respond to the "we are conditioned to hold resentment against young attractive people" comment. Since the opposite is actually the truth. Anyone reading this thread can see how Reynold is getting a pass with a lot of people BECAUSE he is attractive, despite his heinous personality. And why doesn't everyone hate Malcolm, since he's good looking? And young?

I've never seen a jerk get a pass because they are old or ugly. If someone could name one, I'd love to see it.
    I do think folks are excusing a lot of Reynolds comments and behavior because they do find him attractive. I rather judge a player on how well they play the game not how well they look. I do think Reynolds does and has taken advantage of his success in life based on his attractiveness. You can tell by how he behaves in the game. While Malcolm also is attractive he plays a much better social game and strategic game. I do wish though folks wouldn't tell others right away that they have found the immunity idol.

I found it rather snobby of both Reynolds and Eddie to be laughing at Sherri for looking for the Immunity Idol right after Reynolds told Eddie he had found it as if his finding it proves how superior he is over everyone else.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 03-16-2013 at 12:30 PM.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Didn't some say they liked Russell , is that what you mean.
    Some people like super-villians. Russel never claimed to be a cool kid. He's a jerk and he knows it... he's a villian and he knows it. Reynold claims to be the cool one among nerds. Bearcata put it best when she said it's Reynold's sense of entitlement. For the record, I don't like either. Young or old, good looking or no, I don't really put in with douche bags.

In any case, you can't argue about who you like. We were asked WHY we did not like Reynold, we answered honestly. If others like him for other reasons, of course, that is their prerogative.
    Duckyface and AZChristian like this.

I thought he was an ugly little munchkin. I thought the way he spoke to women, calling the the b word was awful. He still made for good TV- he just did. Finding all those idols. Then we see him at the finale with his wife and he is as meek as anything. Survivor is all about personalities and how they work with, or against one another.

Again this is a case of some liking or not liking a persons personality and based on that like or dislike it shapes how you see that person.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Some people like super-villians. Russel never claimed to be a cool kid. He's a jerk and he knows it... he's a villian and he knows it. Reynold claims to be the cool one among nerds. Bearcata put it best when she said it's Reynold's sense of entitlement. For the record, I don't like either. Young or old, good looking or no, I don't really put in with douche bags.

In any case, you can't argue about who you like. We were asked WHY we did not like Reynold, we answered honestly. If others like him for other reasons, of course, that is their prerogative.
    I asked you about Russell, as you had you said name a jerk or someone old.

I asked if you meant someone like Russell.

I for one will be tuning into see the repercussions of Philips actions

Again this is a case of some liking or not liking a persons personality and based on that like or dislike it shapes how you see that person.
    That's the same every season- has been since this show started.
    -Andy Rooney-

I think there *will* be repercussions with regards to Phillip. Andrea is feeling really conflicted as she said she and Brandon had become close, and it's evident she doesn't like Phillip at all. I wonder what happens next week to have him turn on Corrinne. Maybe she didn't jump up and salute fast enough, or forgot the secret Stealth-R-Us handshake?

He's such a joke. I just cannot take anything about him seriously and while I do enjoy those who find humour in situations, and who try to lighten things up for people, Phillip just seems so unbalanced. He's a riot when everyone humors him with his fantasies, but the minute you appear to disagree, look out. His ego is incredibly fragile.
    mesachick and Alexxxx like this.

Malcolm was or is a nice guy though. I like Reynolds, but he's nowhere near as nice a person as Malcolm( although I hope to hear what he is really like at the finale) . I think Malcolm did survivor too quickly after the last on.

Cochran isn't good looking, but I love him on my screen.
    This is not unusual where a contestant that has proved incredibly popular to do two back to back seasons. Malcolm is doing it and Russell did it. However it is the contestants choice and they do have the advantage of having the survivor experience yet no one else has seen how they play so they are an unknown element.
    holly71 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread