+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree339Likes

Thread: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Yessssss! All playing to the cameras. I've seen people in rages and Brandon wasn't raging. The dumping of the rice and the beans...all calculated. He didn't do it in a temper. That phony crap with Jeff rubbing his shoulders.

The show is barely recognizable from the first few seasons. Now, it's basically Big Brother: Campout Edition. Yes, we're still watching, but there was really nothing wrong with the original concept of outwit/outlast/outplay. No need to add outrageous. It was fine when it was just regular people playing a game.
    I couldn't agree more w/you. I did not see actual Rage with Brandon. I think it was partially staged. Probably why in the interview, Brandon believes that he (and his family) are reality tv......the reality tv we are now given in all the reality type shows, not what we used to see.

I am so conflicted!

Everything Spockwhat and others have said about Reynold being immature and arrogant and egotistical is true, true, true. I have found all of his speechifying about the "cool kids table" and the attractiveness, or lack thereof, of certain women to be really offensive. I was dismayed at his bemused expression when all Hell was breaking loose with Brandon. It annoys me how he talks about himself as being such a great player. He clearly will never be mistaken for a Mensa candidate. And yet ... despite all that ... I find him REALLY physically attractive!!! How can this be?!? My attractiveness meter has ALWAYS been set on people who are humble and genuine and respectful.

I think I need an intervention!! Somebody help me!!
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I am so conflicted!

Everything Spockwhat and others have said about Reynold being immature and arrogant and egotistical is true, true, true. I have found all of his speechifying about the "cool kids table" and the attractiveness, or lack thereof, of certain women to be really offensive. I was dismayed at his bemused expression when all Hell was breaking loose with Brandon. It annoys me how he talks about himself as being such a great player. He clearly will never be mistaken for a Mensa candidate. And yet ... despite all that ... I find him REALLY physically attractive!!! How can this be?!? My attractiveness meter has ALWAYS been set on people who are humble and genuine and respectful.

I just keep remembering what Judge Judy says "beauty fades, but dumb is forever!"
    GabbyG, Coco46 and AZChristian like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I think I like Reynold so much because he reminds me of me in some ways. I was never one of the cool kids in school so I'm not like him in that regard but I expected a lot from myself and other people perceived that as me being snobby. Reynold did go back and help Laura when she was struggling in one of the challenges. Nobody else helped her out.

I have no problem with someone having a high opinion of themselves if they have something to back that up. In Reynold's case, he's a beast at the challenges and found the hidden immunity idol twice so I think he's earned some bragging rights.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I am so conflicted!

I need one as well. I think he's good looking guy, I did from the start, and as pikachu said - he has earned his bragging rights
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh, I'm not denying he is good looking. He just needs to not talk, that's all. He definitely is a monster at challenges, and is pretty much the only reason the fans were even close to in it many times. But socially, he's a big turn off for me. His stupid grin while Brandon was melting down sealed it. Pretty much everyone else looked concerned or worried, and he's grinning from ear to ear like a big goofball. Oy Vey.

But good looking? Heck yes he is!
    Coco46 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Oh, I'm not denying he is good looking. He just needs to not talk, that's all. He definitely is a monster at challenges, and is pretty much the only reason the fans were even close to in it many times. But socially, he's a big turn off for me. His stupid grin while Brandon was melting down sealed it. Pretty much everyone else looked concerned or worried, and he's grinning from ear to ear like a big goofball. Oy Vey.

But good looking? Heck yes he is!
    I take into account editing, I am sure the meltdown was hours. I am not sure he was laughing at Brandon, but who knows .I liked Malcolm last time, but he has this weird little mouth, so I changed my eye candy. Besides Malcolm's game so far - sucks. They are focusing more on Reynolds, and that means he wont win.
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I think what bothered me more was that the Favs team was obviously in the middle of a major crisis when they forfeited the challenge, and all Reynold was interested in was seeing Jeff throw up his hands and declare "Fans Win Immunity!"

It was just tacky, and I'm glad Jeff declined to do so.
    GabbyG and spockwhat like this.

FORT Fan

Yesterday I said Jeff was condoning Brandon's behavior and everyone was arguing that he handled it in the best possible way. I still think that by handling him with kid gloves, he sent the wrong message. He could have diffused the situation and restrained him without all the rubbing and soothing talk. As someone said yesterday, Jeff just seemed to be enjoying the whole thing too much. I read an interview where Jeff said if Brandon had tried to burn down the camp, the only thing the producers would have done to intervene would be to supply the kerosene. He was joking, but making the point that this is "good television" and they all get excited behind the scenes. Very candid of him to admit that, but I just lost a ton of respect for him.

Clearly, Brandon is still delusional and believes that Jeff loves him and they have this tight bond. I wish Jeff had ordered him off the set.

Like the Kardashians only hotter? Please. The Kardashians are the running joke of reality TV -- only Brandon would think it was a positive thing to compare his family to them. And hotter? Yeah, if you like ugly mean-tempered short men with the intellect of a cabbage.

Like the Kardashians only hotter? Please. The Kardashians are the running joke of reality TV -- only Brandon would think it was a positive thing to compare his family to them.
    I thought it was funny he said that . As for the Kardashians, they are laughing all the way to the bank
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread