+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree339Likes

Thread: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I like him
    Then dare I propose the opposite? What do people actually like about Reynold?

I do have one!

1) He has good hand-eye coordination. It's possible he has good coordination even when he can't see his hands.

We'd have to ask Allie.

Oh, and to add to the earlier list,

whatever number was next) He's really dumb but is certain he's really smart. He's delusional and egotistical based on his delusions.

BUT. He does have good hand eye coordination.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 03-14-2013 at 03:32 PM.

I think he's good at challenges, I think the rest pretty much suck. I think he is playing the game, & anyone that actually plays this game is okay with me. I don't have to like them - case in point - Sherri, but I like that she is paying the game .She isn't a follower.She is lucky she is with a sucky group.
    holly71 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Ok the cynic in me says....The whole Brandon escapade was set up. Of course Jeff Probst is going to say what he did. Survivor has changed so much and IMO not for the better. I liked when the players were really out in the elements, no hygiene products, makeup, razors, etc. To receive extra food they had to win reward. The players were new, not rehashed from seasons before.
    But, I will continue to watch, just not so involved with the show any more.
    AJane and spockwhat like this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Oh, pick me! I'll answer that one.

1) He declares a girl to be not the prettiest one on the tribe and then proceeds to make out with her.

2) He forms an alliance of four in a ten person tribe based on what he considers to be attractiveness.

3) He then stands apart from the rest of the tribe and declares how the other six wish they were them and how everyone wants to be the "cool kids" like them.

4) He goes off anytime anyone votes for his seriously minority alliance. Seriously, he went off on Shamar for trying to vote out someone in his alliance. He and his alliance vote for Shamar, but THAT is not to be questioned.

5) Voting off one of his minority alliance was (quote) "revenge of the nerds".

6) When one of his alliance is voted off, he declares that it is because they are the best looking person on the tribe and thereby a threat. That one makes me

7) From last night, everyone is visibly upset about Brandon's melt down. Even the fans tribe has the class to only smile discreetly when they hear that the favourites want to forfeit. Except Reynolds. Not only does he get giddy, in his most classy manner, he asks Jeff to throw up his arms and say the "fans win immunity."

And that, in only part, actually, is why Reynolds is a douche bag.

Anyone else want to throw in? I'm sure we can think of something! I know I'll probably be back.

Oh, and he needs to pull up his dang shorts. Gross.
    1) He declares a girl to be not the prettiest one on the tribe and then proceeds to make out with her.
    I dont remember him saying that, but, Ill take your word for it.
    2) He forms an alliance of four in a ten person tribe based on what he considers to be attractiveness.
    I dont recall him ever stating that. I think they bonded no differently than the reasons other people bond. They had similar interests.
    4) He goes off anytime anyone votes for his seriously minority alliance. Seriously, he went off on Shamar for trying to vote out someone in his alliance. He and his alliance vote for Shamar, but THAT is not to be questioned.
    Of course he went off on Shamar. Shamar was a lazy rude pompous ass. If youre of the opinion that Shamar wasnt a cancer on that team, then, Ill just stop here, cause you and I will not agree on much...
    Big deal
    6) When one of his alliance is voted off, he declares that it is because they are the best looking person on the tribe and thereby a threat. That one makes me
    These things you mention about him stating they are the best looking..therefore theyre all jealous, I just dont recall. Im just an average looking guy myself, so I can honestly say Im not being biased towards him cause I myself am "hunky" lol.
    7) From last night, everyone is visibly upset about Brandon's melt down. Even the fans tribe has the class to only smile discreetly when they hear that the favourites want to forfeit. Except Reynolds. Not only does he get giddy, in his most classy manner, he asks Jeff to throw up his arms and say the "fans win immunity."
    I have to disagree with your assessment here also. He was in the other tribe. Youre assuming he was privy to Brandon and how things unfolded. Who knows how much of Brandons first season he even saw before. All he saw was one guy going off on another guy in heated argument and that the other tribe wanted him off, thus giving them immunity--yay! Not to mention, neither of us can be sure the smirks werent edited. Ive seen this in the past with this show and others, where, reactions, in reality, were to something totally different than what the producers showed us. But maybe he did truly laugh or smirk at what occurred. We dont know. What we do know is that he hasnt been around Brandon and Phillip enough to know that this was much more than just a heated argument.
    That said, hes not my favorite personality on the show, but, I dont see him being a jerk either. Yeah he bonded with the three other young good lookin ones in the beginning, but, would you be just as bothered, if it was an immediate alliance of older folks who create an alliance against the younger minority? Weve see this happen countless times, and noone seems to harbor ill will towards that I guess, cause maybe we're conditioned to hold resentment towards young attractive people, rather than those who maybe in a lot of other peoples eyes, dont fit that mold, so they get a free pass for doing the same thing...?
    holly71 and jh2467 like this.

FORT Fan

To those who answered my question about the Tribe's reactions to Brandon's final meltdown, thank you.

Interesting that you said that Phillip seemed not to be upset about Brandon's problem because I forgot to post that only Phillip kept looking directly at Brandon and in an almost challenging way when the others were averting or covering their eyes.

Coldbloodedness could be a good quality if you need someone to do some nasty stuff to other people IE enemies (as one might if one really were a "Government agent") but not such a good quality when it comes time for teamwork.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Oh, pick me! I'll answer that one.

3) He then stands apart from the rest of the tribe and declares how the other six wish they were them and how everyone wants to be the "cool kids" like them.

And that, in only part, actually, is why Reynolds is a douche bag.

Anyone else want to throw in? I'm sure we can think of something! I know I'll probably be back.

Oh, and he needs to pull up his dang shorts. Gross.
    Here's 2 more:

8) He planned the Immunity Idol when there was no logical reason for him to do so.
    9) He finds the second immunity idol and vows to tell NO ONE. But, first chance he gets, he tells. Stupid.
    spockwhat and Duckyface like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

He finds the second immunity idol and vows to tell NO ONE. But, first chance he gets, he tells. Stupid.
    I forgot he told Eddie. I would love to know why they seem they have to tell someone. I say I wouldn't, but perhaps I would,
    holly71 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I forgot he told Eddie. I would love to know why they seem they have to tell someone. I say I wouldn't, but perhaps I would,
    It might be a power thing. Knowing that you have that much power over others may be just too difficult to keep to yourself. What good is power if no one knows you have it?
    scoot13 likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Well, he played the immunity idol last week because so far he and his friends outside the majority alliance had been picked off one by one. He didn't know who was going to go next and he didn't want to be sent home with an idol in his pocket so he didn't the only thing he could do to guarantee he'd stay another week and played the idol.

And when he said he wasn't going to tell anyone else about the idol, I assumed he meant no one in the majority alliance. It was a given that he would tell Eddie about it because they're on the outs together. I think he feels safe that Eddie isn't going to tell anyone else about it.

I think Reynold is smart and he tried reasoning with Shamar but was shut down so who wouldn't be frustrated in his place? He and his friends are being targeted for elimination not because they're doing bad in the challenges but because the rest of the group feels threatened by them.

If his tribe would work with him, they could have gotten together to get the favorites out first and then worried about the pecking order in their own tribe. It's self-defeating to keep loyal people around and have to go to tribal council week after week to vote someone out instead of putting aside personal differences to focus on the common goal of winning challenges and not having to lose anyone.

Anyway, I like Reynold and respect him as a player. I don't care so much for any of the other fans. I probably won't remember any of them after this season. I already had forgotten about Julie (Julia?) until last night's show.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Oh good grief. Just saw this on a Facebook link. My response is that I would not watch ANY episode of Survivor featuring ANY member of the Hantz family!

Brandon Hantz vows to return to 'Survivor': 'A lot of people on TV are crazier than me'
    Monty Brinton/CBS

Brandon Hantz's emotional meltdown on "Survivor: Caramoan" shocked, saddened and disappointed most fans of the CBS reality show.

Many also questioned whether the notorious nephew of archvillain Russell Hantz was even psychologically stable enough to compete in the grueling competition.

But not Brandon himself. "There's no reason to be concerned whatsoever," he reassured The Clicker in an interview Thursday, adding that he is not receiving any medical treatment. "I'm doing wonderful."

What was your family's reaction to the episode?
    They loved it. We were all jumping up and down. Russell's proud of me ... me and Russell's relationship has grown so much. He definitely respects me as a Survivor now. I'd like to compete against him. We're trying to make this happen.

With your ignominious exit and your other uncle's (Willie Hantz) boot from "Big Brother," isn't the Hantz clan done with reality TV?
    No way. We are reality TV. We're like the Kardashians, but hotter.

Is there anything you do regret about your behavior?
    Honestly, no. Other than the fact that I wouldn't want it to affect me not being able to play again. But everybody loves me as far as I know. I feel like Jeff (Probst) really does care about me and really was worried, but understands the point I was at that time in my life.

How is going out on what you called "your terms" any different than quitting?
    Come on, give me a break. There's a huge difference. Everybody has a moment of weakness out there. Everybody who's ever played "Survivor" has wanted to quit at one point in time ... I wanted a chance to come back and redeem myself for the third time because I was already in a bunch of crap. Maybe the third time's the charm, already. They were already throwing the challenge, so who quit: me or them?

The difference between me and them is I'm going to tell you "I don't feel like doing this anymore" instead of being smart and keeping it to myself and getting over it five minutes later.

What do you think you would've done if Jeff didn't restrain you -- and was that the best shoulder massage you've ever had?
    Amazing. Softest hands in the world. He's a good guy. He was genuinely trying to be there for me, man. He was protecting me from myself ... Give me a break here, I had to deal with Phillip.

Ugh.
    Yeah! You haven't gotten a name. As much as you were disappointed in me, you might want to rethink your feelings on "Survivor." ... People can respect it or not, but most likely you're going to have to see me again.

What makes you believe CBS would have you back?
    What makes you believe CBS would have me back?

I don't believe they would.
    Oh. OK. We've got some mixed reviews on that. It makes me believe it because I'm just me -- I'm real. CBS believes in me, I truly believe that. Jeff stressed he does care about me. Love's a strong word, and I think there's levels of it, I'm not saying the guy loves me like family, but he does care for me.

I think they would need some proof that everything was OK. And I respect that, even though I know everything's fine. They'd definitely need some backing, but I think a lot of people on TV are crazier than me. That's what keeps you watching TV.

+ Reply to Thread